United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-12-2015, 10:19 PM
magic_cantona

Football When will United get back to being United?

Leave the abuse and give an honest answer.

Will LvG suddenly have us playing exciting, arse on the edge of your seat football as opposed to the hands covering the eyes stuff we're seeing now?

Will he buy some players in January for a new an attacking set-up? Do you reckon he's lined up Cavani etc or will we hear that he's 'happy with the squad' on January 3rd?

Or, will he be gone before we see us start rinsing teams 4 and 5 nil again (or even 2-0 )

When and how will things change? IMO, this season is a great chance for us to win the league - IF we can sort it out.

Unread 05-12-2015, 10:21 PM
no fun

2017/18

Unread 05-12-2015, 10:21 PM
Fat Al

That style of football is the way of LvG.

Thing is, how many current managers DO play that way?

Unread 05-12-2015, 10:27 PM
Ethers

Great thread.

Unread 05-12-2015, 10:28 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Great thread.

I think so.

Unread 05-12-2015, 10:29 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona

I think so.
somebody's looking forward to curry night.

Unread 05-12-2015, 10:30 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

The old United is dead.

We're just another team who plays the same style of risk-free football, who'd rather draw and go again than risk it for the buzz of a late win.

It's what Woodward signed us up for with this manager, now he's allowed it it'll become the norm.

Unread 05-12-2015, 10:30 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth

Unread 05-12-2015, 10:31 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
2017/18
just afer quarter past eight

Unread 05-12-2015, 10:31 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
That style of football is the way of LvG.

Thing is, how many current managers DO play that way?
But it patently isn't. He hasn't carved out a career on the back of bullshit non-football like he's serving up with us. I just can't for the life of me get why he thinks us uniquely of all the teams he's ever managed is best served by not scoring any goals.

Unread 05-12-2015, 10:33 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth

Unread 06-12-2015, 02:07 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Leave the abuse and give an honest answer.

Will LvG suddenly have us playing exciting, arse on the edge of your seat football as opposed to the hands covering the eyes stuff we're seeing now?

Will he buy some players in January for a new an attacking set-up? Do you reckon he's lined up Cavani etc or will we hear that he's 'happy with the squad' on January 3rd?)
I don't think we're far off from clicking in an attacking sense. We're not scoring many, but the recent games haven't been the boring football of slowly passing it square and backwards with us never looking like getting in behind the defence. Continue with the recent approach, a few goals, remove the cloud hanging over the club with a raise in confidence and we'll be away. So long as Rooney remains out of the team. Then add to the fast attacking options in the next two windows, and hopefully a box to box midfielder. With martial and Depay continuing to develop, the rebuild will be done for the start of next season.

Unread 06-12-2015, 02:48 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
I don't think we're far off from clicking in an attacking sense. We're not scoring many, but the recent games haven't been the boring football of slowly passing it square and backwards with us never looking like getting in behind the defence. Continue with the recent approach, a few goals, remove the cloud hanging over the club with a raise in confidence and we'll be away. So long as Rooney remains out of the team. Then add to the fast attacking options in the next two windows, and hopefully a box to box midfielder. With martial and Depay continuing to develop, the rebuild will be done for the start of next season.
Agree with all of that.

I reckon we'll click after the new year. Should be enough to challenge for the title. Next season we will be the finished article.

What we can't do is keep throwing money at the problem. Sick of waiting for players to bed in.

Unread 06-12-2015, 08:03 AM
Denis Irwell

United of the 80s? 70s? earlier?

Unread 06-12-2015, 11:30 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
The old United is dead.

We're just another team who plays the same style of risk-free football, who'd rather draw and go again than risk it for the buzz of a late win.

It's what Woodward signed us up for with this manager, now he's allowed it it'll become the norm.
Pathetic shit the bed @#%&!.

Unread 06-12-2015, 11:31 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Pathetic shit the bed @#%&!.

Unread 06-12-2015, 11:41 AM
NegativeNorris

How can anybody say we're close to "clicking" ffs?! In what way is this the case?
We could play attacking football on Tuesday if we had a decent £#%&!ing manager.

Delusion on here is embarrassing. Every other football watching person on this earth can see what the problem is, yet seemingly there's still members on this forum who can't. Strange.

Unread 06-12-2015, 11:47 AM
dunk

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegativeNorris
How can anybody say we're close to "clicking" ffs?! In what way is this the case?
We could play attacking football on Tuesday if we had a decent £#%&!ing manager.

Delusion on here is embarrassing. Every other football watching person on this earth can see what the problem is, yet seemingly there's still members on this forum who can't. Strange.
Stupid @#%&!.

Unread 06-12-2015, 01:33 PM
NegativeNorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Stupid c***.
Nice input, you £#%&!ing idiot.

Where's your argument for LVG? Are you capable of stringing a couple of sentences together to explain where he's taking us, or is that too much?

I bet you're fat.

Unread 06-12-2015, 01:35 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegativeNorris
Nice input, you £#%&!ing idiot.

Where's your argument for LVG? Are you capable of stringing a couple of sentences together to explain where he's taking us, or is that too much?

I bet you're fat.
All over the forum.

I bet you're about 5'6 and a gimpy little #@&%! to boot.
Closed Thread