United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-06-2017, 11:24 AM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I'm not sure what's so unusual about people critiquing our potential signings Happens with every signing, nobody is completely happy with every potential signing.

What is odd is the sudden and staunch defence of all potential signings and all things Mourinho, and the drastic elevation of said potential signings by a few members of the forum, who would previously have been every bit as critical of the same players..
They've backed themselves into this corner of support. Remember, saffers was very defensive of moyes too. And hated lvg. That's why you can't be mad at him, he's clearly a wum. A good one though.

Unread 28-06-2017, 11:35 AM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
I'm not sure what's so unusual about people critiquing our potential signings Happens with every signing, nobody is completely happy with every potential signing.

What is odd is the sudden and staunch defence of all potential signings and all things Mourinho, and the drastic elevation of said potential signings by a few members of the forum, who would previously have been every bit as critical of the same players..
Reminiscent of RAWK and Benitez

Unread 28-06-2017, 11:41 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex
They've backed themselves into this corner of support. Remember, saffers was very defensive of moyes too. And hated lvg. That's why you can't be mad at him, he's clearly a wum. A good one though.
Obviously we have the standard summer tetchyness, amplified by no tournament football, but it's all normally in good fun, there seems to be genuine vitriol in the air atm

Unread 28-06-2017, 11:49 AM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Obviously we have the standard summer tetchyness, amplified by no tournament football, but it's all normally in good fun, there seems to be genuine vitriol in the air atm
gets tetchy when things are not going well at the club imo.

people are just stressed out, we're half way through the summer and all we have is rumours of a 29 year old ok winger from inter and another 29 utility man that isn't good enough for chelsea.

People say 'its only june' but july is a notoriously slow month for transfers. It's usually early or late summer.
Imagine our plan b if perisic and matic are plan a?

Unread 28-06-2017, 11:55 AM
dunk

Quote:
gets tetchy when things are not going well at the club imo.

people are just stressed out, we're half way through the summer and all we have is rumours of a 29 year old ok winger from inter and another 29 utility man that isn't good enough for chelsea.

People say 'its only june' but july is a notoriously slow month for transfers. It's usually early or late summer.
Imagine our plan b if perisic and matic are plan a?
I'm not too worried, obviously not totally enamoured by some of the names linked, but patient and convinced the press has little idea of what is actually going on.

Unread 28-06-2017, 11:55 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

I'm not sure I'd go that far, but I suppose some people replying might be part of what you'd call the snowflake generation. Can't imagine why you'd get offended unless the insults get personal (poor browser)

For my part, I just find it utterly tedious that every single thread about every single player we're linked with ends up with the usual 2 or 3 suspects (you're not included in that) using it as a stick to beat Mourinho. It's boring, doesn't really encourage decent debate, and however it gets dressed up as 'analysis' or critique by wannabe zonal marking bloggers, it's barely a level above Gavs Roy Keane infatuation/wummage.

My multi quote was meant to - humorously I might add - point at that it literally is the same people making the same point over and over.

Quote:
I'm not too worried, obviously not totally enamoured by some of the names linked, but patient and convinced the press has little idea of what is actually going on.
exactly... there is no need to be upset. I'll get upset if it gets to the last day of the window and we've not signed anyone else

Unread 28-06-2017, 12:02 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
I'm not sure I'd go that far, but I suppose some people replying might be part of what you'd call the snowflake generation. Can't imagine why you'd get offended unless the insults get personal (poor browser)

For my part, I just find it utterly tedious that every single thread about every single player we're linked with ends up with the usual 2 or 3 suspects (you're not included in that) using it as a stick to beat Mourinho. It's boring, doesn't really encourage decent debate, and however it gets dressed up as 'analysis' or critique by wannabe zonal marking bloggers, it's barely a level above Gavs Roy Keane infatuation/wummage.

My multi quote was meant to - humorously I might add - point at that it literally is the same people making the same point over and over.

exactly... there is no need to be upset. I'll get upset if it gets to the last day of the window and we've not signed anyone else
If we're signing Matic at 11.58pm on the 31st August to join Lindelof as our brace of signings, the seethe will be absolutely £#%&!ing epic

It won't be though, I'm half expecting and excited by the arrival of Morata and Fabinho, if Matic arrives to supplement, fine. I don't even mind Perisic that much, but he tends to play on the left IIRC, which is the one place we do have options, would like someone exciting to play off the right who can be direct and a threat, not just a work horse

Unread 28-06-2017, 12:04 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
If we're signing Matic at 11.58pm on the 31st August to join Lindelof as our brace of signings, the seethe will be absolutely £#%&!ing epic

It won't be though, I'm half expecting and excited by the arrival of Morata and Fabinho, if Matic arrives to supplement, fine. I don't even mind Perisic that much, but he tends to play on the left IIRC, which is the one place we do have options, would like someone exciting to play off the right who can be direct and a threat, not just a work horse
I'm all aboard the crumps train with Perisic now, watch some more videos and I think he'd be great... although at the potential cost of alienating Martial even further, who had a shitty season but obviously has bags of talent.

