United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-11-2012, 07:18 PM
carlosartorial

Thumbs down Talking to people about football

I generally try to avoid this but sometimes accidentally get sucked in. Does anyone else struggle with the fact other people are so stupid?

Conversation went a little like this...

Div 1: Mourinho would never go to United.

Me: Why not?

Div 1: He's gone on record saying he'd never manage another English club and his heart is with Chelsea.

Me: I don't think he has, I thought he'd actually gone on record saying he sees his eventual 'home' back in England...and given the circumstances regarding his departure from Chelsea, it's unlikely he'll ever go back there...so United would seem a very likely destination.

Div 1: (confused) No, he's said he'll never go to another English club.

Me: Oh. Okay.

Div 2: Cantona is supposed to be Uniteds next manager.

Me: Yes, but he won't be though, will he?

Div 2: Why?

Me: Well it's a nice story but it will never happen. He wouldn't be offered the job.

Div 2: How do you know?

Me: He just won't be.

Div 1: Muamba wants to be a manager....

Me: Ha. Who is going to give a 25 year old, untested black guy a shot at management?

Div 2: (without irony) That's racist!

Me: No it isn't, it's just a statement of fact. Who would give Muamba a managers job?

Div 1: Someone might....

I swear to God, I know some imbeciles, me.

Does anyone else know people like this and have to avoid football conversations?

Unread 23-11-2012, 07:26 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
I generally try to avoid this but sometimes accidentally get sucked in. Does anyone else struggle with the fact other people are so stupid?

Div 1: He's gone on record saying he'd never manage another English club and his heart is with Chelsea.

Me: I don't think he has, I thought he'd actually gone on record saying he sees his eventual 'home' back in England...and given the circumstances regarding his departure from Chelsea, it's unlikely he'll ever go back there...so United would seem a very likely destination.

Me: Well it's a nice story but it will never happen. He wouldn't be offered the job.

Me: Ha. Who is going to give a 25 year old, untested black guy a shot at management?

Me: No it isn't, it's just a statement of fact. Who would give Muamba a managers job?

Does anyone else know people like this and have to avoid football conversations?
I just find out their views of Carrick, Gareth Bale or Andrew Cole then take it from there.

Unread 23-11-2012, 07:32 PM
bobcraven

Very rare you can have a decent conversation about football with a fan of an
opposing team about Utd. Most of them can't see the wood for the trees . Life's
too short.

Unread 23-11-2012, 07:33 PM
Knockers

Quote:

Bird from my work who thinks she's Paraffin Pete cos her husband brings her to OT twice a season ALWAYS tries to engage me in footy debate. It makes me ill so I just mmm mmm everything she says. Wild horses couldn't drag me to talk to the braindead city fan who put blue tinsel round the edges of his PC after they won the league.

Unread 23-11-2012, 07:35 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcraven
Very rare you can have a decent conversation about football with a fan of an
opposing team about Utd. Most of them can't see the wood for the trees . Life's
too short.
Know a few decent blues. Most United fans are clueless @#%&!s who form their opinions according to what the papers and sky.

Unread 23-11-2012, 07:37 PM
Zorg

I find it's extremely rare to meet anyone who has their own opinions when it comes to football. They just seem to repeat everything they hear as if it's fact, especially when it comes to United. All the refs are on their side, they're all divers, none of the fans are from Manchester, Fergie Time, blah blah blah blaaaahahhahahahhgggghhhgh.

Unread 23-11-2012, 07:37 PM
Drexl

Quote:
I would have thanked him (her?) for this comment and shook their hand and never spoke to them about anything ever again. "Supposed." Jesus.

Unread 23-11-2012, 07:42 PM
Withers

Quote:

Always said you would regret letting ssg2 come on a Curry night.

Unread 23-11-2012, 07:52 PM
Arnold Muhren

I work with a proper Glazer stooge season ticket holding @#%&!. He should have 'as long as we're winning I dont care who owns us' put on his grave, he says it every day the @#%&!. And if he ever disagrees with anyone about anything United he starts it off with 'Well, as I actually go to the game I think...' £#%&!ing total @#%&! rag. Oh and hes a scab, no surprise. A few of the reds (and even a few blues are ok) but theres the usual selection of office @#%&!s when it comes to football;

1. Gobshite blue who you didn't even know was one until the Arab's turned up

2. £#%&!ing women who know £#%&! all about the game but give it large whenever United lose on terrestial tv because they might have actually seen 5 minutes by accident because Corrie wasnt on.

3. @#%&! security guard who gives it the whole 'I was proper in with the Red Army lot in the 70's and 80's. We went everywhere and smashed up everyone'. Yet when I mention O'Neill he says 'who?'

Unread 23-11-2012, 08:07 PM
dunk

Not something I ever do tbh...

Unread 23-11-2012, 08:12 PM
PaulParkers

Sounds like you 'got done' by Div 1 tbh carlo

Unread 23-11-2012, 08:22 PM
Switching Off

I dont know why people still bother talking to people full stop.

"Morning"

"Oh £#%&! off already."

Unread 23-11-2012, 08:25 PM
borsuk

they're divs ffs, what did you expect?

Unread 23-11-2012, 08:26 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:

I love recaps of fascinating football conversations like this.

Me:
Him:

I get really into it, imagine what the atmosphere was like. If I can't put a face on a party I replace it with famous actors...

Penn: how was it offside?
Hanks: it just £#%&!ing was

Unread 23-11-2012, 08:30 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

I find the Oirish the worst, complete experts on everything football and united despite never having seen any football barring the odd trip to OT (which they played a big hand in £#%&!ing up as the original day tripping £#%&!wits)

They tend to have encyclopaedic knowledge of Fhacts and figures. player stats and such like learned by rote and gleaned from reading every tabloid every day and are the ultimate Sky boys. Their hearts are in the right place, but £#%&! me they take some listening to.

On the whole, I don't really like talking to anyone who hasn't either played or watched football (not on TV) and point blank refuse to discuss the game with women.

Unread 23-11-2012, 08:35 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
On the whole, I don't really like talking to anyone who hasn't either played or watched football (not on TV) and point blank refuse to discuss the game with women.
Women when the world cup is on. 'Gerrard and Lampard just can't play together'. Thanks for that, Arrigo Saachi.

Unread 23-11-2012, 08:36 PM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
they're divs ffs, what did you expect?

Man city fans in Madrid - YouTube
Bit more synchronisation and that would be pretty good en masse tbf. Catchy.

Unread 23-11-2012, 08:37 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
Bit more synchronisation and that would be pretty good en masse tbf. Catchy.
it really wouldn't

Unread 23-11-2012, 08:44 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
I find the Oirish the worst, complete experts on everything football and united despite never having seen any football barring the odd trip to OT (which they played a big hand in £#%&!ing up as the original day tripping £#%&!wits)
what an absolute load of shit.

Unread 23-11-2012, 08:47 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
what an absolute load of shit.
A #@&%!erney writes........

Like how the £#%&! would you know?
Closed Thread