United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
vBookie Event: Chelsea v Manchester United (Football)
This event is over.
vBookie Event
Chelsea v Manchester United (Football)

This event is over.

Outcome Odds Total Bets Total Staked
Chelsea 3/4 F (0.75) 8 10255772  
Manchester United 4/1 (4.00) 6 576150  
Draw 3/1 (3.00) 3 35016 WIN!

Unread 20-10-2018, 03:03 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
None of this matters unless it serves as a catalyst for change. If we revert to Brighton and West Ham then who cares what the incidents were? If it’s going to bring more unity, harder work, greater confidence and performances in keeping with a proper United team then whatever allowed us to turn the corner will have been worth it.
Just looking at the goals again. The first is very simple. We have 5 players in the box at all phases of the move. We are causing mistakes and problems with numbers and comitting plauers forward. Shit like that isn't complicated. We've usually got one or two and teams are comfortable.

You watch City and Liverpool and they have four or five forward on every move. They attack with numbers and purpose.

We caused so many problems second half. We showed we have the players to score if they're given license to do so. Play like that each week and we will most teams most of the time. Sure, we'll concede, but we do that anyway.

And goals breed confidence. They were full of it at 1-1.

But we need to do it at 0-0. We need to keep doing it when we're ahead.

As you say, it needs to be catalyst, because right now, we play well in little ten to fifteen minutes bursts that are dictated by context.

Unread 20-10-2018, 03:07 PM
TheFatGoth

State of the Sky reporter badgering Sarri for an apology

Unread 20-10-2018, 03:35 PM
djsst

Unread 20-10-2018, 03:35 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
looks like that's the end of the viva ken barlow chant

Unread 20-10-2018, 03:46 PM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic

Unread 20-10-2018, 03:47 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic

Unread 20-10-2018, 04:25 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
https://twitter.com/FootbalIStuff/st...43414439452674

"£#%&! Off Mourinho"

£#%&!ing tinpot @#%&!s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Rojo fat bastard
Big Marcus has eyes on the boss.

You gonna take that, jefe??

Unread 20-10-2018, 04:34 PM
armchair

Unread 20-10-2018, 04:42 PM
Tiberian

Good performance, very encouraging. I don't like Mou, don't really want him here but if he is prepared to change and play a more progressive style of play then he can change minds. The Utd squad has weaknesses but also plenty of talent, all the negativity from the top has not helped.

Unread 20-10-2018, 04:45 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Good performance, very encouraging. I don't like Mou, don't really want him here but if he is prepared to change and play a more progressive style of play then he can change minds. The Utd squad has weaknesses but also plenty of talent, all the negativity from the top has not helped.
yeah i agree with that. chelsea looked good when we stood off them but when we started going after them we were the far better side.

i think pogba being to blame for the goal made him try make amends second half and he looked world class. i've never see martial work so hard either.

Unread 20-10-2018, 05:14 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
yeah i agree with that. chelsea looked good when we stood off them but when we started going after them we were the far better side.

i think pogba being to blame for the goal made him try make amends second half and he looked world class. i've never see martial work so hard either.
Chelsea are still a team in transition. The media, loving a new narrative, have built them up to a level beyond what they are. I liked the team selection today but we didn't really follow through first half in terms of looking to impose a game plan on them, it was too reactionary.

Been a pattern of Mourinho's time here that Utd look so much better, more fluent when they have to chase a game. Numerous comebacks, they lose the doubt and confusion, are forced to attack the game and look a team. Harnessing that from the off, imbuing the team with that confidence and certainty has been the challenge.

City are going to stroll this league, maybe Liverpool get second but even with the poor start Utd should still be capable of challenging for 3rd. Change of mentality, stop the whinging, embrace the challenge.

Unread 20-10-2018, 07:31 PM
puressence

Is sparky alive

Unread 20-10-2018, 07:58 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Is sparky alive
out celebrating a Chelsea draw...... A good home point for his cockney cousins.......

Unread 20-10-2018, 08:00 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
out celebrating a Chelsea draw...... A good home point for his cockney cousins.......

He absolutely hates them pal, that's why I just hope he didn't have an aneurysm after their late late equaliser

Unread 20-10-2018, 08:19 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsst
The funny thing is, no matter how many times the Chelsea manager says they were in the wrong (and they were) certain sections of the media will make it about Jose. I can't quite believe the Sky 'top 10' stories at the minute. One of them is looking at Jose's touchline behaviour. Seriously? I'm no fan of the latter but he did £#%&! all wrong today, and those shit @#%&! fans of theirs deserved those three fingers at the end too.

