United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-08-2017, 01:42 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
He was poor for their opener, even though it was offside, and is unconvincing at set pieces; doesn't mean he always will be though. As things stand, if all of our defenders were fit the CB pairing (assuming a back four) would be Bailly and Rojo.
it really wouldn't. I like rojo, but our first choice pairing would be bailly and smalling.

Unread 09-08-2017, 01:55 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
it really wouldn't. I like rojo, but our first choice pairing would be bailly and smalling.
It's Bailly and Rojo ffs. Anyone with eyes should be able to see that.

You have eyes right?

Unread 09-08-2017, 01:56 PM
believe

I'm usually quicker than anyone to write off players but this is pretty mental. We've barely played a competetive match with a settled side. Pre-season isn't about individuals, it's about testing formations and getting match fit.

Unread 09-08-2017, 01:59 PM
Throw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Twitter

I'll judge him after 20 games.
I don't even look at players until the 10 game mark.

Unread 09-08-2017, 01:59 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch

You have eyes right?
grinchy, if rojo was as good at getting to crosses in his own box as he is in the opposition box, I might agree. smalling is ridiculously underrated on here.

Unread 09-08-2017, 02:02 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
grinchy, if rojo was as good at getting to crosses in his own box as he is in the opposition box, I might agree. smalling is ridiculously underrated on here.
Smalling can't pass a football. He can't mark someone without holding onto them for dear life.

He's shit.

Unread 09-08-2017, 02:10 PM
dunk

Rojo is worse than Smalling.

Bailly, Jones, Lindelof should be first picks..

Unread 09-08-2017, 02:20 PM
jem

Quote:
Smalling can't pass a football. He can't mark someone without holding onto them for dear life.

He's shit.
however, the primary responsibility of a central defender is defending, not being a juan sebastian. when bale, for example, runs through on goal and smalling outpaces him and clears up... you think anyone else we have is doing that? he stopped at least three more or less certain goals last night. lindelof had bale in a similar position a couple of minutes after smalling's rio-esque intervention and struggled for pace and strength (he still got it clear, but it was inconvincing). smalling is also our best defender in the air.

of course, smalling has his bad points - pulling shirts every £#%&!ing time and occasionally stepping into ridiculous positions... and his distribution is woeful. but all our defenders have their weaknesses. rojo, for example, appears to be incapable of following the flight of a ball played into our box - he's always running underneath. that's a big failing in our league.

Unread 09-08-2017, 02:23 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
however, the primary responsibility of a central defender is defending, not being a juan sebastian. when bale, for example, runs through on goal and smalling outpaces him and clears up... you think anyone else we have is doing that? he stopped at least three more or less certain goals last night. lindelof had bale in a similar position a couple of minutes after smalling's rio-esque intervention and struggled for pace and strength (he still got it clear, but it was inconvincing). smalling is also our best defender in the air.

of course, smalling has his bad points - pulling shirts every £#%&!ing time and occasionally stepping into ridiculous positions... and his distribution is woeful. but all our defenders have their weaknesses. rojo, for example, appears to be incapable of following the flight of a ball played into our box - he's always running underneath. that's a big failing in our league.
OK. If he's partnered with Bailly he is acceptable for the reasons you state. But any of the others and the level of shit@#%&!ery is just too high back there.

If Rojo wasn't injured he'd be gone already.

Unread 09-08-2017, 02:29 PM
Cream

Quote:
OK. If he's partnered with Bailly he is acceptable for the reasons you state. But any of the others and the level of shit@#%&!ery is just too high back there.

If Rojo wasn't injured he'd be gone already.
Rojo reds.

Made the position his own prior to injury. Just needed a run of games to show his worth. Smelling shouldn't still be at the club.

Unread 09-08-2017, 02:31 PM
AK14

Quote:

You have eyes right?
Yep

They were the preferred pairing last season and played well together

Rojo was also partnered with Jones for consecutive games at one point and still played well.

Unread 09-08-2017, 02:35 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Yep

They were the preferred pairing last season and played well together

Rojo was also partnered with Jones for consecutive games at one point and still played well.
Covered a lot for Jones's many brain malfunctions iirc. Out-snided Costa too. Just don't play him at left back.

Unread 09-08-2017, 02:40 PM
dunk

Wtf is with the whitewashing of Rojo's season? He was toss, settled into acceptable and never more, and should've been sent off about 3 times. Needs selling as soon as he's fit.

Unread 09-08-2017, 02:45 PM
jem

seriously, the idea that we can get rid of rojo, smalling or lindelof is a bit silly. if bailly gets injured, that's our back three. oh, god... I feel sick.

Unread 09-08-2017, 02:53 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
seriously, the idea that we can get rid of rojo, smalling or lindelof is a bit silly. if bailly gets injured, that's our back three. oh, god... I feel sick.
There's always Daley.

Don't you feel better already?

Unread 09-08-2017, 02:55 PM
saffers

Dunky bloody hates latinos doesnt he? Wow

Unread 09-08-2017, 03:04 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Players from outside Manchester who have 3 bad games = Sell
Players from inside Manchester who have 3 good games = Keep

Unread 09-08-2017, 03:19 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throw
How do you watch the game then? Do you get caught ball-watching?

Unread 09-08-2017, 03:29 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
I hate all United's players to different degrees atm, just about.

But Rojo is just shit.

Unread 09-08-2017, 03:36 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throw
Get on YouTube and watch Ronaldo's debut for us against Bolton.

Amazing it was. Shame you missed it.
Closed Thread