This Morata thing is irritating as £#%&!, but entirely predictable given who we're dealing with they know we're loaded due to Woody trying to throw money left right and centre the last few summers. Absolute dick the head.

Unread 28-06-2017, 12:10 PM
BarryX

Quote:
I'm all aboard the crumps train with Perisic now, watch some more videos and I think he'd be great... although at the potential cost of alienating Martial even further, who had a shitty season but obviously has bags of talent.

This Morata thing is irritating as £#%&!, but entirely predictable given who we're dealing with they know we're loaded due to Woody trying to throw money left right and centre the last few summers. Absolute dick the head.
To be fair, the world and their dog knows we're loaded due to all the commercial stuff we do (which can't be kept a secret). It's a curse, in a way - as soon as we go sniffing for a player the selling club know we have a huge pot to play with. I'm not his greatest fan, but it's hardly Woodward's fault.

Unread 28-06-2017, 12:12 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
To be fair, the world and their dog knows we're loaded due to all the commercial stuff we do (which can't be kept a secret). It's a curse, in a way - as soon as we go sniffing for a player the selling club know we have a huge pot to play with. I'm not his greatest fan, but it's hardly Woodward's fault.
Easy target though...

state ffs.

Unread 28-06-2017, 12:19 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Easy target though...

state ffs.

He's nothing but the Glazer's puppet though. Kind of reminds me of Goldbridge in this picture.

*Avi G's is quite possibly the worst beard I've ever seen.

Unread 28-06-2017, 12:40 PM
CyrilSkeer

Quote:

He's nothing but the Glazer's puppet though. Kind of reminds me of Goldbridge in this picture.

Looks like one of the inbred freaks from the forest in that film "Wrong Turn".

Unread 28-06-2017, 12:57 PM
saffers

Quote:
there seems to be genuine vitriol in the air atm
Mainly from the radicals side. Never seen fuzzy, parters and yourself as furious as you've been in recent weeks.

At least my brother siders has kept his calm and dignity. Can see him and tibs breaking off from your group to form a more moderate and peaceful interpretation of anti-mourinhoism. Not good for them to be associated with the violence and abuse that has come from these battles.

Unread 28-06-2017, 12:58 PM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Mainly from the radicals side. Never seen fuzzy, parters and yourself as furious as you've been in recent weeks.

At least my brother siders has kept his calm and dignity. Can see him and tibs breaking off from your group to form a more moderate and peaceful interpretation of anti-mourinhoism. Not good for them to be associated with the violence and abuse that has come from these battles.
Don't make it boring saffers

Unread 28-06-2017, 01:15 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:

The shit that Woody has pulled off on their behalf, he's more of a messiah for them then a puppet. It must kill him to know these klutzes would never have been able to do what he's done for them and yet be just the paid help killa, feel for the guy

Unread 28-06-2017, 01:16 PM
armchair

Quote:
someone couldn't get the right colour monster energy drink this morning

Unread 28-06-2017, 01:17 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
New to Norwegians, pal...

Unread 28-06-2017, 01:19 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:

Young Dembele would be perfect on the right. Dembers, Alvaro, Fabberz and I'm over the bloody moon.

Unread 28-06-2017, 01:26 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Young Dembele would be perfect on the right. Dembers, Alvaro, Fabberz and I'm over the bloody moon.
Mate, Mbappers or Dembelers arrive and you are seeing a completely different attitude to next season from me tbph. I crave some form of excitement being added to the forward line.

Unread 28-06-2017, 01:32 PM
browser

Quote:
Mate, Mbappers or Dembelers arrive and you are seeing a completely different attitude to next season from me tbph. I crave some form of excitement being added to the forward line.
Yeah Rashford, Martial and Miki are a right bunch of cloggers Just admit that you want shiny new toys and you want them immediately.

Interesting that the anti-mou boys are all about balanced views today, even after deciding before the start of last season that they didn't like the manager.
Closed Thread