As for the match, much better second half and I felt (a little) sorry for the back four when they equalised because second half all of them put a shift in and were decent. Ed can get to £#%&! though re all that Summer CB bullshit because it's clear as £#%&!ing day United are screaming out for some sort of leader in the middle. Each one of the current CBs need one alongside 'him' and until that's addressed I can't see us not needing to score 3 to win a game!!

Jorginho - classy player, could have done with him when Carrick retired.

Unread 20-10-2018, 08:24 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
The funny thing is, no matter how many times the Chelsea manager says they were in the wrong (and they were) certain sections of the media will make it about Jose. I can't quite believe the Sky 'top 10' stories at the minute. One of them is looking at Jose's touchline behaviour. Seriously? I'm no fan of the latter but he did £#%&! all wrong today, and those shit @#%&! fans of theirs deserved those three fingers at the end too.
This.

Imagine booing the manager who won you three titles and put you onto the global stage?

Graceless cockney #@&%!s

Unread 20-10-2018, 08:39 PM
Sparky***

Didn't actually watch it, was flying home. Even though we're launching Teslas at the moon and apparently we're going to be at the mercy of self driving cars or whatever in a few years, we still haven't managed to get wifi on a £#%&!ing airplane as we get towards 2020

Anyway, sounds like I missed a classic United 2018/19 season performance. Abject shite, sprinkled with a slight bit of hope, until an unsightly kick in the %@#$&!s right at the death? Sound about right?

I must be honest, I'm shocked to the core we didn't get beat.

But jesus christ how the £#%&! have we managed to concede 16 £#%&!ing goals in the opening 9 games ffs We've let in more goals than Newcastle who are bottom of the league, that's just crazy. If we carry on like this we're going to end up shipping about 60 odd goals this season wtf is going on?

Unread 20-10-2018, 09:22 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Didn't actually watch it, was flying home. Even though we're launching Teslas at the moon and apparently we're going to be at the mercy of self driving cars or whatever in a few years, we still haven't managed to get wifi on a £#%&!ing airplane as we get towards 2020

Anyway, sounds like I missed a classic United 2018/19 season performance. Abject shite, sprinkled with a slight bit of hope, until an unsightly kick in the %@#$&!s right at the death? Sound about right?

I must be honest, I'm shocked to the core we didn't get beat.

But jesus christ how the £#%&! have we managed to concede 16 £#%&!ing goals in the opening 9 games ffs We've let in more goals than Newcastle who are bottom of the league, that's just crazy. If we carry on like this we're going to end up shipping about 60 odd goals this season wtf is going on?
We're punished more.

We've conceded a lot of chances in recent seasons where the goals against column has been moderate, via a combo of generosity from the opposition and David De Gea.

Not so this season. We are being punished during our poor spells.

We were better today, Sparks.... but it was reactionary again. We need to do it from the start. It's clear as day that these players, although flawed, Are capable of more when given the license to play. And when that happens,, we build confidence and it snowballs....

.... but we can't keep going 2-0 to shit teams, 1-0 in big games and expect to win them. We can curse our luck today, but we could just have easily lost 3-2 to Newcastle last week had Diame scored a free header from 8 yards.

We're playing on the edge when we don't need to.

Let them off the leash ffs. We'll beat most of the teams most of the time.

Unread 20-10-2018, 09:23 PM
Bunker Buster

Check out @mufcaways_’s Tweet:

Unread 20-10-2018, 09:23 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
We're punished more.

We've conceded a lot of chances in recent seasons where the goals against column has been moderate, via a combo of generosity from the opposition and David De Gea.

Not so this season. We are being punished during our poor spells.

We were better today, Sparks.... but it was reactionary again. We need to do it from the start. It's clear as day that these players, although flawed, Are capable of more when given the license to play. And when that happens,, we build confidence and it snowballs....

.... but we can't keep going 2-0 to shit teams, 1-0 in big games and expect to win them. We can curse our luck today, but we could just have easily lost 3-2 to Newcastle last week had Diame scored a free header from 8 yards.

We're playing on the edge when we don't need to.

Let them off the leash ffs. We'll beat most of the teams most of the time.
We're conceding 2 goals a game at the moment. You quite simply can't do that and expect to get anywhere. It needs addressing..and quickly.