United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-05-2016, 01:13 PM
MJ Ramone

hasn't this thread been done about 5 times already??

How is Man United 'maybe' finishing 4th (we won't) & (reasonably likely) winning an FA Cup "progress"??

At the very least Van Gaal should have mounted a title challenge this season. Bare £#%&!ing minimum.
He hasn't so £#%&! off.
It's boring as £#%&!.

Unread 08-05-2016, 01:14 PM
Rashnaldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone

How is Man United 'maybe' finishing 4th (we won't) & (reasonably likely) winning an FA Cup "progress"??

At the very least Van Gaal should have mounted a title challenge this season. Bare £#%&!ing minimum.
He hasn't so £#%&! off.
It's boring as £#%&!.
Neither has Mourinho .

Unread 08-05-2016, 01:16 PM
atticusgrinch

ginners died for this shit?

Unread 08-05-2016, 01:18 PM
UnitedWeStand

Quote:
Because it's better than what the previous manager (David Moyes) did.

You can only compare progression with the previous manager

David Moyes sank the ship, but LvG is building a new one, and it takes time

Quote:
You're asking for too much, buying new players and immediately wanting them to click and gel in the same season is ridiculous

Unread 08-05-2016, 01:20 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Bert.

Name checking City was the giveaway.

Yep - I can smell le coq sportif.

I once started a 'Horton out' chant in the city end at a derby mid 90's - something I'll always regret as I would have liked him to have stayed around if I'm honest.

Anyway the biggest giveaway there is is that I haven't met a single United fan irl that wants van gaal to stay. Those on here are so committed that all rational thought was lost long ago. But a 'join April 16' banging the van gaal drum.

Give over you Bert @#%&!. Come back when you've won it 20 times you £#%&!ing bell ringing tit.

Unread 08-05-2016, 01:22 PM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedWeStand
Because it's better than what the previous manager (David Moyes) did.

You can only compare progression with the previous manager

David Moyes sank the ship, but LvG is building a new one, and it takes time

You're asking for too much, buying new players and immediately wanting them to click and gel in the same season is ridiculous
Ahem, Liverpool, spit.

Unread 08-05-2016, 01:26 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Anyway the biggest giveaway there is is that I haven't met a single United fan irl that wants van gaal to stay. Those on here are so committed that all rational thought was lost long ago. But a 'join April 16' banging the van gaal drum.
It's a Fred thing.

People in the real world change their minds when a position becomes untenable. On here they just make sure they have enough supplies to withstand a protracted siege.

Unread 08-05-2016, 01:30 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
LVG is 64 - Fergie was 49 give or take

Unread 08-05-2016, 02:13 PM
Tiberian

I will be happy when the season is over. Utd should not make me feel that way. 4th will not wash away the chore that watching Utd has been under LVG, as ever it is the bare minimum that should be achieved. Look at our usual competition, Chelsea and Liverpool imploded and had to change managers, City have had their worst season in years, while Arsenal fans are in revolt and want change at the top.

Winning the cup would allow him to leave with some credit, important to win that first major trophy post Fergie. It is going to be harder next year, you have to think that the rest of teams will improve, more money in the league will push prices up, can you risk another year of this especially when it will be his last?

Unread 08-05-2016, 02:19 PM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:

Websters defines progress as;
development towards an improved or more advanced condition.

IF we get 4th and win FA cup
= progress vs finishing 4th and no cup. Vs finishing 7th and no cup.

May not be enough progress but you can't argue with websters.

Unread 08-05-2016, 02:24 PM
dunk

Quote:

He hasn't so £#%&! off.
It's boring as £#%&!.
Based on what?

Quote:
It's a Fred thing.

People in the real world change their minds when a position becomes untenable. On here they just make sure they have enough supplies to withstand a protracted siege.
You keep banging that 'won't change their mind' drum. What you mean is won't agree with you. As for untenable gtfo.

Unread 08-05-2016, 02:30 PM
UnitedWeStand

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
Ahem, Liverpool, spit.
Couldn't care less about Liverpool

what matters is United. if LvG wins the FA Cup, there is progress. AND if he gets 4th then that ends the "no progress" argument

Quote:
Bert.

Name checking City was the giveaway.

