United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-12-2015, 02:09 AM
Sparky***

Default AFC Wimbledon get permission to build "new plough lane" stadium

Amazing story when you consider what happened to that club. Absolute disgrace what happened to it tbh.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-35066622

Unread 11-12-2015, 02:19 AM
taff

it was, but the original wimbledon were a bunch of utter arseholes so i struggle to give a £#%&! tbh.

i realise that is a somewhat dubious ethical position.

Unread 11-12-2015, 02:25 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
it was, but the original wimbledon were a bunch of utter arseholes so i struggle to give a £#%&! tbh.

i realise that is a somewhat dubious ethical position.
Not really about the playing staff is it? I doubt any of the "original wimbledon" as you put it were much effected by the club being hoisted up to milton keynes.

It's a victory for the supporters who effectively had their club and their league position stolen from them by a tosser from Milton Keynes because he quite fancied a football team there, and didn't want to go through the whole hassle of actually starting one properly.

Unread 11-12-2015, 02:30 AM
TreeFiddy

Is it pronounced pluff?

Unread 11-12-2015, 02:31 AM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Not really about the playing staff is it? I doubt any of the "original wimbledon" as you put it were much effected by the club being hoisted up to milton keynes.

It's a victory for the supporters who effectively had their club and their league position stolen from them by a tosser from Milton Keynes because he quite fancied a football team there, and didn't want to go through the whole hassle of actually starting one properly.
probably not, no. i admittedly have sympathy for the fans. they just seemed to have an unnatural number of #@&%!s associated with them down the years.

i find the idea of mk dons having 'fans' quite strange. who the £#%&! would bother?

Unread 11-12-2015, 06:34 AM
TheFatGoth

Couldn't give an Efan Ekoku

Unread 11-12-2015, 06:38 AM
Charlestown Rouge

Getting rid of the greyhound stadium seems to sour the romance of this story.

Unread 11-12-2015, 07:20 AM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Is it pronounced pluff?
Ploo

Unread 11-12-2015, 08:13 AM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
It's run down and not being used much though ......

Well done the wombles . Great story .

Unread 11-12-2015, 09:35 AM
puressence

Went twice in the 80s absolute shithole

Unread 11-12-2015, 12:34 PM
PeakyBlinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Couldn't give an Efan Ekoku

yhgr

Unread 11-12-2015, 12:47 PM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
what do they care though?

Unread 11-12-2015, 12:48 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bigbollox
Ploo
I think you'll find it's 'ploff'.

Unread 11-12-2015, 12:59 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

There does seem to be a disparity between your attitudes to AFC and those you have for FCUM. I'm sure you will come back with Utd weren't 'hoisted' off somewhere, so the situation is in no way comparable. But it could be argued that while the Glazers didn't hoist utd down to the home counties, they hoisted the home counties on to us.

Unread 11-12-2015, 01:02 PM
MrBishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
There does seem to be a disparity between your attitudes to AFC and those you have for FCUM. I'm sure you will come back with Utd weren't 'hoisted' off somewhere, so the situation is in no way comparable. But it could be argued that while the Glazers didn't hoist utd down to the home counties, they hoisted the home counties on to us.
No, no it couldn't

Unread 11-12-2015, 01:05 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
No, no it couldn't
In a certain tongue-in-cheeky way it could, if only to point out the differing standard applied to each case

Unread 11-12-2015, 01:22 PM
beersexchipsgravy

Used to be 33 greyhound tracks in London, soon there'll be none

Unread 11-12-2015, 01:40 PM
Sizlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by beersexchipsgravy
Used to be 33 greyhound tracks in London, soon there'll be none
Why are you celebrating that, are you a cat?

Unread 11-12-2015, 01:50 PM
PeakyBlinder

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizlack
Why are you celebrating that, are you a cat?

Unread 11-12-2015, 02:04 PM
Jack Duckworth

pleased for them. i went to uni with a lad who was a big wimbledon fan, he'll be buzzing today, no doubt.
Closed Thread