United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-04-2007, 01:24 PM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
A couple of questions for 'Argentina' that I asked the other day, but funnily enough didn't get a reply?
I post things and go from the computer

Quote:
Are you from Argentina?
No, are you from MJ Ramone?

Quote:
Are you English?
I was born in Manchester. I say Im from Manchester first, England second

Quote:
Have you ever seen Wayne Rooney live in the flesh or just on Tele?
Never, all my comment are media based repititions, none are my own thoughts

Quote:
Are you aware that the sport of 'Football' isn't a 'spin-off' of Pro-Evolution Soccer & that football was around long before the video game version?
Shit, you are kidding me. What a rediculous thing to say.

Quote:
Are you infact a 13 year old Arsenal/City fan who sits giggling at his computer 'pretending' to be a United fan who hates Wayne Rooney?
Who says I hate Wayne Rooney. And the first part of that will be treated witht the contempt it deserves

Quote:
Maradona was incredibly 'one footed'...as was Romario...are they shit as well?
(assuming you've heard of either of them of course)
Read my comments on Ryan Giggs. Add to the 'one-sided'ness, speed, a low centre of gravity, a football brain, balance, poise, tricks

Quote:
What an embarrassing idiot you are my friend.
Trotting out the "it was only against relegation fodder" argument!!...I suppose great players score 'wicked goals against Barcelona & Brazil every week innit??!...just like on my Pro-Evo games'
One of Besties great goals for United was against Sheffield United....I suppose that was shit too...assuming you've heard of George Best of course.
But was that one of Rooney's best ever goals? Was it? If it was, does Rooney then go on and put stirling performances in against the likes of Benfica? Absolutely terrorising the defence of a team who's best player has just been presented with Worl Player of The Year beforehand?

Quote:
Any Manchester United fan that can't see that Wayne Rooney is a top class footballer & arguably our best player clearly has absolutely no genuine love of the game..& certainly no insight or knowledge.
Just a little matter of a man called Ronaldo, and Carrick, and Giggs, and Ferdinand, and Vidic, and Scholes

Hope this helps

Unread 18-04-2007, 01:25 PM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
MJ Ramone, i think you're trying to be a bit too patronising and it isn't pretty reading, infact it's cringeworthy. The lad is an incredible talent and i absolutely love watching him, but is it a sin to point out a weakness he posesses?
Cheers mate, but what about Rooney?

Unread 18-04-2007, 01:25 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
MJ Ramone, i think you're trying to be a bit too patronising and it isn't pretty reading, infact it's cringeworthy. The lad is an incredible talent and i absolutely love watching him, but is it a sin to point out a weakness he posesses?
A sin to point out his weakness?....not at all.
But why point out his weaknesses the morning after another fine display in the shirt & another wonderfully taken goal??
So what are his weaknesses?...his left foot isn't great? - his temper can get him into trouble?
£#%&!ing hell, I've never known a 'Great' player to have a problem with their temprement (only every great player that ever £#%&!ing lived - apart from Bobby Charlton)
His left foot?..well, it's not perfect, but it's hardly unusual for a great player to have a much stronger foot than the other one.

Cretins like 'Argentina' have a vendetta against Rooney. They sit by their computers during the match, praying that Rooney will have a bad game.
I bet he 'kicked the cat' when Rooney grabbed a brace in the Cup semi the other day..."I know (he thought) I'll post on Fred saying that it doesn't count as a good goal because it was against a poor side!!...that'll do. I really know my stuff!"

Unread 18-04-2007, 01:34 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
Just a little matter of a man called Ronaldo, and Carrick, and Giggs, and Ferdinand, and Vidic, and Scholes

Hope this helps

None of those players are 'better' than Rooney. Don't be so £#%&!ing stupid.
Some of them are arguably 'as good' in their own position.
Rooney is one of our top players.
If you're not prepared to admit that at least, then you clearly are a on a wind-up.

I never said Rooney's goal last night was 'one of his best'...I was making the point that you can't dismiss the validity of a goal because of the opponents.

