United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-05-2018, 04:06 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Yes it is; how could it not be? I guess the debate comes down to whether or not it’s justified which is something we can’t possibly know given that we’re not privvy to the sort of information Mourinho is.
We are deffo allowed to have our own opinion on a player, imo.

Martial was good off the bench early this season, then when given three consecutive league starts at the turn of the year, responded with goals in each of those games. He was then moved into a different position and quickly benched to accommodate Sanchez.

Mourinho has clearly lost the player now. I doubt he cares much as I don't think he ever fancied him. So Martial needs a move.

Unread 20-05-2018, 04:18 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
We are deffo allowed to have our own opinion.

Unread 20-05-2018, 06:10 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
I'd rather have Saha over Martial
Saha was massively underrated. If he could have got over his mental problems he'd have been a £#%&!ing brilliant player.

Unread 20-05-2018, 06:15 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Saha was massively underrated. If he could have got over his mental problems he'd have been a £#%&!ing brilliant player.
Could have been if not for the amount of injuries he picked up.

Unread 20-05-2018, 06:39 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Could have been if not for the amount of injuries he picked up.
I think he's admitted that the injuries had messed with his state of being so much that he got to be never quite sure if he actually was fit to play or not. A shame, he could've been great, had all the tools. That season we hit the ground running and blew Chelsea away we couldn't have done without him.

Unread 20-05-2018, 06:58 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
I think he's admitted that the injuries had messed with his state of being so much that he got to be never quite sure if he actually was fit to play or not. A shame, he could've been great, had all the tools. That season we hit the ground running and blew Chelsea away we couldn't have done without him.
Getting in Larsson might have messed with his head as well.

Unread 20-05-2018, 09:36 PM
Kangared

Quote:
We are deffo allowed to have our own opinion on a player, imo.

Martial was good off the bench early this season, then when given three consecutive league starts at the turn of the year, responded with goals in each of those games. He was then moved into a different position and quickly benched to accommodate Sanchez.

Mourinho has clearly lost the player now. I doubt he cares much as I don't think he ever fancied him. So Martial needs a move.
You are the master of stat juggling so I will ask you a simple yes or no question
Do you think Martial played well enough in all of his starts to earn that left wing spot as his own ?

Unread 20-05-2018, 10:07 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
You are the master of stat juggling so I will ask you a simple yes or no question
Do you think Martial played well enough in all of his starts to earn that left wing spot as his own ?
Yes, by January I think he had definitely earned it. I also think it would have been more beneficial for our future than casting him aside for a declining 30-year-old midget, who loses the ball more often than any player most games he plays, on a long term contract. Capiche?

Unread 20-05-2018, 10:50 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Yes, by January I think he had definitely earned it. I also think it would have been more beneficial for our future than casting him aside for a declining 30-year-old midget, who loses the ball more often than any player most games he plays, on a long term contract. Capiche?
You know Fergie would have played Park ahead of martial on the left don’t you.

Unread 20-05-2018, 10:52 PM
S/Side.Red

Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
You know Fergie would have played Park ahead of martial on the left don’t you.
Certainly not after the debut season Martial had.

Unread 20-05-2018, 11:06 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
He was superb for Chelsea today.

That attempted chip

Unread 21-05-2018, 12:21 AM
utd99

Quote:
Agreed with that last season. Not this season, where I think he's given it a real go but finds a manager for whom it'll never be enough.
I’m curious about something. Let’s say you’re the manager and you can’t get a young player to play the way you direct no matter what you do, and you’ve lost confidence that you’ll ever get through. What would you do? Serious question, and obviously with the caveat that I don’t know whether this is the case just as much as you don’t know it’s not.

Unread 21-05-2018, 12:30 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I’m curious about something. Let’s say you’re the manager and you can’t get a young player to play the way you direct no matter what you do, and you’ve lost confidence that you’ll ever get through. What would you do? Serious question, and obviously with the caveat that I don’t know whether this is the case just as much as you don’t know it’s not.
I'm afraid the answer is a cop-out but it depends on who it is and what you want. If he's a special talent perhaps you look into finding a different role or trying something new. In other circumstances you might just give up, but again if he's special that has to be a last resort.

In terms of Martial, Mourinho didn't sign him so he's perfectly entitled not to fancy him. I just think it's a shame that the club didn't appreciate how predictable such outcomes with Martial, Rashford, Shaw and pretty much everyone in the academy was under Mou.