It's a Fred thing.

which roughly translates as:

"I don't like your opinion so i'm going to cry, ignore and resort to ad hominem"

Unread 08-05-2016, 02:33 PM
Tumescent Throb

outers rationalise inners by calling it a siege position that they can't possibly really hold.

inners rationalise outers by just accepting they're entitled to their opinion.

inners discuss what van gaal is developing through the club, but probe whether it's happening quickly enough, and wonder why not.

outers don't just deny he's developing anything, but they question whether he ever has in the past.

basically inners are entirely rational and largely pragmatic, whilst outers are intransigent and often batshit mental.

Unread 08-05-2016, 02:47 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
outers rationalise inners by calling it a siege position that they can't possibly really hold.

inners discuss what van gaal is developing through the club, but probe whether it's happening quickly enough, and wonder why not.

outers don't just deny he's developing anything, but they question whether he ever has in the past.

basically inners are entirely rational and largely pragmatic, whilst outers are intransigent and often batshit mental.

Unread 08-05-2016, 02:51 PM
75Red

No Bert, "we" can't all agree that LVG should stay if he wins the FA cup.

Unread 08-05-2016, 02:53 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

Possibly because 'outers' are sick and tired of eating shit sandwiches sprinkled with a bit of sugar every week, then being told in post match pressers that they should be grateful for the sugar.

And possibly they resent 'inners' because they want to order another round for everyone.

Unread 08-05-2016, 02:56 PM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Couldn't care less about Liverpool

what matters is United. if LvG wins the FA Cup, there is progress. AND if he gets 4th then that ends the "no progress" argument

which roughly translates as:

"I don't like your opinion so i'm going to cry, ignore and resort to ad hominem"
So that is how you judge progress, an easy cup run
We can just ignore the shit on a stick football, bizarre tactics, team selections, substitutions, getting beaten and outplayed by relegation fodder because we are in the fa cup final, woohoo!

Unread 08-05-2016, 03:11 PM
UnitedWeStand

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
So that is how you judge progress, an easy cup run
A cup competition where Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, City and Tottenham were in

Quote:
We can just ignore the shit on a stick football, bizarre tactics, team selections, substitutions, getting beaten and outplayed by relegation fodder because we are in the fa cup final, woohoo!
Not saying you should ignore the flaws

I'm saying LvG needs time. Rome wasn't built in a day.

These days are different now. Chelski and City are bankrolled by billionaires. Arsenal's 60,000 stadium means they can spend more than ever. Tottenham, under Levy can spend silly money as well. Which means that the automatic "top dog" destination for the Premier League isn't always going to be United.

That means getting the right quality players will be hard. And will take time and patience. Developing and promoting youth is also extremely important as well, which is something Mourinho will not do.

All takes time. If anything, you are very impatient

Unread 08-05-2016, 03:19 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
If LvG wins the FA Cup, he should get to stay and finish the job. Make sure that he gets his chance to build his Manchester United team and see what a LvG team is all about

The Moyes comparison idiots won't be happy to know that an FA Cup betters what Moyes ever did.

And even if LvG loses the FA Cup final - which he won't - he would still deserve to have his shot

Always remember that Manchester United are not a sacking club. We are unique and different to the likes of Chelski, City, Madrid and PSG, these clubs are spoilt and have spoilt fans. We do NOT want to become like them

That is why Jose Mourinho should kept away from the club. He is the embodiment of bigotry, arrogance and classlessness which completely goes against the tradition and history of Manchester United.

There's far too much negativity on these forums. So much that I'm starting to wonder if the people who are crying about LvG are even Manchester United supporters.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Get behind the manager. Get behind the team. Support Manchester United.
And that's Crufts

Unread 08-05-2016, 03:57 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Based on what?

You keep banging that 'won't change their mind' drum. What you mean is won't agree with you. As for untenable gtfo.
But, as we discussed earlier in the season, I have changed my mind with regards to both van Gaal and Mourinho based on changing circumstances. This is not about people agreeing with me, it's about being open minded and flexible, and contemplating the idea that what you thought six months ago may not be the case any more.

You however make your mind up about something in five minutes flat and that's it for life. If Mata scored a hat trick, you would say two of them were goal hanging, then praise the player who gave him a five yard ball for his forty yard screamer, and everyone here knows it.
Closed Thread