United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 31-08-2016, 12:47 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
He's been showing up in midfield a hell of a lot already. Think it was Carragher after the Bournemouth game who made the point that his touch map looked almost identical to the game against Bournemouth last season where he was in midfield.

Tbf even when he plays as a lone frontman, he spends half the game coming looking for the ball.
that's not true. last season rooney was very disciplined the majority of the time in van gaal's 9 role.

the problem was purely and simply that he cannot effectively play van gaal's version of it.

Unread 31-08-2016, 01:11 AM
VodkaAndCoke

Quote:
I dunno if it's needed. The fans hated the previous manager.
I didn't. I desperately wanted him to succeed but it became obvious during his second season that it wasn't going to work. And given the fact he'd said he was only doing three years he had to go. Not a problem.

We moved on and it's time you did too pal

Unread 31-08-2016, 08:21 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by VodkaAndCoke
I didn't. I desperately wanted him to succeed but it became obvious during his second season that it wasn't going to work. And given the fact he'd said he was only doing three years he had to go. Not a problem.

We moved on and it's time you did too pal
I'm not disputing his sacking. Does moving on mean never mentioning him again?

Unread 31-08-2016, 08:26 AM
Zorg

Quote:

Unread 31-08-2016, 08:41 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

Usual routine is I say something that isn't100% Mou positive, then L*G is quickly brought into it. Then we talk about L*G and I'm told to move on and forget about L*G.

It's fun.

Unread 31-08-2016, 09:17 AM
Sizlack

Quote:

Usual routine is I say something that isn't100% Mou positive, then L*G is quickly brought into it. Then we talk about L*G and I'm told to move on and forget about L*G.

It's fun.

I can confirm it really isn't.

Unread 31-08-2016, 11:23 AM
Sparky***

Quote:

It's fun.
You leave them out of this, they make good TVs

Unread 31-08-2016, 01:29 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Ahhhhh, no you don't. You say how it was inevitable that he would be sacked, that he lost the fans, that the club didn't fully buy into his vision.....but you always stop short of saying it was correct to sack him....

There's always an undercurrent that you think it was a mistake and that you want to have full-on BIG sex with him.

I'm on to you....

Unread 31-08-2016, 01:43 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Ahhhhh, no you don't. You say how it was inevitable that he would be sacked, that he lost the fans, that the club didn't fully buy into his vision.....but you always stop short of saying it was correct to sack him....

There's always an undercurrent that you think it was a mistake and that you want to have full-on BIG sex with him.
it was a choice. nothing has happened since then to define whether or not it was a mistake.

league form was erratic last spring but the potential was clear. the fa cup run was exciting and glorious. the breakthrough of lingard, rashford and mensah was thrilling and a real sight for sore eyes for all real united fans.

blind had proved a top class signing and LVG's deployment of him as his defensive leader and organiser was inspired. his risk in signing martial also looked to be guaranteed to pay off.

on the down side he failed to bring in someone to play alongside blind and he made a few other disastrous team-building decisions during the process. i had little faith he would correct that this summer, but you never know, and more importantly you never know who else he could have promoted through the ranks. I think it's a shame he made so many mistakes that ultimately meant the process ended early and unfinished...

mourinho has livened the whole thing up immediately as you'd expect from a charismatic new boss. he's got woodward eating out of his hand and scumbag agents everywhere celebrating his appointment.

and early results have gone well, with united even looking like they were no longer as gripped by fear at old trafford as they have been for then last 3 years. against that we won a friendly with a late goal, we were pretty much gifted the points on opening day, soton could easily have scored 2 or 3 and he left rashford and mhiki out at hull and was saved by a last ditch winner...

Unread 31-08-2016, 02:14 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Destined to go for siders like it did for toilet sniffer and the tories.

Unread 31-08-2016, 06:05 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
If we are honest the narrative you suggest was written in the summer. I'm enjoying the new wave of positivity, but so far the main difference between now and the team that ended last season with nine wins from 13 is better players.
Quote:
In terms of quality of performances. The goals don't half make a difference.
As main differences go, better players and scoring more goals is a pretty £#%&!ing good improvement.

Unread 31-08-2016, 06:57 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
it was a choice. nothing has happened since then to define whether or not it was a mistake.

league form was erratic last spring but the potential was clear. the fa cup run was exciting and glorious. the breakthrough of lingard, rashford and mensah was thrilling and a real sight for sore eyes for all real united fans.

blind had proved a top class signing and LVG's deployment of him as his defensive leader and organiser was inspired. his risk in signing martial also looked to be guaranteed to pay off.

on the down side he failed to bring in someone to play alongside blind and he made a few other disastrous team-building decisions during the process. i had little faith he would correct that this summer, but you never know, and more importantly you never know who else he could have promoted through the ranks. I think it's a shame he made so many mistakes that ultimately meant the process ended early and unfinished...

mourinho has livened the whole thing up immediately as you'd expect from a charismatic new boss. he's got woodward eating out of his hand and scumbag agents everywhere celebrating his appointment.

and early results have gone well, with united even looking like they were no longer as gripped by fear at old trafford as they have been for then last 3 years. against that we won a friendly with a late goal, we were pretty much gifted the points on opening day, soton could easily have scored 2 or 3 and he left rashford and mhiki out at hull and was saved by a last ditch winner...
You too ?

So be it.

Unread 31-08-2016, 07:11 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface

I'm on to you....

People have to stop with this undercurrent/implying %@#$&!s. Suggests I wouldn't say it if I thought it

I don't especially think it was a mistake to sack him. I do think he was somewhat misunderstood, though.

Anyway, nobody cares when I talk about Moyes

Unread 31-08-2016, 07:14 PM
Bunker Buster

Team Siders

Billy red face is a mood Hoover...

Unread 31-08-2016, 08:02 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Team Siders

Billy red face is a mood Hoover...
He's an utter bastard. Desperate to take my avatar from me, too

Unread 31-08-2016, 08:24 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
People have to stop with this undercurrent/implying balls. Suggests I wouldn't say it if I thought it

I don't especially think it was a mistake to sack him. I do think he was somewhat misunderstood, though.

Anyway, nobody cares when I talk about Moyes
happy to adopt a pro-moyes position for you if it helps

Unread 31-08-2016, 08:25 PM
naes_sean

Balotelli gone on a free to Nice.

Unread 31-08-2016, 08:26 PM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
Balotelli gone on a free to Nice.
Stay on topic please

Unread 31-08-2016, 08:27 PM