United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-04-2016, 02:36 PM
dodger

Surely nobody is still backing LVG? Even of there was any evidence of him getting through to the players and it actually working, he's going to retire in a year.
We want to hang on to him so he can build for another year? Then he can £#%&! off to Zandvoort and spend his life in a deckchair leaving us just as in limbo as we are now? Ta very much. What is this this £#%&!ing %@#$&!s? Get £#%&!ing rid of him.

Unread 01-04-2016, 03:44 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Surely nobody is still backing LVG? Even of there was any evidence of him getting through to the players and it actually working, he's going to retire in a year.
We want to hang on to him so he can build for another year? Then he can £#%&! off to Zandvoort and spend his life in a deckchair leaving us just as in limbo as we are now? Ta very much. What is this this £#%&!ing %@#$&!s? Get £#%&!ing rid of him.
New to Fred, pal?

Unread 01-04-2016, 03:50 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
Tbh...im still gobsmacked he didn't arrive before boxing day
You've got Sir Bob to thank for that

Unread 01-04-2016, 04:05 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Like winning the derby? Or beating Arsenal.

Genuinely think people have become entrenched in a cycle of moaning, which is distorting things. We have improved over recent months, albeit we had to after December. And we can still have a decent end to the season.

Unread 01-04-2016, 04:15 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Like winning the derby? Or beating Arsenal.

Genuinely think people have become entrenched in a cycle of moaning, which is distorting things. We have improved over recent months, albeit we had to after December. And we can still have a decent end to the season.
Two good performances.

Everyone plays well from time to time*. The bigger picture is that performances have largely been unacceptable to the point where the manager should be sacked. He's provided some good individual moments against good teams. But nothing to suggest we can sustain it for any period that our expectations should demand. Mid table teams raise their game for City and arsenal.

And the season MIGHT end up being DECENT? oh hooray.

*except Aston Villa.

Unread 01-04-2016, 04:22 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Two good performances.

Everyone plays well from time to time*. The bigger picture is that performances have largely been unacceptable to the point where the manager should be sacked. He's provided some good individual moments against good teams. But nothing to suggest we can sustain it for any period that our expectations should demand. Mid table teams raise their game for City and arsenal.

And the season MIGHT end up being DECENT? oh hooray.

*except Aston Villa.
Not just two. We were outstanding against Stoke, which is another team people bigged up until we beat them. And we played well against West Ham in the cup game. A young side did well to see off Watford. Basically, considering our limitations and the youth we're relying on, it's nowhere near as bad as people have become used to making out.

The bigger point really is that the people making the decisions should and I think are looking longer term than fans ever will. You don't sack a manager because he had poor performances three months ago that are still affecting things. You do it because you don't think he's the right man to improve things and take us forward. That decision, it appears, has not been made yet. Rightly so.

Unread 01-04-2016, 04:36 PM
utd99

Quote:
Alright then, every team we play next season in England won't have Mourinho in charge, either.

I find the idea that United disliked Mourinho so much they hired David Moyes ahead of him, but now after a brief attempt at long-term building, would run back to him with their hands out and go in a totally different direction, far more terrifying.

LvG being replaced by a Pochettino at least would indicate some kind of continuity in idea. Mourinho seems pure panic stations.
Circumstances change, as do perceptions.

Unread 01-04-2016, 05:32 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Circumstances change, as do perceptions.
Circumstances should be expected to change. They did throughout Fergie's time and always will. Shouldn't really change your ideas for the club. Your vision for what you want should not depend on the success of any given manager; in fact it should incorporate the reality that any given manager could not work out.

Unread 01-04-2016, 06:16 PM
Luffy

Quote:
Please don't pretend that he hasn't spent his career giving young players their chance.

No, I'm saying much like Guardiola (and Mourinho) he has specific demands and some players will be resistant to his style. As Mourinho found during his recent spell at Chelsea when half the squad hated his methods etc. LvG has done fantastically well with the young players, plus the likes of Blind and Smalling. He's started something; hopefully the club continue with it.
Are you serious?? a) we've seen with Fergie and Pelligrini that managers with one year left don't do well at all.

b) You could argue he's mis-managed every single player except DDG, Smalling and Blind - the back 3 whoop!

Every attacking player bar Martial and Rashford have looked low on confidence, form, cohesion, courage, imagination.... I'd argue Martial and Rashford have been mis-managed too from being rotated all over the place and not given a rest.

