United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-05-2016, 04:08 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
But, as we discussed earlier in the season, I have changed my mind with regards to both van Gaal and Mourinho based on changing circumstances. This is not about people agreeing with me, it's about being open minded and flexible, and contemplating the idea that what you thought six months ago may not be the case any more.

You however make your mind up about something in five minutes flat and that's it for life. If Mata scored a hat trick, you would say two of them were goal hanging, then praise the player who gave him a five yard ball for his forty yard screamer, and everyone here knows it.
You talk some shit

I give praise where it's due with Mata, always have.

You've had enough, that's ok, but don't be seeing your arse with those with more patience than you.

Unread 08-05-2016, 04:18 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
You talk some shit

I give praise where it's due with Mata, always have.

You've had enough, that's ok, but don't be seeing your arse with those with more patience than you.
I'm just afraid you'll 'patient' us all the way down to mid table is all.

Unread 08-05-2016, 04:21 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I'm just afraid you'll 'patient' us all the way down to mid table is all.
Don't be daft. We've struggled this season through lack of fire power. The only remedy for that is dipping into the market and allowing the young forwards we have time to develop. This is why I have patience. I said before the season started when everyone on here was getting giddy with talk of title challenges that there weren't enough goals and we'd struggle. I sympathise though, it's not easy to just go out and get the level of forward we lack just like that, so I'm giving the benefit of the doubt. His summer that forward line needs bolstering with pace, power and invention. If we're here in September with Mata and Rooney nailed on first picks I'll be seething and wanting him out.

Unread 08-05-2016, 04:31 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Don't be daft. We've struggled this season through lack of fire power. The only remedy for that is dipping into the market and allowing the young forwards we have time to develop. This is why I have patience. I said before the season started when everyone on here was getting giddy with talk of title challenges that there weren't enough goals and we'd struggle. I sympathise though, it's not easy to just go out and get the level of forward we lack just like that, so I'm giving the benefit of the doubt. His summer that forward line needs bolstering with pace, power and invention. If we're here in September with Mata and Rooney nailed on first picks I'll be seething and wanting him out.
What if Fellaini starts the first game of the season?

KickStart an assassination fund?

Unread 08-05-2016, 04:32 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
What if Fellaini starts the first game of the season?

KickStart an assassination fund?
yep.

He won't be here. 1 year left on his deal, new one not being offered. Offskis.

Unread 08-05-2016, 04:34 PM
utd99

Quote:
Well by then it might be too late. Worst thing that could happen here is not making the change that's evident, and then it not being available to you in October/November. You know how hard it is to get your first pick as manager in the Summer; how much harder once the season has started?

It's not just firepower we lack, it's creativity, and that is far more worrying. If our forwards were simply mis-firing you could expect that to improve, but they are not; in fact, our conversion rate is very good, we just don't create enough opportunities, and that's down to the way the whole team plays, not just the forwards.

Unread 08-05-2016, 04:37 PM
dunk

'Too late'? Does time stop then?

We lack creativity because the creators we have aren't good enough.

Unread 08-05-2016, 04:46 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
'Too late'? Does time stop then?

We lack creativity because the creators we have aren't good enough.
Dunk, why do you trust LVG to identify the right players this summer?

We have outspent most teams in Europe over the last 2 years, there is going to be a lot of money in English football this summer, more competition for signings, to me it looks as if we missed an opportunity in those 2 years.

Unread 08-05-2016, 04:53 PM
red in cumbria

No, we can't.

Next.

Unread 08-05-2016, 05:01 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Based on what?
the fact we've been serial Title contenders for the last 25 years.
the fact that Van Gaal is a manager of pedigree.
the fact that he spent a shitload of cash in the summer - again.

Watching United shouldn't be a chore. Life's too £#%&!ing short.
You need excitement & £#%&!ing goals.
I want us to be feared & hated, not mocked & considered a pushover.

The so-called progress is a myth. Intellectualised to within an inch of its life.

90% of the Squad isn't good enough & neither is he.

Quote:
but don't be seeing your arse with those with more patience than you.
but nobody takes you seriously mate because you only have 'patience' with the players you like.
You don't afford the same patience to the ones you don't.
The high & mighty crap doesn't wash.

Unread 08-05-2016, 05:09 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
the fact we've been serial Title contenders for the last 25 years.
the fact that Van Gaal is a manager of pedigree.
the fact that he spent a shitload of cash in the summer - again.

Watching United shouldn't be a chore. Life's too £#%&!ing short.
You need excitement & £#%&!ing goals.
I want us to be feared & hated, not mocked & considered a pushover.

The so-called progress is a myth. Intellectualised to within an inch of its life.

