United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-04-2017, 03:22 PM
caliban

Jose is a master. Operating on a higher plane altogether. He's employing basic Mimetic Theory here to create and destroy the sacrificial lamb to help the group grow stronger.

Rene Girard is the original philosopher if you're interested.

You. Are. Welcome.

Unread 05-04-2017, 03:23 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I think you need to take another look at the likes of Conte and Guardiola who are notorious bullies. Our greatest ever manger was the biggest bully in the game for 20 years.

Wenger is a mr nice guy who all the players under him just turn up and do whatever they want knowing that he'll defend them no matter how shit they are.
One of Fergie's principles was to not slate players in public.

He did it to Nani in his last season after a league cup game but regretted it.

Unread 05-04-2017, 03:27 PM
puressence

Your slating Jose for outing players. Have you lot been on a Match Thread .... he's saying what we think these overpaid pamapered @#%&! need telling £#%&! the lot of em. Zlatan aswell love the man but he's basically calling the transfer window buy big or I'm off. You know what £#%&! off to selling your shit clobber and aftershave in a country where the only @#%&!s who know you are Abba tribute bands ...

Unread 05-04-2017, 03:27 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I think you need to take another look at the likes of Conte and Guardiola who are notorious bullies. Our greatest ever manger was the biggest bully in the game for 20 years.

Wenger is a mr nice guy who all the players under him just turn up and do whatever they want knowing that he'll defend them no matter how shit they are.

I think Fergie was roughly Mourinho's age when he did this..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0103jCmrjAA
Criticised the team in that video, not individuals.

Unread 05-04-2017, 03:30 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
I think Fergie was roughly Mourinho's age when he did this..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0103jCmrjAA
He was at least 10 years younger and has said he regrets doing it in at least 7 of his autobiographies.

Unread 05-04-2017, 03:33 PM
TheKitchenSink

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
That's the point, but I can only repeat it so many times. Wasn't often you'd hear Freggie use the media to humiliate a player. Do Guardiola or Conte do it very often? Can't say I've noticed, but I never really followed their press engagements before they came to England.

Unread 05-04-2017, 03:33 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
He's not above criticising players or dropping them all together...he did it to Beckham in 2003, @#%&!ted a boot in his face etc.

What worked under Ferguson isn't going to work with this lot. They've already shown they're not above downing tools and getting a manager the sack. This is 2017.

Unread 05-04-2017, 03:36 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
He's not above criticising players or dropping them all together...he did it to Beckham in 2003, @#%&!ted a boot in his face etc.

What worked under Ferguson isn't going to work with this lot. They've already shown they're not above downing tools and getting a manager the sack. This is 2017.
Yet you're posting videos from 35 years ago

No modern manager criticises his players publicly as much as Mourinho does. And he does it more than he used to.

Unread 05-04-2017, 03:44 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Wonder how his relationship with Mourinho is. Didn't get off to the best start.
I think his relationship with his bird is at least as important, tbh.

Unread 05-04-2017, 03:47 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Jose has to watch himself, he's had recent experience of losing a changing room and will be on thin ice here if the public criticism of Shaw is seen as unwarranted/small minded/vindictive. Humiliation never motivates and could easily elicit sympathy and solidarity from the players.

Praise in public, criticise in private, the trainee managers at McD's even know that ffs

Unread 05-04-2017, 04:13 PM
Clarkie

We'll find out tonight what the story is anyways, at 10:30...

Shaw talked to reporters last night, after the match, about his future and his relationship with Mourinho..Quotes are embargoed till then...

Anyone like to have a guess?

Unread 05-04-2017, 04:14 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie

Shaw talked to reporters last night, after the match, about his future and his relationship with Mourinho..Quotes are embargoed till then...

I don't £#%&!ing care any more tbh.

Just win some football matches ffs you bunch of @#%&!s.

Unread 05-04-2017, 04:15 PM
Baron

Quote:

Unread 05-04-2017, 04:18 PM
Clarkie

Quote:

I don't blame you...

Whatever about Moyes, he doesn't count but, this is now two of the world's best football managers with the same issue...

It's not even about scoring anymore....Far too many times last night the players were 2nd best in tackles, 50/50s, aerial battles etc etc..The passing and build up play is so slow, hardly anyone wants to take responsibility.

It's the same story as the last two seasons....I don't think it's the two managers' fault either

Except for Moyes, obviously

Unread 05-04-2017, 04:23 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
I don't blame you...

Whatever about Moyes, he doesn't count but, this is now two of the world's best football managers with the same issue...

It's not even about scoring anymore....Far too many times last night the players were 2nd best in tackles, 50/50s, aerial battles etc etc..The passing and build up play is so slow, hardly anyone wants to take responsibility.

It's the same story as the last two seasons....I don't think it's the two managers' fault either

Except for Moyes, obviously
What do you think it might be?

Unread 05-04-2017, 04:26 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
What do you think it might be?

If I knew that, I'd apply for the job

Anyways,
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Fe...source=twitter

He's not calling Rashford out and having digs at him...

Unread 05-04-2017, 04:29 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:

yes.

Sick to £#%&!ing death of hearing tittle-tattle about losing shirt numbers, attitude, relationships with then manager etc..

Just win some £#%&!ing matches & climb up the table you £#%&!ing millionaire, 6th place @#%&!s. You play for Man United ffs

Unread 05-04-2017, 07:54 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I think his relationship with his bird is at least as important, tbh.
Says who? Didn't his brother slaughter her on social media last summer? Maybe he's well rid, who knows...

Unread 05-04-2017, 08:01 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Says who? Didn't his brother slaughter her on social media last summer? Maybe he's well rid, who knows...
I think you mean "who cares" mate

Unread 05-04-2017, 08:08 PM
£#%&! KFC

“I am loving it here at United, the fans are incredible. I love this club and I will give everything to be here. I want it so much and I am not giving up.”

Enjoy Spurs mate.........
Closed Thread