United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-03-2008, 03:33 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
%@#$&!s.

i can honestly say out trophy chances will not be hindered if park doesnt play again this season.

same can go for another player but i dont want to hurt some peoples nerves.
walcott is starting for your lot.

Unread 01-03-2008, 03:33 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
There is. Anyway it's 14.30 you don't honestly think United haven't turned up at Fulham yet do you?
there is that danger...they did go down by public transport

Unread 01-03-2008, 03:34 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky6899
really, because Chris Kamara is at Craven Cottage on Soccer saturday and he's just confirmed the whole team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
mutv usually have the teams at about 2pm
[SIZE="5"]DENIAL

Unread 01-03-2008, 03:35 PM
Ether

£#%&!ing hell, some of you should get a grip. Yes it's a risk, but you need to take risks sometimes. Some of you live in a world where you seem to think you can field the same 11 players week after week and not see any decline in performance. We're still fighting for 3 trophies. Players have to be rested at some stage. With some of the fixtures we've got coming up, this is one of the few chances to do it. Not ideal, but it's not half as bad as some of you are making out.

The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorleyred
let's leave the doom til 4.50pm eh, see how it goes. I've seen worse teams than that win for us.

o shea is the only player there that i'm always unhappy with
Sir Chorley, at least somebody is talking sense.

The doomongering on here is unb£#%&!inelieveable.........

so sod you lot I'm off to the pub, so ner

dunk

Quote:
Forgive us oh wise one. Should that team be capable of beating Wham or Bolton?
Yes, and it was. At Bolton we were under-par as a whole and got the living shit kicked out of us with the full blessing of the referee, yet still should've come away with something.

At Westam we were 1-0 up, comfortable, won a penalty to go 2-0 ad were i control, then there was a mad 15-20 minutes. Shit happens, even wth your best players on the pitch.

Should we never allow any of the squad/fringe/back-up players a chance to prove their worth?

We would've won £#%&! all last year without the likes of the players that you now have the temerity to complain about.

Support the £#%&!ing team, don't £#%&!ing criticise before the even on the £#%&!ing pitch, ffs.

Unread 01-03-2008, 03:36 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Forgive us oh wise one. Should that team be capable of beating Wham or Bolton?
To be honest, I think we'd have too much for Wham.....although Sheasey might be a bit distracted..

Bunker Buster

Dong is doing Sit ups with a Med ball in the Centre Circle......MOTWYW

chorleyred

park had his best ever game imo at craven cottage a couple of seasons ago, he was fantastic that day

edit: best game for us that is

Unread 01-03-2008, 03:37 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
. Not ideal, but it's not half as bad as some of you are making out.
We'll only know that at 4.50pm mate.

Unread 01-03-2008, 03:38 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Yes, and it was. At Bolton we were under-par as a whole and got the living shit kicked out of us with the full blessing of the referee, yet still should've come away with something.

At Westam we were 1-0 up, comfortable, won a penalty to go 2-0 ad were i control, then there was a mad 15-20 minutes. Shit happens, even wth your best players on the pitch.

Should we never allow any of the squad/fringe/back-up players a chance to prove their worth?

We would've won £#%&! all last year without the likes of the players that you now have the temerity to complain about.

Support the £#%&!ing team, don't £#%&!ing criticise before the even on the £#%&!ing pitch, ffs.
Yes squad players should be used but dropping so many big names and playing two partnerships which haven't worked yet in the same team is making things difficult for yourself. So I'm sorry if I'm being overly critical, but that's just the way I feel. Hurmph.

denis lawless

Quote:
£#%&!ing hell, some of you should get a grip. Yes it's a risk, but you need to take risks sometimes. Some of you live in a world where you seem to think you can field the same 11 players week after week and not see any decline in performance. We're still fighting for 3 trophies. Players have to be rested at some stage. With some of the fixtures we've got coming up, this is one of the few chances to do it. Not ideal, but it's not half as bad as some of you are making out.
agree in what you say about bigger fish to fry n all that....but there are ways and means of doing it...

rest the players when youre 3-0 up at half time...

but as so often has happened in the past...and has been mentioned above, we're 1-0 down with 15 minutes to go and the "rested" players on the bench are thrown on to rescue a situation that shouldnt have arisen

its cost us dear in the past

Tronics

That team is horrendous.

Smacks of arrogance imo.

Our squad is ok but its not great.

Don't get it at all.

Lets just hope we get through this.

Unread 01-03-2008, 03:39 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
Whatever the reason is, barely ever playing 2 games in a row is hardly good for morale or form. I know if I was him i'd be very pissed off.

As if he needs a £#%&!ing rest! Like i said, he's barely played twice in a row in past few months!
Er, he's played in nearly every game over the last 2 months.

Unread 01-03-2008, 03:39 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
I agree up to a point, but Rooney doesn't need a rest.
He's missed a lot of football this season because of injury & illness, he's £#%&!ing chomping at the bit.
Carrick shouldn't be tired either. He's not been selected for England (Christ knows why) & hasn't started too many games for us.
He nearly turned the game when he came on against City & he was outstanding against Arsenal & Newcastle.
What more does he have to do to keep his shirt?

I want to defend the Premiership. I'd sooner 'gamble' on TUesday night to be honest....or next Saturday against Portsmouth in the Cup.

Unread 01-03-2008, 03:40 PM
S/Side.Red

Thumbs up

Quote:
Well said. You have to trust the squad you have. I think it's a good team and we'll come away with all three points without having to use all our subs. We've got a really difficult run of fixtures in the last couple of months of the season and that's when we'll have to push our players to the limit. We've talked all season about having a great squad, now's the time for us to use it.

It seems like some people don't remember the last several weeks of last season.

Unread 01-03-2008, 03:42 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Reaction -> counter reaction. The Fred Tissue way.

denis lawless

and another bloody thing.....

you can just imagine the scene in Fulhams dressing room right now

20 minutes before their cup final

edwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
So much for the claim the league is our priority.

It never will be while SAF is manager

Unread 01-03-2008, 03:43 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
and another bloody thing.....

you can just imagine the scene in Fulhams dressing room right now

20 minutes before their cup final
i imagine it like 'The last supper' only with john o'shea perving in the treatment room........
Closed Thread