United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-05-2016, 06:58 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
The stories he was being binned for Mourinho came as soon as we hit a little blip. We'd been top of the league and in a great position in Europe. Three weeks later everyone wanted the change. Felt to me like a collective headsgone moment, tbh.

Obviously the manager always carries the can, especially these days when frenzies are far easier for the media to whip up. But for me the club could have done more to calm it before it even started last Autumn by getting people to show a united front.

I think Mou would be better at that. He's obsessed with perception and is more media savvy than LvG. He'd also be far more aggressive in his media dealings. Imagine playing great football for 25 years and letting club legends say you're only interested in possession
van gaal dismissed scholes but said he couldn't really win an argument with him... very dignified, but he should have had a pop back.

imo just like i've said all along, van gaal's main problem personally has been communication. he speaks ok english but has a strange way of expressing himself which doesn't really translate and tends to get key words muddled up in tense or context. this must be very frustrating for him, and it led the media to revel in quoting him verbatim to take the piss.

the best one was when he said it's not always the club sacking him, he might quit himself first. to me that was a joke that no-one wanted to get. i thought it was funny.

making no comment at all publicly was the best way united could back him.

Unread 12-05-2016, 06:59 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
No we didn't, the problem throughout his tenure is the turgid football, if there's anything in your fact at the end it's that there was a giddy flip and someone bumped an old ON thread as a semi piss take when we beat Watford,with a last minute own goal, in that 3 match run was one of the dullest halves of football I've ever seen in the first half against West Brom.

The 3 weeks after that we played crap games against Leicester and a one shot on target effort against West Ham before losing 3 on the spin against Wolfsburg to exit the CL and then the absolute holocaust of losing consecutive games to Bournemouth and £#%&!ing Norwich. The only change was that by the end of that run most of the cardies handed their badges in and said it was time for change. If anything he got a bigger uptick in support for falling over against Arsenal than for going top of the league for a mayfly's life span.
We missed loads of chances against West Ham. Billic afterwards said it could have been 3-3. We were the better side at Leicester, too. But this is what I mean about wider perception influencing the way people watch games. No goals = we didn't try to score goals. It was damaging; LvG should have piped up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
van gaal dismissed scholes but said he couldn't really win an argument with him... very dignified, but he should have had a pop back.

imo just like i've said all along, van gaal's main problem personally has been communication. he speaks ok english but has a strange way of expressing himself which doesn't really translate and tends to get key words muddled up in tense or context. this must be very frustrating for him, and it led the media to revel in quoting him verbatim to take the piss.

the best one was when he said it's not always the club sacking him, he might quit himself first. to me that was a joke that no-one wanted to get. i thought it was funny.

making no comment at all publicly was the best way united could back him.
True. My missus is half Dutch and grew up in his neck of the woods. She reckons he's like that even in his native language; he's known to be quite odd and awkward socially. He may even have some kind of mild condition. People who know him well always like him, but he doesn't communicate well and he's been screwed over plenty here. The De Gea "doesn't want to play" one being the prime example.

Unread 12-05-2016, 07:37 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
We missed loads of chances against West Ham. Billic afterwards said it could have been 3-3. We were the better side at Leicester, too. But this is what I mean about wider perception influencing the way people watch games. No goals = we didn't try to score goals. It was damaging; LvG should have piped up.

True. My missus is half Dutch and grew up in his neck of the woods. She reckons he's like that even in his native language; he's known to be quite odd and awkward socially. He may even have some kind of mild condition. People who know him well always like him, but he doesn't communicate well and he's been screwed over plenty here. The De Gea "doesn't want to play" one being the prime example.
there are rules here pal

which half btw

Unread 12-05-2016, 08:56 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
there are rules here pal

which half btw
The non Mexican half. Brutal combo tbh.

Also doesn't share my love for Big Man Can't see it working.

Unread 12-05-2016, 10:23 PM
Clarkie

All this about Mourinho being a broken man....He will be if he ever logs onto Fred

Unread 12-05-2016, 10:29 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
All this about Mourinho being a broken man....He will be if he ever logs onto Fred

Quote:
The non Mexican half. Brutal combo tbh.
£#%&!ing hell man. RULES dammit!!

Unread 12-05-2016, 10:31 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Should see if he'll do a reddit style AMA for fred.

Unread 12-05-2016, 10:38 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Should see if he'll do a reddit style AMA for fred.
Would be great if it turned out like Carrick's last one...

"What was your most memorable back pass to the keeper?"
"On a scale of 1 to Tom Cleverley, how bad is Ashley Young?"

https://twitter.com/AAlciato/status/730870081564069888

Guy broke the news over Conte to Chelsea a while before it happened. Also, interviewed Mendes back in December, when rumours first started coming out...

Unread 12-05-2016, 11:35 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
£#%&!ing hell man. RULES dammit!!

I wouldn't live to see LvG's third term

Unread 13-05-2016, 09:48 AM
BarryX

Sky Italia are saying he's signing. Today

https://twitter.com/i/moments/731008317649084416

Unread 13-05-2016, 09:56 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX

Zlatan announced he leaving PSG too.....

Unread 13-05-2016, 09:56 AM
Sizlack

Quote:

It's more a question that a statement and the answer is no.

Unread 13-05-2016, 01:03 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:

I wouldn't live to see LvG's third term
¿Cómo se atreve usted publica una foto de mí, Je verdomme achterlijke boeren lul !

Unread 13-05-2016, 03:47 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:

Well?

Unread 13-05-2016, 03:53 PM
ScarFace

ava dalush, shes english with a mexican dad.

basically a Nottingham accent with a latino arse

Unread 13-05-2016, 06:57 PM
Ashley's Grime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
ava dalush, shes english with a mexican dad.

basically a Nottingham accent with a latino arse
She's a delightful young lady.
Closed Thread