United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 06-03-2018, 02:03 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Could do with someone coming in the summer to actually coach the side as there’s £#%&! all coaching going on during the week
Are you suggesting none of mourinho previous teams have been coached or that he’s just stopped now he’s at united?

Unread 06-03-2018, 02:14 AM
Part 36 Offer

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Sydney?

Unread 06-03-2018, 02:41 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Sydney?

You’d actually laugh if you saw the so called “shitholes” here, pal. Worst I’ve seen is Mt Druitt which was like an upmarket Benchill/Sharston.

Salford, East End levels don’t exist here.

Unread 06-03-2018, 02:51 AM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell

You’d actually laugh if you saw the so called “shitholes” here, pal. Worst I’ve seen is Mt Druitt which was like an upmarket Benchill/Sharston.

Redfern , Cabramatta.

Unread 06-03-2018, 02:58 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
Redfern , Cabramatta.
Redfern? You’re £#%&!ing kidding.

Cabramatta and surrounds similar to Mt Druitt levels. Parts of Liverpool,

none of them like bottom uk levels

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pogba bit of a concern. Not even interested. At least Alexis putting some effort in.

Unread 06-03-2018, 03:36 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Are you suggesting none of mourinho previous teams have been coached or that he’s just stopped now he’s at united?
I think the mental strength of the players he’s coached previously was on a different planet to the weaklings he’s coaching today. That being said, it’s not just us; I look at the Chelsea performance on Sunday, and what has been going on at Arsenal forever and I wonder what became of real men.

Unread 06-03-2018, 07:48 AM
believe

Didn't watch but this thread paints quite a picture.

Unread 06-03-2018, 07:50 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Haven't actually read all the way through this thread yet. Will it live up to expectations?
just search sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell

they do you turd

Unread 06-03-2018, 08:53 AM
Bunker Buster

Still buzzing....

The season needed that....

Unread 06-03-2018, 09:00 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
just search sparky

they do you turd

Familiar with Sydney’s darker spots pal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Still buzzing....

Yep - twice running

Unread 06-03-2018, 09:05 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Still buzzing....

absolutely brilliant feeling when the ball nestled in the corner. ..especially from 2-0 down.
the players & fans desperately needed one of those.

Easier said than done but it'd be £#%&!ing nice if we showed a bit of attacking intent from the start on Saturday.
Comebacks/late goals are what it's all about but we can't play like we did last night against the scousers or we'll get £#%&!ing battered.
We were absolutely diabolical for 3 quarters of the match last night.

Plenty of width & pace on Saturday please

Unread 06-03-2018, 09:07 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I think the mental strength of the players he’s coached previously was on a different planet to the weaklings he’s coaching today. That being said, it’s not just us; I look at the Chelsea performance on Sunday, and what has been going on at Arsenal forever and I wonder what became of real men.
It’s most notable in defenders I think. Two of the goals last night, from Townsend and Lukaku, both probably easily blocked if defenders just threw themselves in front of it. The old school players use that silly phrase “put your body on the line” but the way modern lads go on it’s like they think they’re really at risk getting hit by a ball.

For Lukaku’s goal their new young full-back is terrified of being hit with a shot from a bloke five yards away with no back lift. He literally avoids the ball. It’s utterly pathetic. You’d absolutely batter someone for that in non league football, let alone this standard.

Unread 06-03-2018, 09:10 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
absolutely brilliant feeling when the ball nestled in the corner. ..especially from 2-0 down.
the players & fans desperately needed one of those.

Easier said than done but it'd be £#%&!ing nice if we showed a bit of attacking intent from the start on Saturday.
Comebacks/late goals are what it's all about but we can't play like we did last night against the scousers or we'll get £#%&!ing battered.
We were absolutely diabolical for 3 quarters of the match last night.

Plenty of width & pace on Saturday please
Don’t think it’ll be pretty on Satdeh but Jose knows how to manage a game. Usually. Think we’ll stifle until late and mug em.

Unread 06-03-2018, 09:11 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Pathetic.

never give up on united ffs.

Unread 06-03-2018, 09:27 AM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex

never give up on united ffs.
Been thinking about this and we've lost the mindset that we can always come back in a game. In the first ten minutes there is a pile in if we start badly.

I said last night the 2-3 was on once we equalised. This isn't the Moyes era anymore - progress is evident.

Buzzing for our away fans last night..

True faith.

Unread 06-03-2018, 09:28 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
It’s most notable in defenders I think. Two of the goals last night, from Townsend and Lukaku, both probably easily blocked if defenders just threw themselves in front of it. The old school players use that silly phrase “put your body on the line” but the way modern lads go on it’s like they think they’re really at risk getting hit by a ball.

For Lukaku’s goal their new young full-back is terrified of being hit with a shot from a bloke five yards away with no back lift. He literally avoids the ball. It’s utterly pathetic. You’d absolutely batter someone for that in non league football, let alone this standard.
Yep. Good shout.

No way Lukaku should be able to get that shot through without anyone getting anything on it..

If it deflects in, unlucky, but none of them did anything more than turn their back and point their arse.

People love posting that Phil Jones/Giroud header off the ground, but it's actually a good bit of defending after an initial error and a defender putting everything, including his dignity, in to clearing the danger.

Last night was a top goon and we watch for those moments, but it feels like crack papering. We were utterly woeful, as bad as we've ever been, for 55 minutes. With all the usual problems standing out like a sore thumb.... and the players were arguing amongst themselves. Pogba and Sanchez in particular, yelling at everyone for their shortcomings.

We must be better on Saturday or we will lose.

Unread 06-03-2018, 09:30 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
Been thinking about this and we've lost the mindset that we can always come back in a game. In the first ten minutes there is a pile in if we start badly.

I said last night the 2-3 was on once we equalised. This isn't the Moyes era anymore - progress is evident.

True faith.

Unread 06-03-2018, 09:33 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar

True faith.
Then again within seconds of equalising we turned into custard again and almost let them walk in and score, but for some Dave heroics

I'm not quite sure what's more reflective of our mindset, the comeback or that it was needed. But I'm delighted. Too long since we had a last minute winner let along a banger like that. Top stuff

Unread 06-03-2018, 09:43 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Yep. Good shout.

No way Lukaku should be able to get that shot through without anyone getting anything on it..

If it deflects in, unlucky, but none of them did anything more than turn their back and point their arse.

People love posting that Phil Jones/Giroud header off the ground, but it's actually a good bit of defending after an initial error and a defender putting everything, including his dignity, in to clearing the danger.

Last night was a top goon and we watch for those moments, but it feels like crack papering. We were utterly woeful, as bad as we've ever been, for 55 minutes. With all the usual problems standing out like a sore thumb.... and the players were arguing amongst themselves. Pogba and Sanchez in particular, yelling at everyone for their shortcomings.

We must be better on Saturday or we will lose.
Mourinho will know how much that wonder goal papered over a dreadful showing. Part of the reason it was such a relief was because you knew it would have been such a depressing performance to reflect on with dropped points. Two games in a row coming from behind when we looked in serious trouble though. Only builds character.

Unread 06-03-2018, 09:46 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Mourinho will know how much that wonder goal papered over a dreadful showing. Part of the reason it was such a relief was because you knew it would have been such a depressing performance to reflect on with dropped points. Two games in a row coming from behind when we looked in serious trouble though. Only builds character.
I hope you're right, but we've been here before, as early as last week. That win should have had us bouncing. We started last night lobotomised.

We should be bouncing on Saturday, but I remain sceptical.

We can win it. We can beat them, but I expect them to start much better than us.