United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-06-2018, 09:07 PM
Switching Off

That wasnt good for the goal difference, if it comes down to it. Dybala, Higuain, Aguero, Messi, di Maria all to start last game

Unread 21-06-2018, 09:08 PM
Zorg

Thumbs up

Absolutely lovely seeing them get stuffed.

Unread 21-06-2018, 09:12 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
OK maybe should have added a "probably"

Iceland only really need 3 points from 2 games
They’ll feel a bit of pressure now, something they aren’t used to.

They could easily win tomorrow tbf. Just don’t think it’s nailed on.

Just prolonging the agony for Argentina though. They’ll get shredded in the knockouts.

Unread 21-06-2018, 09:13 PM
Buck

This team is tragic. There is nobody in that defence and central midfield who is comfortable with the ball.

Unread 21-06-2018, 09:15 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
That wasnt good for the goal difference, if it comes down to it. Dybala, Higuain, Aguero, Messi, di Maria all to start last game
Goal difference could be the decider, was bizarre to see them not even trying after going 2 down.

And I’m definitely not saying that just because I had a lot of money riding on BTTS

Unread 21-06-2018, 09:18 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Goal difference could be the decider, was bizarre to see them not even trying after going 2 down.

And I’m definitely not saying that just because I had a lot of money riding on BTTS
ffs

My World Cup betting has been dreadful in general tbh.

Unread 21-06-2018, 09:18 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Doubt Argentina beat Nigeria, even if tomorrow falls their way.

Unread 21-06-2018, 09:24 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
ffs

My World Cup betting has been dreadful in general tbh.
Was having a belter up until the Uruguay game yesterday. Nightmare since. I don’t think I’ve ever actually won a -1 handicap bet in my life, so not entirely sure why I decided this was a strategy to go big on. Was absolutely delighted to see Uruguay, Spain and France dribble out 1-0 wins though. Ffs.

Unread 21-06-2018, 09:26 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
This team is tragic. There is nobody in that defence and central midfield who is comfortable with the ball.
United’s season is over pal

Unread 21-06-2018, 09:31 PM
TheKitchenSink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Doubt Argentina beat Nigeria, even if tomorrow falls their way.
Agreed, don't think anybody should assume Argentina beating Nigeria is nailed on. They look broken. Even if they do somehow limp into the knockout stages whoever they face will make quick work of them imo.

Unread 21-06-2018, 09:33 PM
General Woundwort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Think modric is the best cm in the world at the moment
Remember we were linked pre-Madrid and after his first season there. Half the forum didn't want him because he looks like a lesbian

I imagine members of that camp are feeling pretty stupid now

Unread 21-06-2018, 09:40 PM
sa7

Personal commentary highlights for me from Mark “Lawro” Lawrenson:

1. Introducing me to the word “problematical” when problematic would have sufficed.

2. Not knowing who Boudicca was.

Professional.

Unread 21-06-2018, 09:46 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Was having a belter up until the Uruguay game yesterday. Nightmare since. I don’t think I’ve ever actually won a -1 handicap bet in my life, so not entirely sure why I decided this was a strategy to go big on. Was absolutely delighted to see Uruguay, Spain and France dribble out 1-0 wins though. Ffs.

Most games are tight, even the ones not expected to be.

I usually do quite well but having a shocker at the World Cup. Not used to such little choice of games I think so try to be too clever. Should get the World Cup betting thread going for some help

Unread 21-06-2018, 09:47 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Woundwort
Remember we were linked pre-Madrid and after his first season there. Half the forum didn't want him because he looks like a lesbian

scar would have loved to have him the trans lover

Unread 21-06-2018, 09:48 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Can confirm that some people who weren’t that arsed about him back in his spurs days feel very stupid now tbf. Very £#%&!ing stupid.

Unread 21-06-2018, 09:52 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
2. Not knowing who Boudicca was.
"We're calling Bodecea Boudicca now? The world's gone mad".

Unread 21-06-2018, 09:52 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:

Jem is as spot on here as he is on Brexit

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...2&postcount=92

Partohs showing why he is one of the finest minds in the Southern Hemisphere

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...77&postcount=1

Actually loads of Parters posts from 7-8 years back raving about Modders. Same goes for Ginners (RIP).

Armchair called it

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...9&postcount=27

Whatever happened to safingtons? This lad knew his onions

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=194

Unread 21-06-2018, 09:54 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Most games are tight, even the ones not expected to be.

I usually do quite well but having a shocker at the World Cup. Not used to such little choice of games I think so try to be too clever. Should get the World Cup betting thread going for some help
Yep, very tight, then after Tuesday’s games when there was at least 3 goals in each game I thought the 2nd round would be where it really opens up.

Was wrong apparently.

Still got a couple of top scorer bets looking good though. Higuain at 40/1 looking especially shrewd

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Jem is as spot on here as he is on Brexit

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...2&postcount=92

Partohs showing why he is one of the finest minds in the Southern Hemisphere

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...77&postcount=1

Actually loads of Parters posts from 7-8 years back raving about Modders. Same goes for Ginners (RIP).

Armchair called it

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...9&postcount=27

Whatever happened to safingtons? This lad knew his onions

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=194
A sprinter with a decent set piece

Heard it all.

Unread 21-06-2018, 09:57 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:

Heard it all.

He's got a long back but he sure can pass a ball.

Unread 21-06-2018, 09:57 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Yep, very tight, then after Tuesday’s games when there was at least 3 goals in each game I thought the 2nd round would be where it really opens up.

Was wrong apparently.

Still got a couple of top scorer bets looking good though. Higuain at 40/1 looking especially shrewd

Heard it all.

Ronaldo 16/1 may haunt me forever.
Closed Thread