I just can't get my head around why anyone would dislike one of our best players, so much so that 90% of their posts on a United forum are used to slag him off.
£#%&!ing bizarre.

Unread 18-04-2007, 01:37 PM
S/Side.Red

I don't see many obvious weaknesses in Rooney's game. He may be a bit one-footed, but many of the greats in the game have been too. I think his season had been a bit of a write-off until the last four or five games, during which he has been sensational. He's in great form at the moment.

I like seeing him angry and arguing with refs. It's something I noticed him do less when he was struggling with form. He's at his best when he's pissed off.

Unread 18-04-2007, 01:40 PM
MethodMan

hold on a minute

why dont you all pipe down?

my thread has been hijacked and turned into an assault on Mr Rooney

I was merely pointing out that in my opinion Wayne's temper could cost us - what if Styles had sent him off last night and the first yellow was for dissent?

I dont think we can afford any stupid suspensions for dissent at this stage in the campaign - we need all the players we can pull together

That's all

My question has already been answered

Now move along - nothing more to see here - take your cyberfight into the cyberplayground

Unread 18-04-2007, 01:45 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I don't see many obvious weaknesses in Rooney's game
There are hardly any weaknesses in Rooney's game that aren't usually found in 'Great' players...particuarly ones of 21 years of age.

All this stuff about temperament/one footed is a smoke screen.
Ultimately, the 'Top Reds' won't like him because he's English (you have to be from overseas to have a modern United cult status - Cantona, Ole, Ronaldo, Vidic etc.. - incidentally I love all those players before anyone starts)
..& more obviously he's disliked because he's from Liverpool. Which is pathetic really.
A young Evertonian genius signs for us & some people are so bitter & self-obsessed that they can't see beyond his accent?
Dear me.

Unread 18-04-2007, 01:45 PM
Barca '91

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodMan
what if Styles had sent him off last night and the first yellow was for dissent?
Muppet.

What if anyone received 2 yellow cards? The fact is that he didnt get booked for dissent did he? He got booked for £#%&! all, from where I was sat it even looked like Jagielka was saying he never touched me.

Unread 18-04-2007, 01:49 PM
MethodMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barca '91
Muppet.

What if anyone received 2 yellow cards? The fact is that he didnt get booked for dissent did he? He got booked for £#%&! all, from where I was sat it even looked like Jagielka was saying he never touched me.
oi #@&%!

i was saying wayne does not help himself by being all confrontational and abusive to refs and he needs to calm it a bit

Unread 18-04-2007, 02:03 PM
Barca '91

Quote:
oi #@&%!

dont come out with stupid comments then

Unread 18-04-2007, 02:06 PM
Ether

Quote:
The lad is an incredible talent and i absolutely love watching him, but is it a sin to point out a weakness he posesses?
No, but it does get a bit tiresome when he turns up in every Rooney thread saying the exact same thing about his left foot. He seems to think it's some massive revelation that nobody else has noticed.

Unread 18-04-2007, 02:08 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
wayne does not help himself by being all confrontational and abusive to refs and he needs to calm it a bit

Agreed, but all great players down the years have had that aggresive, argumentative streak.
It's a liability, but he'll always have it unfortunately.
It will cost us because he is a 'scalp' for the refs - particuarly in Europe - but it's something we'll have to live with.

My point is that during Rooney's lean times this season he came in for a lot of stick on here & certain forumites were clearly loving every minute of it.
Now that he's back playing well (not just against 'relegation fodder' - he was MOTM in both Roma games & scored in both) some people are clearly rattled by it, so they look for something else to criticise him about.

Anyway, there's no 'cyberfighting' on here. I'm just vehemently defending one of our top players on an internet forum. It's nothing personal against anyone!

Unread 18-04-2007, 02:10 PM
MethodMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barca '91

dont come out with stupid comments then
dont patronise

Unread 18-04-2007, 02:11 PM
Barca '91

Wink

Quote:
dont patronise
dont be stupid

Unread 18-04-2007, 02:15 PM
Argentina

Quote:
None of those players are 'better' than Rooney. Don't be so £#%&!ing stupid.
Some of them are arguably 'as good' in their own position.
Rooney is one of our top players.
If you're not prepared to admit that at least, then you clearly are a on a wind-up.

