United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-02-2010, 03:30 PM
Appletango

He is fairly quick, can put in a good cross and works out.

He doesn't have many tricks or rarely beats a man.

I quite like him though, certainly never gonna be a Ronaldo but a good player in his own right.

Unread 24-02-2010, 03:31 PM
Firswood Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
in the league he has 9, equal with lennon and drogba.

to compare, Nani has played 844 minutes and has 5 assists.

Valencia has played 1954 and has 9.

Before Everton/West Ham Valencia had played 1784 minutes and had 6 assists.

Nani gets way too much stick vs Valencia.

Giggs has played 1207 minutes and got 11 assists.
Nani's 3rd season here, not really shown that much improvement since his first Arsenal away aside

Unread 24-02-2010, 03:31 PM
helmet

The whole assists thing is a bit misleading imo view. Both of Valencia's assists were only possible because of Berbs' quality passes.

How far do you take it back to determine who had a crucial role in the goal?

Unread 24-02-2010, 03:32 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Body language, his interview last week saying certain players weren't doing their jobs (clearly nani), a few different things.
That ok for you?

Unread 24-02-2010, 03:33 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
although I love valencia's running ability and crossing, it gets irritating when he just kicks the ball and runs behind it to beat a man.

It will work against your spectors, but I am not sure he will ever be useful against a team with good fulbacks since he won't beat his man and he doesn't cross from deep.
:shakehead:

Unread 24-02-2010, 03:33 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth

Unread 24-02-2010, 03:49 PM
borsuk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
although I love valencia's running ability and crossing, it gets irritating when he just kicks the ball and runs behind it to beat a man.
good point. stop beating your man antonio, you £#%&!wit

Quote:
It will work against your spectors, but I am not sure he will ever be useful against a team with good fulbacks since he won't beat his man and he doesn't cross from deep.
right you are

Unread 24-02-2010, 03:54 PM
shadowplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
valencia is everything that is wrong with our midfield at the moment.

just screaming 'average' imo.

What a well-thought out and balanced view from the forum's expert - who, it should be noted, said we'd barely able to score more than 4 goals in a game this season. Do one, pin-dick.

Unread 24-02-2010, 04:02 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
he is just a average winger.
decent cross, can run with the ball but has absolutely no variation to his play and has no 'guile'.

Unread 24-02-2010, 04:07 PM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletango
He doesn't have many tricks or rarely beats a man.
I disagree. He may or may not have many 'tricks' as you put it but he does regularly beat his man. Perhaps not by megging him and skipping past him but he often gets himself half a yard and swings in a telling cross. That's all that's required half the time.

None of this fanny around with checking back on yourself three times, a step over followed by a 10 yard pass back towards the full back. No nonsense and direct which is what centre forwards want.

Unread 24-02-2010, 04:08 PM
captain scarlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth

Unread 24-02-2010, 04:10 PM
shadowplay

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
I disagree. He may or may not have many 'tricks' as you put it but he does regularly beat his man. Perhaps not by megging him and skipping past him but he often gets himself half a yard and swings in a telling cross. That's all that's required half the time.

None of this fanny around with checking back on yourself three times, a step over followed by a 10 yard pass back towards the full back. No nonsense and direct which is what centre forwards want.

Good post, mate.

Sometimes he is prone to being a bit predictable; he's very one footed, and at times he takes an extra unneeded touch, but generally I think he has been excellent for us. He'll continue to improve, too.

Unread 24-02-2010, 04:13 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2

1. Body language,
2. his interview last week saying certain players weren't doing their jobs (clearly nani),
3. a few different things.

That ok for you?
1. care to expand beyond some huffing and puffing? every footballer in the world pulls their face when the ball doesn't reach them. doesn't mean they 'hate' them. otherwise rooney also hates berbatov, ferguson, park, most of the squad really. definitely hated wes at one point last night.

2. he said people not players. then went straight onto the yellow card he got as a result..

3. so no other things?

Unread 24-02-2010, 04:23 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay
Good post, mate.

Sometimes he is prone to being a bit predictable; he's very one footed, and at times he takes an extra unneeded touch, but generally I think he has been excellent for us. He'll continue to improve, too.
Witness his fresh air shot with his left peg on the edge of the 6 yard box last night

Unread 24-02-2010, 04:37 PM
Appletango

Quote:

That was the point I was trying to make tbh.

Unread 24-02-2010, 04:41 PM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletango
That was the point I was trying to make tbh.
That old chestnut

Unread 24-02-2010, 04:45 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Witness his fresh air shot with his left peg on the edge of the 6 yard box last night
At least he tried to use it.
I'm a big fan of his, people often forget that he is still pretty young and will undoubtedly improve here.

Unread 24-02-2010, 04:47 PM
PaulParkers

He did have a shot last night with his swinger when he cut inside and drew a save from the keeper. Nearly fell over on the follow through though.

Unread 24-02-2010, 04:52 PM
Appletango

Quote:
That old chestnut

Unread 24-02-2010, 05:07 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
1. care to expand beyond some huffing and puffing? every footballer in the world pulls their face when the ball doesn't reach them. doesn't mean they 'hate' them. otherwise rooney also hates berbatov, ferguson, park, most of the squad really. definitely hated wes at one point last night.

2. he said people not players. then went straight onto the yellow card he got as a result..

3. so no other things?
Its just my opinion gf, if you don't like it tough shite i'm afraid.
Closed Thread