United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-06-2016, 11:03 PM
Kangared

Default Fits the Mou mould

Its clear Mourinho has been planning for some time, he has said previously you need at least 5 tall players or you will struggle at set pieces & his 1st 2 bits of business seem to fit the bill. I really hope this isn't the end for Blind who has been one of the few successes in the last 2 seasons. he has done a good job wherever he has been selected & I really think he could form an excellent DM pairing with Schneiderlin. he has great awareness, can put a tackle in & is a good footballer . For me I would be happy if we got one more player, a quality right sided attacking player & I think that will be enough to certainly get back in the top 4, if not mount a serious challenge

Unread 04-06-2016, 11:05 PM
Ashley's Grime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...rom-villarreal

Sky sports on it now.

More of their 'sources'.

Woody or Twitter, we reckon?
Andy Burton's constant ass kissing of Mourinho's paying off. Just realised It's him that's done the above story.

Unread 04-06-2016, 11:10 PM
Poli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
Its clear Mourinho has been planning for some time, he has said previously you need at least 5 tall players or you will struggle at set pieces & his 1st 2 bits of business seem to fit the bill. I really hope this isn't the end for Blind who has been one of the few successes in the last 2 seasons. he has done a good job wherever he has been selected & I really think he could form an excellent DM pairing with Schneiderlin. he has great awareness, can put a tackle in & is a good footballer . For me I would be happy if we got one more player, a quality right sided attacking player & I think that will be enough to certainly get back in the top 4, if not mount a serious challenge
I'd like to see Fosuh-Mensah given the opportunity in DM, could become an Essien-esque player for Mourinho. Would happily see him play alongside either Blind or Schneiderlin.

Unread 04-06-2016, 11:11 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli
I'd like to see Fosuh-Mensah given the opportunity in DM, could become an Essien-esque player for Mourinho. Would happily see him play alongside either Blind or Schneiderlin.
Pogba and Big Tim in midfield

Unread 04-06-2016, 11:16 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
Yeah I think blind is probably better defensively than carrick but with maybe a less wide range of passes. The issue is his complete lack of pace.

Unread 04-06-2016, 11:17 PM
Arnold Muhren

[ashton red]proper black[/ashton red] defender. vvg2c.

Unread 04-06-2016, 11:29 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli
Agreed, he does look like a real talent . I hope Mourinho gives him game time next season . Those 3 can adequately cover DM . Schneiderlin , along with Memphis, was a huge disappointment last season & both seem to get worse as the season went on. I had such high hopes for both & hopefully Mou can get them back in the groove

Unread 04-06-2016, 11:30 PM
rogieop

You cant win leagues with midfield pairings of blind and schniederlinn.

Unread 04-06-2016, 11:44 PM
Poli

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Pogba and Big Tim in midfield
Would obviously be the ideal scenario.

Unread 04-06-2016, 11:50 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogieop
Precisely. Any talk of Blind as a centre mid next season is right in line with expectations being lowered. I think we can do a LOT better than that and we will.

Unread 04-06-2016, 11:50 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogieop

But Danny Drinkwater is OK?....

Unread 04-06-2016, 11:51 PM
BarryX

When did he arrive

Unread 05-06-2016, 04:09 AM
Luffy

Lot of Spanish supporters raging this guy, saying pep wanted him for Bayern and barca wanted him too and Real fans really glad he isn't going to barca.

Sounds positive. Weird of Jose to go off stones when he wanted him so bad last season.

Unread 05-06-2016, 04:27 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
Lot of Spanish supporters raging this guy, saying pep wanted him for Bayern and barca wanted him too and Real fans really glad he isn't going to barca.

Sounds positive. Weird of Jose to go off stones when he wanted him so bad last season.
Who said he has? The same sources that have linked us to 978 players since April?

Unread 05-06-2016, 06:58 AM
Dasilvatwins

Why do i feel like woody will #@&%! this up? Seems the deal is far from done and as sky said theyre are a few clubs after him. United have gone public which may cause other clubs to sign rather than play the waiting game . Scarfshot please

Unread 05-06-2016, 08:05 AM
bobbledinho

Thought it was mandatory to have a release clause in Spain...?

Unread 05-06-2016, 09:18 AM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Wow.

Really thought he would miss that when he hesitated.

Unread 05-06-2016, 09:18 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Still a better recovery than smalling

Unread 05-06-2016, 09:47 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Go watch Rio v Anelka from the Shaun Goater game. Every great Defender has them
Closed Thread