United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-03-2008, 08:33 PM
dragflick

Good win that.

Really thought we'd struggle after hearing Giggs was missing.

Unread 01-03-2008, 08:41 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Having just got back from the match and scanning this £#%&!ing @#%&! of a thread, I feel I have wasted money and really missed out on the fevrish excitement that is leg SAFs goal and substitution updates as well as "real time" scores from other games.

It's almost like he's mulit-tasking, watching Sky Sports and then giving the breaking news on here - incredible stuff.

What a @#%&!.

Unread 01-03-2008, 08:42 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Let me point out that we didn't need to get any result to make you look a @#%&!, as you do it yourself on a continual basis.

NFT.
as ive said before there are a few (you included) who i see you calling me a @#%&! as a compliment.

if people like you, enjoying insanity and method man starting saying i was "sound" id be worried.

Unread 01-03-2008, 08:47 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
Having just got back from the match and scanning this £#%&!ing @#%&! of a thread, I feel I have wasted money and really missed out on the fevrish excitement that is leg SAFs goal and substitution updates as well as "real time" scores from other games.

It's almost like he's mulit-tasking, watching Sky Sports and then giving the breaking news on here - incredible stuff.

What a @#%&!.
What, like this?

Unread 01-03-2008, 09:05 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
in what way were they surprising?

because no matter how you coat it, word it or justify it we should be at least playing something like a settled side.

a few changes here and there are ok imo but not wholesale changes every game.
and its not like our best players are veterans who need that "rest".

people like to refer to last season when we "tired" towards the end and stumbled across the finish line but i recall the players who looked jaded and tired were two players who THIS SEASON arent in our best 11.(you permanantly say giggs is mom so you wont agree)

its looking more like a rotation system than just "resting players" if you look at our starting line ups this calender year.

at the end of the day we won and its all good but were that many changes needed.

Unread 01-03-2008, 09:06 PM
redmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge

What a @#%&!.

Quality!

Unread 01-03-2008, 09:12 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
because no matter how you coat it, word it or justify it we should be at least playing something like a settled side.

a few changes here and there are ok imo but not wholesale changes every game.
and its not like our best players are veterans who need that "rest".

people like to refer to last season when we "tired" towards the end and stumbled across the finish line but i recall the players who looked jaded and tired were two players who THIS SEASON arent in our best 11.(you permanantly say giggs is mom so you wont agree)

its looking more like a rotation system than just "resting players" if you look at our starting line ups this calender year.

at the end of the day we won and its all good but were that many changes needed.
Giggs wasn't man of the match today.

He probably will be on Tuesday though, of course.

Ronaldo looked knackered at the end of last season tbf. No doubt something to do with the injury he carried at Everton and at Milan, you know, during our incredible injury plague of the time.

Btw, good post Marlo, especially the spelling and punctuation (albeit with one or two glaring errors). I'm a little suspicious, and no mistake

Unread 01-03-2008, 09:14 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:

Btw, good post Marlo, especially the spelling and punctuation (albeit with one or two glaring errors). I'm a little suspicious, and no mistake
nope its me mate. confirmed.

Unread 01-03-2008, 09:21 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
nope its me mate. confirmed.
but which you.

Park played well today did he?

Unread 01-03-2008, 09:21 PM
chorleyred

Quote:
Giggs wasn't man of the match today.

He probably will be on Tuesday though, of course.

Ronaldo looked knackered at the end of last season tbf. No doubt something to do with the injury he carried at Everton and at Milan, you know, during our incredible injury plague of the time.

you are correct with this. The whole team was knackered by the end of last season, started picking up injuries and knocks etc. was the same the season before as well

I'm sure that is taken into consideration this time around. we are 11 weeks from the end of the season and still looking very fresh. compare with arsenal who for me are now starting to show cracks.

It's a risky game he's played today but come may one that will hopefully reap rewards, and at least this year we have a squad capable of doing it without much difference to the performances

Unread 01-03-2008, 09:23 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
but which you.

Park played well today did he?
wouldnt know.
didnt watch the game

Unread 01-03-2008, 09:30 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Can't see the problem and couldn't before the game either. We fielded a team of 11 internationals and 4 or 5 more on the bench. That team on paper was more than good enough to beat a shower of shit like Fulham, which we duly did, in fact we could have scored a load more than 3. Our "first choice" 11 will be fresh for Tuesday and hopefully will tater Lyon. Happy days

Unread 01-03-2008, 11:18 PM
The Mull

Quote:
central midfield is key in games like this.

the combo we have today were the ones outplayed at spurs.

i think its the lack of midfield drive couples with the blind and pointless running by park which will lead to us struggling to score.

dont get me wrong tevez and nani can pull something ou of the hat but other than that i can see a boring stale encounter with the ball hardly being passed forwards from midfield

fulham are absolutely shit on the other hand so this team may scrape through.
Post of the day IMHO. ...............says it all really

Good evening doomongers, hope you all well,

if you think that I've come on to gloat, you're dam right

[SIZE="3"]I told you so

Unread 01-03-2008, 11:20 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
Official Confirmed Team

GK: VDS

RB: O'Shea
CB: Ferdinand
CB: Brown
LB: Evra

RM: Park
CM: Scholes
CM: Hargreaves
LM: Nani

CF: Tevez
CF: Saha

Subs: PIG, Pique, Anderson, Ronaldo, Rooney

We are so £#%&!ed,

Our worst Cm pairing, rooney and Ronaldo on the bench. No Vidic or Carrick
Can we either have this as a sticky or pin it on a notice board as a warning for everyone as to how much of a complete and utter know nothing £#%&!wit SAF really is?

Unread 02-03-2008, 02:50 AM
Enjoying Insanity

I've said it before, and I'l say it again.

Put every single penny you've got on Fulham to go down.

Utter, utter shite.
Closed Thread