90% of the Squad isn't good enough & neither is he.
I shake my head when i keep hearing these apologists talk about this "young team".... "I'm interested to see where LVG is taking this young team."

Really? What young players are we talking about?

Rashford? Martial? and Fosu-Mensah? Two of which weren't even in the frame for a place on the bench last August.

Is that it? That's our "young team"? The spine of this side is built around players who are past it or not good enough. Our main attacking threat from wide areas is provided by nothing players like Valencia, Darmian and Rojo.

He's spent a quarter of a billion and we've really only got Martial who's repaid any of it so far. The football is awful, we can't win any game convincingly, everything is by the skin of our teeth..... they don't create chances even against the worst teams.....it's awful stuff and nobody looks happy with it.

United won't finish 4th so there's no debate to be had. He should be let go the minute after the FA Cup final finishes.

Unread 08-05-2016, 05:17 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I shake my head when i keep hearing these apologists talk about this "young team".... "I'm interested to see where LVG is taking this young team."

Really? What young players are we talking about?

Rashford? Martial? and Fosu-Mensah? Two of which weren't even in the frame for a place on the bench last August.

Is that it? That's our "young team"? The spine of this side is built around players who are past it or not good enough. Our main attacking threat from wide areas is provided by nothing players like Valencia, Darmian and Rojo.

He's spent a quarter of a billion and we've really only got Martial who's repaid any of it so far. The football is awful, we can't win any game convincingly, everything is by the skin of our teeth..... they don't create chances even against the worst teams.....it's awful stuff and nobody looks happy with it.

United won't finish 4th so there's no debate to be had. He should be let go the minute after the FA Cup final finishes.
A nine darter of a post.

Close the thread.

Unread 08-05-2016, 05:19 PM
Child of Darkness

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedWeStand
In honestly? Yes, and I admit it. Because it takes time for a manager to build a successful title-winning team. This is Manchester United we're talking about, a side that strives to win as much silverware whenever possible

Also, the plane/banner was a £#%&!ing disgrace as far as I'm concerned, and summed up the spoilt bed wetting @#%&!s we have in our support

We've all had it so good under Fergie, a new manager coming in was always going to be a downgrade, no matter who it was.
You were wrong then . And you are wrong now .

Unread 08-05-2016, 05:24 PM
Eve_Of_Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex
Websters defines progress as;
development towards an improved or more advanced condition.

IF we get 4th and win FA cup
= progress vs finishing 4th and no cup. Vs finishing 7th and no cup.

May not be enough progress but you can't argue with websters.

Unread 08-05-2016, 05:34 PM
dunk

Getting to the point where I'm bored to £#%&!ing tears by the whole subject tbh. Just need the solution that offers the best hope of bringing peace to the forum now.

Unread 08-05-2016, 07:16 PM
NegativeNorris

"Lack of firepower" haha, give me a £#%&!ing break. That's what's wrong? That's it? Put Aguero in this team and he'd score £#%&! all, simply because we create nothing! Is lack of firepower the reason everybody is bored to death? Of course it isn't. We're just a shit team, with a shit manager.

If you can't see that, then frankly you're an LvG loving idiot. It won't get better with him in charge. It's pretty clear to see. You've got to really question the people on this forum, when they're so accepting of such mediocrity.

Unread 08-05-2016, 07:24 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Getting to the point where I'm bored to £#%&!ing tears by the whole subject tbh. Just need the solution that offers the best hope of bringing peace to the forum now.
Spot on..

Lost a few good posters due to this...the outer's have sucked the very life out of the place...

Unread 08-05-2016, 07:32 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Spot on..

Lost a few good posters due to this...the outer's have sucked the very life out of the place...

Such a drama queen.

Unread 08-05-2016, 07:32 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Dunk, why do you trust LVG to identify the right players this summer?

We have outspent most teams in Europe over the last 2 years, there is going to be a lot of money in English football this summer, more competition for signings, to me it looks as if we missed an opportunity in those 2 years.
or learnt a valuable/expensive lesson

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegativeNorris
"Lack of firepower" haha, give me a £#%&!ing break. That's what's wrong? That's it? Put Aguero in this team and he'd score £#%&! all, simply because we create nothing! Is lack of firepower the reason everybody is bored to death? Of course it isn't. We're just a shit team, with a shit manager.

If you can't see that, then frankly you're an LvG loving idiot. It won't get better with him in charge. It's pretty clear to see. You've got to really question the people on this forum, when they're so accepting of such mediocrity.
imagine being forced to watch a front line of martial, rashford and aguero. wow, that would be horrendous wouldn't it...

Unread 08-05-2016, 07:56 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedWeStand
In honestly? Yes, and I admit it. Because it takes time for a manager to build a successful title-winning team.
He didn't need to. He inherited one.
Closed Thread