United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-04-2023, 10:52 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
How are you coping?

I’m going to sleep role-playing being a scouser/city fan when we did it. Pretending not to be arsed. Will welcome it in a way. A fugitive, finally captured.
Struggling tbh. Just going with the cheat thing and banging on about how we did it all when I was in my 20’s. Winning the treble now, at our age, whilst cheating is shite. Genuinely, it is.

Think I hate them as much as I do because they’re so undeserving. Vile people.

Unread 21-04-2023, 10:58 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Struggling tbh. Just going with the cheat thing and banging on about how we did it all when I was in my 20’s. Winning the treble now, at our age, whilst cheating is shite. Genuinely, it is.

Think I hate them as much as I do because they’re so undeserving. Vile people.
Just know you had no influence on our Treble and you’ll have no influence on this one.

When it comes to how this all plays out, You’re utterly meaningless.

There. Feel better?

Unread 21-04-2023, 11:00 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Unread 21-04-2023, 11:11 PM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikvanHaaksbergen
Good point, well made.

Unread 21-04-2023, 11:45 PM
Buck

Noticed it during the Sporting game when they went out of the Europa League at home and it happened again tonight. They concede a sloppy goal and immediately convene a team huddle. It did nothing on that night and tonight they conceded another goal afterwards. Being cynical it looks like they're playing up to the cameras because doing a mini team talk every time you concede is something I'd expect to see at a kid's game. Maybe they think this is a now or never season in terms of winning the league title. The West Ham game was the killer in my view since West Ham had played an away European tie 48 hours before whereas Arsenal had the whole week off after the Liverpool game. There was plenty of time after the equaliser to push for a third goal but they looked like the team with tired legs.

Unread 22-04-2023, 12:13 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Noticed it during the Sporting game when they went out of the Europa League at home and it happened again tonight. They concede a sloppy goal and immediately convene a team huddle. It did nothing on that night and tonight they conceded another goal afterwards. Being cynical it looks like they're playing up to the cameras because doing a mini team talk every time you concede is something I'd expect to see at a kid's game. Maybe they think this is a now or never season in terms of winning the league title. The West Ham game was the killer in my view since West Ham had played an away European tie 48 hours before whereas Arsenal had the whole week off after the Liverpool game. There was plenty of time after the equaliser to push for a third goal but they looked like the team with tired legs.
Shows how much of this tiredness is between the ears. Despite our non-stop schedule, we’ve pulled out some good results. (Also not) I suppose a fair bit depends on injuries/suspensions. I’m convinced we’d have won at Arsenal if the @#%&!s hadn’t thrown an extra game at us three days before. The one time we had a reprieve

Unread 22-04-2023, 07:27 AM
magic_cantona

I dont think I've ever thought that they were all that this season. The hype when when they beat us was crazy - it was like they'd won the league at that point and that win was more down to us. They've been really lucky against dross and they've never looked uncatchable. City have looked sickeningly relentless. No way Arsenal beat them at the Etihad.

Unread 22-04-2023, 07:46 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
guardiola’s got them nicely to the boil in time for the run in
hardly.

this is the part of the season where normal squads aren't enough.

they're not convincing. arsenal could easily beat them. I hope they have a better attitude than you. bit of a cheek accusing anyone else of bottling it or being a chickenheart, some might say.

Unread 22-04-2023, 07:59 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
hardly.

they're not convincing. arsenal could easily beat them. I hope they have a better attitude than you. bit of a cheek accusing anyone else of bottling it or being a chickenheart, some might say.
Arsenal have played them twice this season - have they looked like they were capable of easily beating them in either game?

Unread 22-04-2023, 07:59 AM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Saliba ffs.

Yeah, City are going to be stopped by some kid who was getting passed around the French farmers league like a bong up until this season.

Have a word with yourselves.

Unread 22-04-2023, 08:59 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Arsenal have played them twice this season - have they looked like they were capable of easily beating them in either game?
you're right. they should just give up.

we didn't look like beating brighton either.

Unread 22-04-2023, 09:10 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
you're right. they should just give up.

we didn't look like beating brighton either.
What an odd analogy.

Unread 22-04-2023, 09:43 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
hardly.

I won’t be playing Jem.

Unread 22-04-2023, 09:50 AM
dunk

Quote:
I won’t be playing Jem.
I reckon Arsenal would be better off with you than Rob Holding.

Unread 22-04-2023, 10:56 AM
jem

Quote:
What an odd analogy.
not sure how much more of a parallel it could be, tbh. each game is different. see our games v city, liverpool and arsenal, for example. just because arsenal haven't looked like beating city doesn't mean they won't. look at the games in which city have dropped points.

if city win the treble, it will be bad enough. worrying about it every year is pointless. we've got enough to worry about with united.

city will probably beat arsenal and lose against fulham, everton and brentford.

Quote:
I won’t be playing Jem.
that changes everything.

Unread 22-04-2023, 11:44 AM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
He’s a massive #@&%!. £#%&! him
I would rather not if it's all the same to you.

Unread 22-04-2023, 01:58 PM
BigJim

It was crystal clear, even before the World Cup, that City's illegally compiled squad was going to be the difference this year. Saw the game against Spurs at the Etihad (when they were 2-0 down) and their bench was the most obscene £#%&!ing thing. The seven of them could probably have beaten 10 full Prem teams.

Cheating @#%&!s.

Unread 22-04-2023, 02:58 PM
red in cumbria

Arsenal conceding in the first minute is the sort of thing there really is no excuse for.

They were on an even worse run come the close of last season before winning at Chelsea when nobody expected it, I suppose that is a straw to clutch. But no, I'm not hopeful.

Unread 22-04-2023, 03:49 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
What an odd analogy.
Closed Thread