Unread 21-05-2018, 12:49 AM
utd99

Quote:
I'm afraid the answer is a cop-out but it depends on who it is and what you want. If he's a special talent perhaps you look into finding a different role or trying something new. In other circumstances you might just give up, but again if he's special that has to be a last resort.

In terms of Martial, Mourinho didn't sign him so he's perfectly entitled not to fancy him. I just think it's a shame that the club didn't appreciate how predictable such outcomes with Martial, Rashford, Shaw and pretty much everyone in the academy was under Mou.
Again, you expected it so that’s what you see. Is any part of how their respective careers pan out actually down to them, or is it all about Mourinho? I keep hearing how Rashford doesn’t get a look in, but he’s featured more under this manager than any player barring De Gea -and maybe Valencia- I think. He’s also played more games for United than Paul Scholes, David Beckham and Gary Neville had at the same age, combined.

I’m just not a big fan of excuses, and I don’t think there’s any excuse for the sort of sloppy execution of basic play we see from these people week in and week out. I don’t give a £#%&! if they hate the manager; professional pride and representing this club should be enough to warrant an honest shift, and I don’t think we get that from Martial. Rashford’s fate is up to him, and Shaw is a waste of space. And just so it doesn’t seem like I’m picking on the youngsters:
Pogba, waste of money
Sanchez, early signs of shit @#%&!ery
Lukaku, unimpressed
Lingard, not good enough in any way shape or form
Herrera, coward
Mata, too slow and weak, finished
Smalling and Jones, ok at some aspects, awful at others. Not good enough five years ago, so certainly not good enough now.
Valencia, longest make shift full back cameo from a failed right winger ever
Mourinho, thin skinned ego merchant whose routine is beyond old.

De Gea, good.

Miss anyone?

Unread 21-05-2018, 01:01 AM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Again, you expected it so that’s what you see. Is any part of how their respective careers pan out actually down to them, or is it all about Mourinho? I keep hearing how Rashford doesn’t get a look in, but he’s featured more under this manager than any player barring De Gea -and maybe Valencia- I think. He’s also played more games for United than Paul Scholes, David Beckham and Gary Neville had at the same age, combined.

I’m just not a big fan of excuses, and I don’t think there’s any excuse for the sort of sloppy execution of basic play we see from these people week in and week out. I don’t give a £#%&! if they hate the manager; professional pride and representing this club should be enough to warrant an honest shift, and I don’t think we get that from Martial. Rashford’s fate is up to him, and Shaw is a waste of space. And just so it doesn’t seem like I’m picking on the youngsters:
Pogba, waste of money
Sanchez, early signs of shit @#%&!ery
Lukaku, unimpressed
Lingard, not good enough in any way shape or form
Herrera, coward
Mata, too slow and weak, finished
Smalling and Jones, ok at some aspects, awful at others. Not good enough five years ago, so certainly not good enough now.
Valencia, longest make shift full back cameo from a failed right winger ever
Mourinho, thin skinned ego merchant whose routine is beyond old.

De Gea, good.

Miss anyone?
Drop the bomb exterminate them all

£#%&!ing hell mate you've gone full Kurtz over a football match

Unread 21-05-2018, 01:09 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
Drop the bomb exterminate them all

£#%&!ing hell mate you've gone full Kurtz over a football match
Five seasons of it.

Unread 21-05-2018, 01:22 AM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Five seasons of it.
FFS mate myself and many others went through 26 seasons of it and never threw out as many toys

Different world I suppose but them days we were supporters not customers

Unread 21-05-2018, 02:22 AM
utd99

Quote:
FFS mate myself and many others went through 26 seasons of it and never threw out as many toys

Different world I suppose but them days we were supporters not customers
My first game Docherty was manager.

His last as it happens.

I care about the club not these transient nobodies.

Unread 21-05-2018, 03:11 AM
rubbernecker

Quote:
My first game Docherty was manager.

His last as it happens.

I care about the club not these transient nobodies.
Fair enough mate keep the ball on the deck though

Unread 21-05-2018, 03:46 AM
utd99

Quote:
Fair enough mate keep the ball on the deck though
Can’t promise anything. It’s starting to feel like the 85th minute and Fellaini’s just come on.
Closed Thread