United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-11-2010, 05:51 AM
borsuk

Default Re: Danny Wellbeck

never understood why you were so down on him tbh parters. the lad's obviously got talent, just needed to develop physically because he looked like bambi on ice at times, like his arms and legs had never met one another.

still find it hard to see macheda making it with us but i think welbeck's as close to a cert as you get at 20 years old.

welbeck, cleverley, the twins, smalling, evans, james, king, macheda, and all the other kids coming through... if fergie could build yet another side and beat the two richest clubs in the world with a bunch of kids, wouldn't that be £#%&!ing something eh

Unread 15-11-2010, 07:55 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

welbeck, cleverley, the twins, smalling, evans, james, king, macheda, and all the other kids coming through... if fergie could build yet another side and beat the two richest clubs in the world with a bunch of kids, wouldn't that be £#%&!ing something eh
And you know that if there's anyone who can do that, it's Fergie.

I'm really looking forward to this Pogba coming through too, he looks fantastic.

Unread 15-11-2010, 09:17 AM
marlo

he was always going to make it at united.

easily our best young player by far.

Unread 15-11-2010, 09:40 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
he was always going to make it at united.

easily our best young player by far.
of course he is

Unread 15-11-2010, 09:41 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
never understood why you were so down on him tbh parters. the lad's obviously got talent, just needed to develop physically because he looked like bambi on ice at times, like his arms and legs had never met one another.

still find it hard to see macheda making it with us but i think welbeck's as close to a cert as you get at 20 years old.

Didn't understand Parters hostility to him either, he is still young after all and is still growing. Could be brilliant player.

I still think Macheda has a chance, he's a year younger than Welbeck intee and is playing in a foreign country. Maybe a loan out at some point and we'll see him develop in the same way Welbeck has.

Unread 15-11-2010, 09:43 AM
Bunker Buster

Never doubted him....

Unread 15-11-2010, 09:59 AM
Liu Jian

Seemed to excel playing off Gyan yesterday, who looks a player himself. His close control yesterday was exceptional and with his height and developing physique, maybe he could give him Berbatov a kick up the ass/replace him in the team long-term.

Unread 15-11-2010, 10:05 AM
dunk

From about 16 Welbeck's talent has been obvious, as has the fact that he is/was a gangly young lad who's limbs seemed to operate despite his brain at times. I keep reading 'the penny has dropped' with him nothing at all to do with him just developing physically and getting used to playing at the level he's now at then? He has shown flashes of what he is capable of in just about every game he has played for United, unfortunately, the numbskulls and the impatient amongst United fans tend to write off young players at the first sign of a heavy first touch :shakehead:

We have plenty of prospects at the club, if 1/3 come through (and they could, easily), we're going to be in a fantastic position. Patience is the key.

Unless it's Gibson, he's £#%&!ing shite, isn't he Parters?

Unread 15-11-2010, 10:46 AM
fix up look SHARPE

don't know why we always have to define one player's ability in terms of another's and pit them against each other. would love to see both welbeck and macheda make it and think they've both got a fighting chance.

i really do think macheda will make it because he seems like a proper bastard. i know he's struggled when he's started but he always makes an impact off the bench and doesn't ever make the mistake of showing his opponents or team mates too much respect.

Unread 15-11-2010, 10:50 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix up look SHARPE
don't know why we always have to define one player's ability in terms of another's and pit them against each other. would love to see both welbeck and macheda make it and think they've both got a fighting chance.

i really do think macheda will make it because he seems like a proper bastard. i know he's struggled when he's started but he always makes an impact off the bench and doesn't ever make the mistake of showing his opponents or team mates too much respect.
It was brilliant when he was right in Dunne's face as soon as he came on. 'Come on then you fat @#%&!'. Well, I hope he said that anyway.

Unread 15-11-2010, 10:51 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix up look SHARPE
It took him 2 minutes to get right up Dunne's nose and ruffle him on Saturday. Fantastic to see and just what you want from a Sub. Something he has done in all his sub appearances so far, puts himself about, unsettles defences. Works for him as a sub, as he knows he hasn't got to stretch his energy over 90 minutes so he can just get stuck in. Lovely goal too. Definitely got a chance, just needs games to learn how best to apply himself at the top level, therein lies the problem though.

Unread 15-11-2010, 11:14 AM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
It took him 2 minutes to get right up Dunne's nose and ruffle him on Saturday. Fantastic to see and just what you want from a Sub. Something he has done in all his sub appearances so far, puts himself about, unsettles defences. Works for him as a sub, as he knows he hasn't got to stretch his energy over 90 minutes so he can just get stuck in. Lovely goal too. Definitely got a chance, just needs games to learn how best to apply himself at the top level, therein lies the problem though.
Must mean something that a lot of the players at united think he's going to be world class. Owen recently said he's convinced he'll be a class player for us. I know it's Owen, but he's seen his fair share of players.

Unread 15-11-2010, 11:15 AM
jem

so he didn't just come on and give the ball away cheaply for villa's second then?

Unread 15-11-2010, 11:17 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
so he didn't just come on and give the ball away cheaply for villa's second then?
No, he did that too

Although, giving the ball away 30 yards from the opposition goal shouldn't be an issue, really.

Unread 15-11-2010, 11:41 AM
Crumps

Evident he was always gonna be some player, now he's filling out/nearly filled out fully things are gonna start clicking with him, as mentioned his time out wide will give him a better understanding of the game and will be a positive for his development even if his performances aren't always great there. Anyway I do likes me a fast forward playing from out to in. Not bad for a South Manc fairy tbf.

Unread 15-11-2010, 11:41 AM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
No, he did that too

Although, giving the ball away 30 yards from the opposition goal shouldn't be an issue, really.
'course it £#%&!ing should

Unread 15-11-2010, 11:42 AM
believe

Sad thing is he'll never make it at United.

Unread 15-11-2010, 11:43 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Didn't understand Parters hostility to him either, he is still young after all and is still growing. Could be brilliant player.

I still think Macheda has a chance, he's a year younger than Welbeck intee and is playing in a foreign country. Maybe a loan out at some point and we'll see him develop in the same way Welbeck has.
I must admit I have been a bit doubtful about Danny too - derided him only on Sat'dee

As Parters said, it is maybe because he seemed to stagnate - even regress - last season after showing so much promise. Of course, he was also one of those implicated in the Leeds horror

If, as with Nani, the "penny has finally dropped" things look good indeed. Maybe yesterday shows that it has

Unread 15-11-2010, 11:44 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Sad thing is he'll never make it at United.
Of course he £#%&!ing wont.

Lets not put a spanner in the works of the mentalism following his first goal of the season though....in mid November.

Unread 15-11-2010, 11:46 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I must admit I have been a bit doubtful about Danny too - derided him only on Sat'dee

As Parters said, it is maybe because he seemed to stagnate - even regress - last season after showing so much promise. Of course, he was also one of those implicated in the Leeds horror

If, as with Nani, the "penny has finally dropped" things look good indeed. Maybe yesterday shows that it has
It was all a bit early for that, he was only 19. He was also still developing physically, in fact he still is now. What was stranger was writing him off but being incredibly defensive about Gibson who was 23 at the time.
Closed Thread