United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-04-2018, 08:39 AM
Sapien

Feels like the end of an era. Bit sad in some ways. Looks a shadow of his former self here having just cleared out his desk at the Emirates.

Unread 27-04-2018, 09:07 AM
MJ Ramone

Thumbs up

It's all water under the bridge now.
I think he deserves a decent reception because he was a huge part of the story during the most successful era in the Clubs history.

More often than not we came out on top, but £#%&!ing hell they were ace games.

Unread 27-04-2018, 09:09 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

He was an insufferable turd in his day. But I'm grateful that he stuck around and ruined arsenal.
Along with the american parasites who now run the club.

Unread 27-04-2018, 09:11 AM
RemisMoses

If you listen to the lads from 99, they all say it was Arsenals double in 98 that drove us on the following season. Would we have been able to achieve what we did without those lads pushing us?

Unread 27-04-2018, 09:19 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
show some respect to a man who introduced broccoli to footballers

Compared to that bald headed #@&%! over the road, Wenger is an utter delight.

The last reminder of a great era to some extent. So yeah, a couple of light claps I suppose.

Unread 27-04-2018, 09:30 AM
My Name is Heath

Huge respect from me.

Would Batman be the same without the Joker?

Would Infinity War have been the same if the villain had been Jacob Rees Mogg?

His teams were immense and the peak Arsenal teams would have destroyed Liverpool and City this season.

Keown v Salah

Bould vs Aguero - they'd be hobbling off the pitch.

Wright, Bergkamp, Henry, Anelka, Overmars being afraid to take it to Otamendi and Alien Headed Freak From Easter Island Kompany?

No - respect where respect is due. Great manager.

Unread 27-04-2018, 09:37 AM
Wellinever

Default Wenger record conceding 8 goals to us!

For that alone he should get a round of applause, our highest PL goal tally, so far! And he sold us RVP, how can we not stand and applaud the man on Sunday?

Unread 27-04-2018, 09:38 AM
TheFatGoth

Unread 27-04-2018, 09:45 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellinever
For that alone he should get a round of applause, our highest PL goal tally, so far! And he sold us RVP, how can we not stand and applaud the man on Sunday?
New to Ipswich pol?

Unread 27-04-2018, 09:49 AM
Bunker Buster

Brick him

Unread 27-04-2018, 09:54 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Think he'll get one from us?

Worthy adversary over time and involved in some of our greatest games and title battles. And let's face it, he did things the right way - not gifted to him. Yes, some of his teams were jammed with snides but it all added to the fun. So, cheered/politely clapped off the pitch or reminded about his packet of sweets and years of failure?
not gifted to him? ha. see how well he did when he didn't have someone else's defence (and bergkamp) gifted to him. managed to spot petit, henry, vieira and pires climbing over his back fence. but otherwise visually impaired and his teams lacked discipline (yes, so did ours). has really struggled for years to be anything other than mediocre.

of course we should give him a standing ovation. because we've got class, not because he has.

Unread 27-04-2018, 09:58 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Huge respect from me.

Would Batman be the same without the Joker?

Would Infinity War have been the same if the villain had been Jacob Rees Mogg?

His teams were immense and the peak Arsenal teams would have destroyed Liverpool and City this season.

Keown v Salah

Bould vs Aguero - they'd be hobbling off the pitch.

Wright, Bergkamp, Henry, Anelka, Overmars being afraid to take it to Otamendi and Alien Headed Freak From Easter Island Kompany?

No - respect where respect is due. Great manager.
A lot of truth in that post Jez. Without those strong Arsenal sides to push us, would we have achieved all that we have. We need a strong opponent at United and after the demise of Liverpool, Arsenal under Wenger filled that role.

Remember when we used to feel almost sorry for Liverpool when they were shit ? No great joy in beating them under Houllier or Hodgson, but we were always well up for smashing Henry, Reyers, Vierra and the rest.

Unread 27-04-2018, 10:00 AM
Wellinever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
New to Ipswich pol?

Thought the Ipswich result was prior to PL?

Unread 27-04-2018, 10:04 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Thought the Ipswich result was prior to PL?
Was before there was broccoli so it doesn't count

Unread 27-04-2018, 10:07 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Remember when we used to feel almost sorry for Liverpool when they were shit ? No great joy in beating them under Houllier or Hodgson

Unread 27-04-2018, 10:17 AM
barca99

I will be there on Sunday and rest assured I will be doing what ever the majority of the people around me are doing. motwyw

Unread 27-04-2018, 10:27 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock

Remember when we used to feel almost sorry for Liverpool.
Nope

Unread 27-04-2018, 10:33 AM
thatsfuctit

Shoulda Woulda Coulda

How would 99 have panned out and subsequent seasons if The Great Dane doesn't save Bergkamp's penalty?

What a game

Unread 27-04-2018, 10:52 AM
red red robbo

Quote:

http://www.stretfordend.co.uk/seasons/season1995.html

Unread 27-04-2018, 10:56 AM
tatty

I'll be clapping at home.
Closed Thread