He's just collecting debuts at this point, as much as I love our kids and love seeing them thrown in and do well, its nonsense for Weir to be in ahead of Perreira. As good as Fosu-Mensah might be its weird to start him ahead of McNair. Love and Riley went from being LB choices to ignored for Fosu-Mensah who went in and looked shaky as £#%&!.

How can McNair, Januzaj, Perreira, Blackett be good enough for Premier League/Olympic/International teams one moment and shining at reserve level suddenly find themselves overtaken by players who have only just joined the reserves from u18 level?

They haven't - its just LVG building up his portfolio so in 3 years time he can be like "Yep I discovered that guy, that was my man utd master plan all along".

£#%&! YOU LVG THATS £#%&!ING %@#$&!S.

Not saying the likes of McNair are good enough, but they did the job when we finished 4th and now all of a sudden they've been overtaken by a 17 yr old.

Unread 01-04-2016, 07:22 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Circumstances change, as do perceptions
There is certainly an argument that JM is right for this club now, even if that wasn't the case in the past.

Unread 01-04-2016, 10:17 PM
utd99

Quote:
Circumstances should be expected to change. They did throughout Fergie's time and always will. Shouldn't really change your ideas for the club. Your vision for what you want should not depend on the success of any given manager; in fact it should incorporate the reality that any given manager could not work out.
So Moyes should have gotten more time then?

[Mourinho issues May deadline]

"Nah, you're alright Jose, we've decided to go a different route."

"June then.."

Unread 01-04-2016, 10:51 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Not just two. We were outstanding against Stoke, which is another team people bigged up until we beat them. And we played well against West Ham in the cup game. A young side did well to see off Watford. Basically, considering our limitations and the youth we're relying on, it's nowhere near as bad as people have become used to making out.

The bigger point really is that the people making the decisions should and I think are looking longer term than fans ever will. You don't sack a manager because he had poor performances three months ago that are still affecting things. You do it because you don't think he's the right man to improve things and take us forward. That decision, it appears, has not been made yet. Rightly so.
So we look at the bigger picture, but only to a few months ago when we were top ? (For 18 minutes. As you enjoy reminding)

Tell you what, let's look at the even bigger picture. His whole tenure. It's been shit. Unacceptable. 2 years into a 3 year plan and we're not far enough along. Beyond that, there is no bigger picture because he's not even here long-term.

He said to judge him after 3 months too.

We can (and do) talk about the little moments, the good performance, the reasons/excuses all day, but you have to view his tenure as a whole and it is simply not good enough. And not even close either. Absolute bare minimum achieved last season and we're WORSE this season. Fewer goals, fewer points, lower league position.

And we were supposed to build each year. It's only a three year plan so the improvement needs to rapid year-on-year. We've regressed. And we're crushingly dull in doing so.

He deserves to be sacked.

Unread 01-04-2016, 11:10 PM
utd99

Quote:
So we look at the bigger picture, but only to a few months ago when we were top ? (For 18 minutes. As you enjoy reminding)

Tell you what, let's look at the even bigger picture. His whole tenure. It's been shit. Unacceptable. 2 years into a 3 year plan and we're not far enough along. Beyond that, there is no bigger picture because he's not even here long-term.

We can (and do) talk about the little moments, the good performance, the reasons/excuses all day, but you have to view his tenure as a whole and it is simply not good enough. And not even close either. Absolute bare minimum achieved last season and we're WORSE this season. Fewer goals, fewer points, lower league position.

And we were supposed to build each year. It's only a three year plan so the improvement needs to rapid year-on-year. We've regressed. And we're crushingly dull in doing so.

He also said in today's presser that a year wasn't enough to build a team. '. Ok Lou, we'll give you two, how does that sound?'

Point is, you can want and expect to give a manager time to do his work, however you should also evaluate as you go because the probability of him reaching his goals will change. Nobody gives a manager a three year contract and then checks back in after three years to see how he's done.

Unread 02-04-2016, 02:03 AM
ScarFace

Unread 02-04-2016, 03:12 AM
Luffy

Tbf to Fergie et al I don't think they're pushing a selfish agenda at all. I think Fergie genuinely thinks mourinho would be terrible for the club and doesn't want to see his baby come to harm.