I never said Rooney's goal last night was 'one of his best'...I was making the point that you can't dismiss the validity of a goal because of the opponents.

I just can't get my head around why anyone would dislike one of our best players, so much so that 90% of their posts on a United forum are used to slag him off.
£#%&!ing bizarre.
So why did you refer back to Best's goal, his best being against Sheff Wed, who were relegation troubled?
And as for 90% of my posts...stalker? A bad one at that because youd know thats not true.
I am just evening up the argument as to what type of player Rooney is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
No, but it does get a bit tiresome when he turns up in every Rooney thread saying the exact same thing about his left foot. He seems to think it's some massive revelation that nobody else has noticed.
Like I said. Some balance. He has not been playing well all season and I come on threads to give some balance when everyone is praising him for picking his nose.

Unread 18-04-2007, 02:19 PM
Argentina

Quote:
My point is that during Rooney's lean times this season he came in for a lot of stick on here & certain forumites were clearly loving every minute of it.
Now that he's back playing well (not just against 'relegation fodder' - he was MOTM in both Roma games & scored in both) some people are clearly rattled by it, so they look for something else to criticise him about.
I have seen the slightest return to form. He has finished some of his chances, which means he enjoys the game a bit more. But as for being MOTM I must have missed both those games...or was that on your Pro Evo game?

Unread 18-04-2007, 02:28 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
I have seen the slightest return to form. He has finished some of his chances, which means he enjoys the game a bit more. But as for being MOTM I must have missed both those games...or was that on your Pro Evo game?
Come off it. He was outstanding in the away leg in particular.

The way you nonchalantly say "finished some of his chances" !!
Yeah that tap-in in the Olympic Stadium...he didn't show any composure or class did he??!
His brace against Bolton the other week...the first goal on Saturday etc..

The lad's a £#%&!ing star. I don't care what anyone says.

...oh, & I aint played Pro-Evo for a while. I might have a game tonight now.
I'll be sure & let you know if Wayne scores..

Unread 18-04-2007, 02:32 PM
Argentina

Quote:
Come off it. He was outstanding in the away leg in particular.

The way you nonchalantly say "finished some of his chances" !!
Yeah that tap-in in the Olympic Stadium...he didn't show any composure or class did he??!
His brace against Bolton the other week...the first goal on Saturday etc..

The lad's a £#%&!ing star. I don't care what anyone says.

...oh, & I aint played Pro-Evo for a while. I might have a game tonight now.
I'll be sure & let you know if Wayne scores..
In Rome was the only world class thing he has done in a long time. Not just for the technique shown but for the high stakes, pressure moment it was, and the calmness he showed. I can admit when he does things well. But this season his down sides have not so much negated the good things he has done but begs the question 'what if' he wasnt crippling himself by not using his god damn left foot!

Unread 18-04-2007, 02:44 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
In Rome was the only world class thing he has done in a long time. Not just for the technique shown but for the high stakes, pressure moment it was, and the calmness he showed. I can admit when he does things well. But this season his down sides have not so much negated the good things he has done but begs the question 'what if' he wasnt crippling himself by not using his god damn left foot!
He isn't great on his left foot, but I think he's prepared to use it if the chance is on - his first goal for the Club was with his left foot..+ he scored a beautifully taken goal with his left against City at Old Trafford this season.

I just think it's an unnecessary thing to pick fault with him over. Scholesy hasn't got a 'great' left foot....Ronaldo always tries to get on his right foot before shooting at goal.
It's understandable.

Let's just hope Rooney continues to score goals between now & the end of the season (with either foot) & that it brings us a trophy or 2.

Unread 18-04-2007, 02:45 PM
Rossi the Red

What about when he came on in the second half in the FA cup tie against Pompey.

A couple of average goals i suppose.
Closed Thread