United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-11-2010, 11:51 PM
Part 36 Offer

Default Danny Wellbeck

I said 2 years ago after his performance at southampton away that he would he would be an england striker in 3 years.

He went on to let me down for 18 months after that.

What a performance today though.

Absolutely outstanding. Long way to go but maybe the penny has dropped. He ripped Ivanovic, Bosingwa and ferreira apart.

Henderson and Cattermole outstanding also. Even big Philly at left back.

Chelsea destroyed

Unread 14-11-2010, 11:54 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Default Re: Danny Wellbeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
I said 2 years ago after his performance at southampton away that he would he would be an england striker in 3 years.

He went on to let me down for 18 months after that.

What a performance today though.

Absolutely outstanding. Long way to go but maybe the penny has dropped. He ripped Ivanovic, Bosingwa and ferreira apart.

Henderson and Cattermole outstanding also. Even big Philly at left back.

Chelsea destroyed
He was absolutely quality. And it looks like he could fill out a bit more too.

Oh and word of warning, you might want to change the title to 'Welbeck' you'll get shit otherwise.

Unread 14-11-2010, 11:54 PM
Happy Camper

He did play well today, shame that when Bent is fit he'll probably get left out.

He's better than Bebe, and on his form this year i think he's a better option than Hernandez.

= We should get him back.

Unread 14-11-2010, 11:55 PM
naes_sean

He was fantastic today.

Unread 14-11-2010, 11:56 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper
He did play well today, shame that when Bent is fit he'll probably get left out.

He's better than Bebe, and on his form this year i think he's a better option than Hernandez.

= We should get him back.
I might be wrong, but don't they just play him on the wing when bent is fit? Which they shouldn't, he's clearly better as a forward.

Unread 14-11-2010, 11:59 PM
Happy Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
I might be wrong, but don't they just play him on the wing when bent is fit? Which they shouldn't, he's clearly better as a forward.
They usually only play with one up though, after today i think they'll be more inclined to go with 2 up.

Unless he played instead of Zenden, old twinkle toes himself.

Unread 14-11-2010, 11:59 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
I'm still not 100% if he will make it at our place but he will if he consistently plays like he did today.

I've been harsh on him because I was lauding him to £#%&!ing everyone and he let me down.

Great appetite today. Was very happy for him. Great lad.

Fletcher Moss mafia

Unread 15-11-2010, 12:02 AM
Baron

Quote:
Don't see the problem, I think it's helping to get regular games playing both out wide & occasionally up front, less pressure to play out wide, can see the runs that the strikers make & learn. Will be a good learning curve to simply play top flight football week in week out as opposed to rarely getting a game at United at this stage of his career.

He seems like he's getting his head up which was always the absolute annoyance when he was here, still makes the infuriating simple £#%&! up & makes the hard stuff look easy but it's obviously a lot easier to get consistent at making 5 yard passes than it is to take a great touch & turn 3 Chelsea players inside out.

Fair play to him, it's possibly a good indicator for Kiko to maybe go out if Rooney comes back, Owen gets fit & Berbs is here... unlikely tbf but I think the regular starts are what really helps a player kick on.

Unread 15-11-2010, 12:05 AM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Don't see the problem, I think it's helping to get regular games playing both out wide & occasionally up front, less pressure to play out wide, can see the runs that the strikers make & learn. Will be a good learning curve to simply play top flight football week in week out as opposed to rarely getting a game at United at this stage of his career.

He seems like he's getting his head up which was always the absolute annoyance when he was here, still makes the infuriating simple £#%&! up & makes the hard stuff look easy but it's obviously a lot easier to get consistent at making 5 yard passes than it is to take a great touch & turn 3 Chelsea players inside out.

Fair play to him, it's possibly a good indicator for Kiko to maybe go out if Rooney comes back, Owen gets fit & Berbs is here... unlikely tbf but I think the regular starts are what really helps a player kick on.
Just seems to add up that since bent has been injured he's played up front with gyan against spurs and Chelsea and played brilliantly in both. In other games when bent has been in the team, he's had to stay on the wing and hasn't had as much of a look in.

Unread 15-11-2010, 12:08 AM
Baron

Quote:
Just seems to add up that since bent has been injured he's played up front with gyan against spurs and Chelsea and played brilliantly in both. In other games when bent has been in the team, he's had to stay on the wing and hasn't had as much of a look in.
& all power to him, however Bent & Gyan are record (permanent) purchases up there & Welbers is a loan, I think it's great to see him play & make the most of his chance up front but today was the first time he's scored for them so I think developing his game is all good. I'm sure playing wide has helped when he gets his chance up top so ideally he can get a mixture as the season goes. So long as he gets plenty of games it's win/win.

Unread 15-11-2010, 12:09 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon

Very good post as per.

The lad has a long way to go but he put some top level defenders to the sword today. He played for my old club as well so I will always have a soft spot for him

Unread 15-11-2010, 12:13 AM
Coracao

He's definitely made Parters look a @#%&! tbf.

Gorilla Monsoon

Any word on how long Terry/Alex are out?

That Boy Ronaldo!

Didn't see the game but noticed he was involved in everything that was good for Sunderland, but it's only one game and he's still developing but the season long loan will be fantastic for him especially playing under a manager who knows what it takes to be a Manchester United player both on and off the field.

Sunderland are doing alright this year, two good peformances without Bent should make them stronger, the less they rely on Bent the better.

Unread 15-11-2010, 12:14 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
The lad has a long way to go but he put some top level defenders to the sword today. He played for my old club as well so I will always have a soft spot for him
Pace & some great skills on him, it's a blinding combination, he just needs to learn that he's not in the playground any more & the easy stuff can be more devastating than looking to do it all on his own. Finally some signs that it's dropping, very reminiscent of Nani in that respects.

Unread 15-11-2010, 12:16 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
He's definitely made Parters look a @#%&! tbf.

agreed pal

Unread 15-11-2010, 01:27 AM
Rhodzy

Love Wellers, winding up the chelsea fans with his celebration too.

Unread 15-11-2010, 02:00 AM
jem

welers, you mean? :0)

he played well. mame b d looks good too. and people say we don't have a squad. we've even got a midfielder on loan.

chelsea were dogshit, though.

Unread 15-11-2010, 02:02 AM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
welers, you mean? :0)

he played well. mame b d looks good too. and people say we don't have a squad. we've even got a midfielder on loan.

chelsea were dogshit, though.
Haven't seen much of Diouf at Blackburn, he's been sub a fair bit lately but has he done much overall?

Unread 15-11-2010, 02:05 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Haven't seen much of Diouf at Blackburn, he's been sub a fair bit lately but has he done much overall?
he has looked dangerous.
Closed Thread