United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-01-2008, 05:36 PM
legendary saf

Default AS' Ronaldo to Madrid campaign continues

They've dragged Pepe and Ronaldo's agent into it now.

http://www.as.com/

Saying if he was at Madrid he'd win the Balon D'or. He probably would but then again, had United beaten Milan he would probably have gotten it at United. Although it is true, that Italian and Spanish sides have an advantage for their players. It's just personal awards anyway, Ronaldo has said many times it's all about the team and I am happy he has that attitude.

Unread 23-01-2008, 05:38 PM
Spiffy

Thank £#%&! they're not targetting Rooney.

Unread 23-01-2008, 05:38 PM
believe

Ronaldo will win World Player of the Year this year. NFTeehee

Unread 23-01-2008, 05:39 PM
Crumps

Will you promise to £#%&! off and "support" Madrid if he goes?

Unread 23-01-2008, 05:52 PM
notrightnow

AS

The best bit of the article in AS is the section where they try and come up with something from Ronaldo himself. So here's the best they could manage.

Quote:
Right now, the megastar of Alex Ferguson's team is delighted, by how things are going in his sporting life at Old Trafford (23 goals, seven more than Van Nistelrooy in Madrid), but is fed up with the harsh climate of the British Isles ( The sun only comes out for forty days a year, he's said to his closest contacts), and also does not want to wait much longer before winning the Champions League. A title that hasn't gone to United since 1999 when they won at the Nou Camp, with Beckham up front.
"Delighted" isn't the kind of phrase usually used about someone eager for a move. And as for the gripes about the weather and winning the CL soon - he's not that different to most of the fans.

Unread 23-01-2008, 05:53 PM
Spiffy

It's becoming a distraction now to be honest. I'd hate to think we miss out on yet another EC because we have a good player. Maybe it's time we cashed in on him, got £50M, replaced him and bought a world class keeper.

Unread 23-01-2008, 05:53 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
It's becoming a distraction now to be honest. I'd hate to think we miss out on yet another EC because we have a good player. Maybe it's time we cashed in on him, got £50M, replaced him and bought a world class keeper.
Watch out!

Unread 23-01-2008, 05:54 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Thank £#%&! they're not targetting Rooney.
Spot on.

I think 99% of us accept that Ronaldo won't be here forever, but Rooney will.

Unread 23-01-2008, 05:55 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by notrightnow
The best bit of the article in AS is the section where they try and come up with something from Ronaldo himself. So here's the best they could manage.

"Delighted" isn't the kind of phrase usually used about someone eager for a move. And as for the gripes about the weather and winning the CL soon - he's not that different to most of the fans.
The fans aren't being offered the chance to go to Real and play in the sun and win a European Cup though. If Ronnie seriously wants an EC win then he probably has to go, SAF's here for a while yet and he's not capable of winning another one.

Unread 23-01-2008, 06:00 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf

Saying if he was at Madrid he'd win the Balon D'or. He probably would but then again, had United beaten Milan he would probably have gotten it at United. Although it is true, that Italian and Spanish sides have an advantage for their players. It's just personal awards anyway, Ronaldo has said many times it's all about the team and I am happy he has that attitude.
Yeah but no, but yeah..

Unread 23-01-2008, 06:03 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:

You're like a kid telling yourself things thinking it will make it come true!

I'm just glad Rooney is staying.

Unread 23-01-2008, 06:06 PM
dodger

What will be will be

Unread 23-01-2008, 06:08 PM
poppy

If, in a few years, he wants to make the step down, then we should let him.

Unread 07-03-2008, 12:55 PM
legendary saf

Pepe sends Real Madrid SOS to Man Utd's Ronaldo

Real Madrid defender Pepe has sent an SOS to Manchester United wing ace Cristiano Ronaldo.

After their Champions League elimination this week, Pepe was asked if Real needed to make some big new signings in the summer and the defender said: "I am happy with my teammates because they have great quality, but understand that some people on the street say they would like to also have Cristiano Ronaldo or Kaka in Madrid.

"For me, I would prefer to have Cristiano Ronaldo as a teammate than an opponent."

Unread 07-03-2008, 12:56 PM
El Calafate

Quote:

Real Madrid defender Pepe has sent an SOS to Manchester United wing ace Cristiano Ronaldo.

After their Champions League elimination this week, Pepe was asked if Real needed to make some big new signings in the summer and the defender said: "I am happy with my teammates because they have great quality, but understand that some people on the street say they would like to also have Cristiano Ronaldo or Kaka in Madrid.

"For me, I would prefer to have Cristiano Ronaldo as a teammate than an opponent."
link! nft.

Unread 07-03-2008, 12:58 PM
Spiffy

Quote:

Wow. Thanks for keeping us informed.

Unread 07-03-2008, 12:59 PM
marlo stansfield

this must be horrific.

why not die for the cause and go and do some damage in madrid leg saf?

i can put you in contact with the right people.

Unread 07-03-2008, 01:02 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
and also does not want to wait much longer before winning the Champions League.
Like Madrid are any closer to winning it.

Unread 07-03-2008, 01:56 PM
Whalefish

He's not going anywehre.

Unread 07-03-2008, 02:04 PM
SilverSurfer

"Right now, the megastar of Alex Ferguson's team is delighted, by how things are going in his sporting life at Old Trafford (23 goals, seven more than Van Nistelrooy in Madrid), but is fed up with the harsh climate of the British Isles ( The sun only comes out for forty days a year, he's said to his closest contacts), and also does not want to wait much longer before winning the Champions League. A title that hasn't gone to United since 1999 when they won at the Nou Camp, with Beckham up front."

Surprised no-one has picked up on these little gems yet.

I'm sure it's doomlord central in Madrid at the moment so any old %@#$&!s that makes it look like Madrid will come back strongly with a big buy with go into their press.
Closed Thread