United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Are you in favour of Big Jim’s deal to acquire 25% of the club?
Yes 71 71.00%
No 14 14.00%
Not arsed 15 15.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 24-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Zorg

Is he any good in nets?

Unread 24-12-2023, 07:01 PM
Mr_Ed

Was pro Quatar bid but any bid is better than the slide we find ourselves in.

Sort out the leadership shit show and move from there.

Unread 24-12-2023, 07:01 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
it's the only £#%&!ing thing keeping them here.
ffs

The only positive is he might run the football better. He'd struggle to run it worse.

Unread 24-12-2023, 07:02 PM
magic_cantona

Yes - it's better than nothing and could things get any worse?

Unread 24-12-2023, 07:03 PM
red in cumbria

The widespread presumption that it is just a 25% stake and then nothing further will happen and the gimps will still sit pretty in actual control - this seems a bit strange to me, even dooming for dooming's sake.

I am pretty confident that SJR possesses what it takes to outwit the Glazers, if it does indeed come to that.

Unread 24-12-2023, 07:04 PM
puressence

The Brighton of the north

Unread 24-12-2023, 07:07 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria

I am pretty confident that SJR possesses what it takes to outwit the Glazers, if it does indeed come to that.
An IQ higher than 55

Unread 24-12-2023, 07:09 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Was pro Quatar bid but any bid is better than the slide we find ourselves in.

Sort out the leadership shit show and move from there.
I’d say you’re too stupid to have two logins.

Unread 24-12-2023, 07:28 PM
marlo

Hope he brings back greenwood!

the acid test will be if he keeps ETH.
keeping him on next season and it’s all been a waste of time

Unread 24-12-2023, 07:35 PM
ZiggyStardust

I don’t know how any Utd fan can’t at least be cautiously optimistic about this deal
Sure we’d all love the Glazer’s completely purged from the club but let’s be honest the only aspect of the club we actually care about is the football side of the club and Ratcliffe has gained full control of that

The structure being proposed and personnel in key positions being put forward can only be viewed positively
Whether it will turn us around or not only time will tell but finally we’re getting top class experienced people into these key positions of the club’s football operation

This isn’t an impossible job and we’re not cursed as a club, the mess we find ourselves in is the result of years of bad decisions
If we start to make good decisions then this will slowly start to turn around

Unread 24-12-2023, 07:41 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado
Hold on. Just watching BBC News and their reporter outside the ground has said the first thing that will happen will be a £200 investment in the ground. Don’t think that will even get the ladders to fix the roof.
Not if Murtough's buying the ladders. £99 at Wickes and that @#%&! would insist on paying a grand for them.

Unread 24-12-2023, 07:50 PM
Neo

Lightbulb

Not official until the hot scarf shot IMO.

Unread 24-12-2023, 08:07 PM
Jack Duckworth

Football

It's got to be a good thing. More money for players and better expertise behind the scenes.

He's no mug, and he's not going to pay all that money to not have an influence. Much better than being state-owned, imo.

Welcome, Sir James

Unread 24-12-2023, 08:09 PM
tatty

Avram, Joel, Jimmy and Big Graham Potter.

We're BACK!

Unread 24-12-2023, 08:19 PM
red in cumbria

You will never accept him, we get this

Unread 24-12-2023, 08:26 PM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
Hope he brings back greenwood!

the acid test will be if he keeps ETH.
keeping him on next season and it’s all been a waste of time
10h + mason + licha - rashford - martial - sancho - maguire - The Scottish Player + summer warchest = back

Unread 24-12-2023, 08:54 PM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
Trawlers Limited will be issued additional Class A and Class B shares at $33.00 in respect of such investment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
The Brighton of the north

Unread 24-12-2023, 09:27 PM
Dr Stranger

It’s nobody’s first choice, but it’s better than nothing. Something we all would have welcomed two years ago, but not one year ago.

The Glazers don’t want to sell and have what they want, but that doesn’t meant we can’t benefit too.

Absolutely paramount is having somebody running football operations who actually cares about excellence and standards. I think we have that.

As long as the glazers have majority control of the club, I have my doubts and it has the potential to be a vague cluster£#%&!, but anything that reduces the Glazers control of the club is largely positive

An awful lot of work starts now

Unread 24-12-2023, 09:51 PM
Surfers do Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
It’s nobody’s first choice, but it’s better than nothing. Something we all would have welcomed two years ago, but not one year ago.

The Glazers don’t want to sell and have what they want, but that doesn’t meant we can’t benefit too.

Absolutely paramount is having somebody running football operations who actually cares about excellence and standards. I think we have that.

As long as the glazers have majority control of the club, I have my doubts and it has the potential to be a vague cluster£#%&!, but anything that reduces the Glazers control of the club is largely positive

An awful lot of work starts now
Decent summary

Unread 24-12-2023, 10:11 PM
Stickman

I’m in the not arsed camp until we hear from him.