Fergie thinks we're better off letting Giggs learn the job, we might not win anything for 5 years but the club's legacy would be safeguarded and eventually a great team and great manager might follow.

5 years of nothing followed by a glorious 20+ years under Giggs playing proper Man Utd football - would you take it?

One worry with mourinho is he comes with a narrative that is a ready made excuse for a squad that seems keen to jump on excuses. Couple that with a lack of support from the board and we could be jumping into the frying pan.

Can empathise with Fergie but I'm team Jose anyway and I love the idea of Jose and Zlatan £#%&!ing up Pep. Also like the idea of mourinho wanting to show the world he can be a cavalier manager who believes in young players.

Unread 02-04-2016, 03:15 AM
waynes ear's

Its not Sir Mother£#%&!ers baby pal. Stopped reading there.

He's an employee. He helped shape shit. Now he isnt.

£#%&! off

Also, i'd like LvG to stay on. Just to piss people off

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Quoting "full season" stats.

A new low

Unread 02-04-2016, 08:31 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

I don't find us crushingly dull at the moment tbh. I think that's become a bit lazy. Didn't find us dull in the Derby, or in the second leg against Liverpool, or against West Ham. Certainly not when we beat Arsenal and hammered Stoke. We're up and down, but I'd expect that from a young side. That's the bigger picture.

Point being, there's plenty to be optimistic about. We have some great young players who are showing better understanding. Add the right quality with three or four in the summer and it's a squad going places. Whether Van Gaal will be here next season isn't really relevant to that. Which is why I say complaining has become habitual. No room for the positives such as noting that we have had some good showings recently with youngsters and the likes of Blind shining, just relentless whining about a manager who isn't even likely to be here that much longer.

Personally, with Rashford and Martial up front I'm looking forward to games atm more than I have in a while. I know, wrong forum etc.

Unread 02-04-2016, 08:50 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
I don't find us crushingly dull at the moment tbh. I think that's become a bit lazy. Didn't find us dull in the Derby, or in the second leg against Liverpool, or against West Ham. Certainly not when we beat Arsenal and hammered Stoke. We're up and down, but I'd expect that from a young side. That's the bigger picture.

Point being, there's plenty to be optimistic about. We have some great young players who are showing better understanding. Add the right quality with three or four in the summer and it's a squad going places. Whether Van Gaal will be here next season isn't really relevant to that. Which is why I say complaining has become habitual. No room for the positives such as noting that we have had some good showings recently with youngsters and the likes of Blind shining, just relentless whining about a manager who isn't even likely to be here that much longer.

Personally, with Rashford and Martial up front I'm looking forward to games atm more than I have in a while. I know, wrong forum etc.
While Siders is an absolute beacon of gaylordery, and i am too at times, this season has been an absolute Chernobyl. The meltdown over christmas £#%&!ed us. And LvG has been given time.

Deservedly so given his reputation, but with his contract ending next season and him saying he wont extend it (will do after winning the league next year) this seasons results point to a goodbye and a tinge of regret. Unfortunately Woody doesnt have the testicular fortitude to bin him.

Love LvG. Love the injuries suffered that have forced him to play so many kids. Love him selling so many shit@#%&!s. Love his pressers. Love his teams being up for the big teams (except arsenal away) Hate him not playing Pereira. Hate him not murdering Fellaini. Hate him being forced to have Giggs alongside him.

What a £#%&!ing mess

Unread 02-04-2016, 09:12 AM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
we might not win anything for 5 years but the club's legacy would be safeguarded and eventually a great team and great manager might follow.
It's too much of a gamble, and if it doesn't pay off then that's Giggs' legacy tainted. Regarding Uniteds legacy/identity, whatever you want to call it - if Moyes didn't wreck the legacy, then Jose certainly won't.

Unread 02-04-2016, 09:49 AM
waynes ear's

Giggs legacy

His final few seasons as a player were a £#%&!ing joke. Play well for 6 months, get a new one year deal. Rinse repeat. Got played in central midfield as the manager wouldnt £#%&! him off. Played a handful of decent games over the course of four years. Should have been binned long ago. Legacy as manager too. Won one game. On the basis of all out attack.

Doesnt deserve one chance at managing Manchester United. Nor does he have the credentials either (not that credentials mattered to Fergie when hiring Moyes)

£#%&! off Giggs and your "legacy"

Closed Thread