United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-06-2017, 02:55 PM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
No my first choice would have been Tony Kroos but he plays for the best team in the world.
Matic is a worthy alternative. Both in style and delivery.

Unread 26-06-2017, 02:55 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Last one then: Gemba
No. Completely cold now unfortunately.

Unread 26-06-2017, 02:56 PM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
So Matic would have been your first choice would he?
Would Carrick have been yours in 2006? Or would it have been some Brazilian kid you'd seen play half a game? Clueless

Unread 26-06-2017, 02:57 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
Would Carrick have been yours in 2006? Or would it have been some Brazilian kid you'd seen play half a game? Clueless

Unread 26-06-2017, 03:04 PM
silv

Quote:
his brother was called Carrick iirc.

Unread 26-06-2017, 03:09 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
How is it clueless to not want one of Chelsea's cast offs?

He's a decent player but if he is our only midfield signing then it's very underwhelming. You're the clueless one if you don't agree with that tbh...

So many defensive and touchy #@&%!heads on here these days

FWIW I always rated Carrick. Not sure what they proves. Bizarre post tbph...

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky

Unread 26-06-2017, 03:11 PM
Curtis

Matic on his game is an absolute monster in midfield. An unselfish war wagon that does exactly what you want from a holding midfielder, without the vanity of having to try Hollywood shit beyond his station. It takes some humility to play that role well without getting carried away. All he does is break up opposing play, intercept, tackle, read the game well and deliver simple passes to the better placed and more talented players around him. If you ask me, that's exactly what we need. A stable anchor in midfield. Caravan Fellaini is utterly incapable and Carrick's days are increasingly numbered. So why not?

Its clear he was pretty tarnished in Jose's last season at Chelsea but if he's got something to prove, there is still a beast of a midfielder there who can complement Herrera and Pogba perfectly. Sure I'd rather go with the 23 year old Brazilian for a similar price, hopefully we get him too. I'm just saying, a 28 year old Matic with a point to prove could be a fantastic addition.

Unread 26-06-2017, 03:13 PM
Part 36 Offer

Btw, he's 29 in 5 weeks. Some banging on like he's just turned 28

Unread 26-06-2017, 03:14 PM
Curtis

Alright, 29 then. You blinkered #@&%!.

Unread 26-06-2017, 03:16 PM
browser

Quote:

He's a decent player but if he is our only midfield signing then it's very underwhelming. You're the clueless one if you don't agree with that tbh...

Your question about whether Matic was first choice was the bizarre part. The Carrick point was merely used to highlight that. Nobody thought he was what we needed to partner Scholes. The manager knew though Maybe let this manager have a go eh? It's June ffs and words like disaster and disgrace are being bandied about

Unread 26-06-2017, 03:19 PM
hopkins

is this actually happening, or is it another hames jackson scoop?

Unread 26-06-2017, 03:21 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Btw, he's 29 in 5 weeks. Some banging on like he's just turned 28
He's in his 20s.....

utd99

Quote:

It doesn't really matter where someone comes from so much as whether they improve on what you already have though. Leeds wanted rid of Cantona who didn't make it through a trial with Sheffield Wednesday. Matic may not be Kroos, or even Carrick in his prime, but there's little doubt that, for the moment, he's an upgrade on what we have. There's also no guarantee that what Chelsea think is an upgrade is going to work out that way.

Harfynn Teuport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis
Matic on his game is an absolute monster in midfield. An unselfish war wagon that does exactly what you want from a holding midfielder, without the vanity of having to try Hollywood shit beyond his station. It takes some humility to play that role well without getting carried away. All he does is break up opposing play, intercept, tackle, read the game well and deliver simple passes to the better placed and more talented players around him. If you ask me, that's exactly what we need. A stable anchor in midfield. Caravan Fellaini is utterly incapable and Carrick's days are increasingly numbered. So why not?

Its clear he was pretty tarnished in Jose's last season at Chelsea but if he's got something to prove, there is still a beast of a midfielder there who can complement Herrera and Pogba perfectly. Sure I'd rather go with the 23 year old Brazilian for a similar price, hopefully we get him too. I'm just saying, a 28 year old Matic with a point to prove could be a fantastic addition.

20 times

Quote:
Browser

Unread 26-06-2017, 03:25 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis
Alright, 29 then. You blinkered #@&%!.
Woah, woah, woah, get back you bastard, I'll break your legs you £#%&!ing war wagon.

Quote:
Your question about whether Matic was first choice was the bizarre part. The Carrick point was merely used to highlight that. Nobody thought he was what we needed to partner Scholes. The manager knew though Maybe let this manager have a go eh? It's June ffs and words like disaster and disgrace are being bandied about
I think we need someone more mobile in there with some pace. Last season demonstrated how pedestrian and one paced we are as a team and Matic isn't the type of player that will fix that. I agree that he's an upgrade on Fellaini but we need someone like Fabinho in the team imo. Someone who can cover ground and add some more running power to the midfield. Matic is slower than both Pogba and Herrera as it is. I'm just underwhelmed, tbh. This signing lacks imagination to me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
He's in his 20s.....
Late 20s, aye...

Unread 26-06-2017, 03:40 PM
Billy Redface

£#%&!ing hell......brutal on here.... Late June ffs, it's sunny outside etc.....

We have a team crying out for a bit of pace and £#%&!ing oomph. Hardly surprising that most people are underwhelmed about Matic. Him being a decent player but not the most inspiring of signings isn't mutually exclusive.

He's an upgrade on what we have, but shit like Fellaini shouldn't be the benchmark. If it's him and and another, then ok, but if we miss out on the likes of Fabinho and spend a similar fee on a 28 year old Matic, then I think feeling a bit meh is pretty understandable

Calling out people for us not wanting to sign someone Chelsea don't particularly want

Unread 26-06-2017, 03:41 PM
dragflick

Wink

Quote:

Late 20s, aye...

Unread 26-06-2017, 03:44 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
£#%&!ing hell......brutal on here.... Late June ffs, it's sunny outside etc.....

We have a team crying out for a bit of pace and £#%&!ing oomph. Hardly surprising that most people are underwhelmed about Matic. Him being a decent player but not the most inspiring of signings isn't mutually exclusive.

He's an upgrade on what we have, but shit like Fellaini shouldn't be the benchmark. If it's him and and another, then ok, but if we miss out on the likes of Fabinho and spend a similar fee on a 28 year old Matic, then I think feeling a bit meh is pretty understandable

Calling out people for us not wanting to sign someone Chelsea don't particularly want
what exactly is the point of writing your opinion in this way?

why not just write your opinion

matic should have been brought in last summer if possible, and he will be a top signing for united if we can get him now.

Unread 26-06-2017, 03:47 PM
Sparky***

So is this happening or what because i honestly can't be arsed trawling through all this shit.
Closed Thread