United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-04-2007, 02:51 PM
Tiberian

Anyone still frustrated that Rooney is starting a lot his games from wider areas. He has really found his form in the last month, and a lot of that may be down to the fact that he gets more space in wide positions, has become more confident and generally feels better about himself.

A lot of people had him down as purely an off the main striker player, even though the strengths of his game are not exactly typical of the player who generally plays that role, i.e Cantona/Sheringham/Bergkamp. They were all players with superb touch and vision who could pass the ball very well. Rooney is at his best when he making surging runs, his left and touch can let him down at times in tight areas. he has the awareness of space that the link player needs, but now that Rooney is understanding the wider role better it is working out quite well.

He and Giggs seem to have a very good understanding as well, numerous times recently Rooney has come form out to in to get on the end of a pass form Giggs, most notably that fine goal last night.

Unread 18-04-2007, 02:57 PM
Argentina

Default Why is my Betfair

in Arabic?
And why can I not view any markets?
Just on this computer. Not on any other one

Unread 18-04-2007, 04:45 PM
RedOx

Why the £#%&! are ya all havin a go at Rooney, the boy's class, it really astounds me, maybe its cos we've been so £#%&!in good this season that you've all got bored of not be able to complain. Don't take it out on the roonster! for those of you with short memories:

thats no fluke!

Unread 18-04-2007, 04:54 PM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOx
Why the £#%&! are ya all havin a go at Rooney, the boy's class, it really astounds me, maybe its cos we've been so £#%&!in good this season that you've all got bored of not be able to complain. Don't take it out on the roonster! for those of you with short memories:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA7IJbSQeug

thats no fluke!
We're not all having a go at Rooney. Just me. And Im giving constructive criticism
Closed Thread