United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-08-2017, 07:16 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
We aren't signing any more players mate.
At least one more cabbie

Unread 12-08-2017, 07:18 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
The fact that you're comparing the two shows you're clueless.
You didn't answer the question. Not hard to imagine you would tbh.

The comparison is of two unfulfilled players who have large potential, nothing more

Unread 12-08-2017, 07:19 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
I'm minded to rep you.

Unread 12-08-2017, 07:23 PM
Billy Redface

15/16: emotionless killer. Deadly.
16/17: looks unhappy. Problem..

Same face.

Unread 12-08-2017, 07:24 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
You didn't answer the question. Not hard to imagine you would tbh.

Also please point out where I said Martial is good as Ronaldo
I never suggested you said he was "as good as ronaldo" did I.

And no I didn't suggest we sell Ronaldo in 2005 either, for the record.

Martial is 22 in 4 months time. He needs to sort his £#%&!ing act out, start producing on the pitch or he can expect to get shipped out. The manchester united first team isn't some sort of £#%&!ing training wheels academy where players should get infinite time because there's the off chance they may or may not decide to start contributing.

Either produce the goods, or £#%&! off. It's simple.

For the record - when Ronaldo was Martial's age he was ripping the Premier league and europe apart. Scoring 25 goals in the season and winning player of the year.

A totally redundant comparison i suppose considering that Ronaldo possesses more mental strength and character in his left %@#$&! than Martial has in his entire body.

Unread 12-08-2017, 07:25 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface

Same face.

So true.

I remember in that first week Neville said it's a great sign that he doesn't look bothered when he scores.

A year later Scholes said it was a bad sign he didn't look bothered when he misses.

Unread 12-08-2017, 07:28 PM
Buck

No way should we even think of getting rid of the best young French forward

Unread 12-08-2017, 07:28 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
No way should we even think getting rid of the best young French forward
We've signed Mbappe now?

Unread 12-08-2017, 07:29 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface

Same face.

Unread 12-08-2017, 07:31 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:

Martial is 22 in 4 months time. He needs to sort his £#%&!ing act out, start producing on the pitch or he can expect to get shipped out. The manchester united first team isn't some sort of £#%&!ing training wheels academy where players should get infinite time because there's the off chance they may or may not decide to start contributing.

For the record - when Ronaldo was Martial's age he was ripping the Premier league and europe apart. Scoring 25 goals in the season and winning player of the year.

A totally redundant comparison i suppose considering that Ronaldo possesses more mental strength and character in his left %@#$&! than Martial has in his entire body.
Martial has had 2 seasons with us, under 2 different managers in a team full of ****.

Ronaldo took 2.5 - 3 seasons before he started tearing the league apart, and also had other players developing into world class players around him.

Martial showed enough potential in his first season to warrant patience now. In a squad with guys like Darmian, Fellaini etc he is low down in our long list of problems.

It's a struggle to name more than a couple of players who do "produce the goods"

Unread 12-08-2017, 07:41 PM
Neo

Swap him for their manager, then re-sign him.

Two problems solved in one fell swoop.

Unread 12-08-2017, 07:42 PM
dunk

Quote:

Based on this we should sell every player at the club with more than 10 games under his belt.

Unread 12-08-2017, 07:49 PM
Wez

First weekend of the season and Sparky's having a Sparky

Unread 12-08-2017, 07:59 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Martial has had 2 seasons with us, under 2 different managers in a team full of ****.

Ronaldo took 2.5 - 3 seasons before he started tearing the league apart, and also had other players developing into world class players around him.

Martial showed enough potential in his first season to warrant patience now. In a squad with guys like Darmian, Fellaini etc he is low down in our long list of problems.

It's a struggle to name more than a couple of players who do "produce the goods"
Exactly. Yhgr.

Unread 12-08-2017, 08:08 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

If only.

Unread 12-08-2017, 08:09 PM
utd99

Quote:

Only Mourinho knows exactly how he's instructing him to play and whether he's actually making enough of an attempt to do it on the pitch, but I would assume he hasn't which led to the "he has to show me more of what I like" line. I wouldn't give up on him yet, but surely he must smell a change in the air with our pursuit of Perisic and know that he must produce this season or youth and potential will no longer be good enough.

Unread 12-08-2017, 08:13 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Unread 12-08-2017, 08:16 PM
jem

might as well sell him. it's not like mourinho is going to play him. have they got a left back we want?

Unread 12-08-2017, 08:17 PM
utd99

Even if we wanted rid, I would string that @#%&! Levy along until deadline day then drop him on his bald head just as the window slammed shut.

Unread 12-08-2017, 08:22 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
might as well sell him. it's not like mourinho is going to play him. have they got a left back we want?
He made 42 appearances last season.
Closed Thread