United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-05-2007, 12:35 AM
legendary saf

Default Kenny Miller

I like him and think he'd do well for us.

Quick, intelligent, scores all sorts of goals.

If we could sell Smith, we should have a look.

Unread 25-05-2007, 12:38 AM
Tropical

Default Didn't he

make all those coffee-table-jazz records in the late 50s?

Dave Brubeck And The Kenny Miller Saxmen... In Session.

Niiice.

Unread 25-05-2007, 08:00 AM
Paul Mcgrath

Names we're being associated with:

Berbatov
Torres
Owen

........Kenny Miller? £#%&! off.

Unread 25-05-2007, 08:13 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Yeah right, we might as well sign Owen Hargreaves as well. Shit I lapsed in to 2005 mode for a second there, sign owen Hargreaves he's WORLD CLASS!!!!

Unread 25-05-2007, 08:16 AM
Paul Mcgrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Yeah right, we might as well sign Owen Hargreaves as well. Shit I lapsed in to 2005 mode for a second there, sign owen Hargreaves he's WORLD CLASS!!!!
Owen Hargreaves is world class. He's just not a 'hollywood' type player, with flashy tricks and long range shots. People who actually observe the game and watch each player realise that Hargreaves is £#%&!ing good at what he does.

Unread 25-05-2007, 09:48 AM
Mark18**

Kenny miller are you drunk mate?

He stuggle's to get a game for celtic.
He's piss, He can score goals often.

Simply thing he is not United class no where near it.

We should be bringing in top class players not some spl diddy.

torres
hunterlaar
kaka
eto

Theses kind of players would fit in at United and do great in my view.

Unread 25-05-2007, 09:55 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
I like him and think he'd do well for us.

Quick, intelligent, scores all sorts of goals.

If we could sell Smith, we should have a look.
Arf

Unread 25-05-2007, 09:57 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

That's a stupid thing to suggest and you're a stupid person for suggesting it.

Unread 25-05-2007, 09:59 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
You're gonna have to get over this,he could be a United player by the end of the day.

Unread 25-05-2007, 10:02 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
You're gonna have to get over this,he could be a United player by the end of the day.
Fletcher is a united player and we have all had a pop at how gash he is at one point or another.

Unread 25-05-2007, 10:04 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Fletcher is a united player and we have all had a pop at how gash he is at one point or another.
Yes, when he plays badly. Are you gonna indulge in a violateresque campaign of hatred all summer before he even plays? I sincerely hope not.

Unread 25-05-2007, 10:10 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Yes, when he plays badly. Are you gonna indulge in a violateresque campaign of hatred all summer before he even plays? I sincerely hope not.
There is no hatred, I am trying to highlight the fickle nature of football opinion in this country. He was rated as a squad player at best a coupl eof years ago and now seems to be viewed as some midfield messiah. Even you posted "God I hope not" when someone mentioned we might sign him a couple fo years ago on the old red ish (not that I was obsessed enough to search or anything) what changed your mind that he was suddenly worth best part of 20 million quid?

I think he is a decent quality footballer but if you are going to spend that much I thing you should be asking for more. Carrick was a decent player at Tottenham and has come on at United and we always have to pay a bit over the odds but the 14 million up front was not too big a waste of cash, by the same yardstick a player in the same position with no flair, little vision and whose main strength is to be able to just keep running should command no more than 10 million even for United. There are better players out there for less money.

Unread 25-05-2007, 10:23 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
There is no hatred, I am trying to highlight the fickle nature of football opinion in this country. He was rated as a squad player at best a coupl eof years ago and now seems to be viewed as some midfield messiah. Even you posted "God I hope not" when someone mentioned we might sign him a couple fo years ago on the old red ish (not that I was obsessed enough to search or anything) what changed your mind that he was suddenly worth best part of 20 million quid?

I think he is a decent quality footballer but if you are going to spend that much I thing you should be asking for more. Carrick was a decent player at Tottenham and has come on at United and we always have to pay a bit over the odds but the 14 million up front was not too big a waste of cash, by the same yardstick a player in the same position with no flair, little vision and whose main strength is to be able to just keep running should command no more than 10 million even for United. There are better players out there for less money.
You keep saying there are better players out there for less money but you never EVER come up with anything approaching a sensible suggestion. I also wonder why Fergie, having waited a year to sign Hargreaves hasn't found these players, or for that matter why for example Hitzfeld didsn't sign them and get rid of Hargreaves. As to what changed my mind, watching him play.

Unread 25-05-2007, 10:24 AM
antonin jablonsky

Oh, by the way, Kenny Miller, I don't think so :-

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/fo/pro...000010611.html

Unread 25-05-2007, 10:27 AM
Jack Duckworth

SJH is available on a free. he's a few pounds lighter too now he's packed in that hair restoration %@#$&!s.

Unread 25-05-2007, 10:34 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
SJH is available on a free. he's a few pounds lighter too now he's packed in that hair restoration %@#$&!s.
Don't even joke about the Jewkicker.

Unread 25-05-2007, 10:35 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Don't even joke about the Jewkicker.
we've all been there...

Unread 13-12-2007, 03:17 PM
Rhodzy

Still want him?

Unread 13-12-2007, 03:19 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop