United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-01-2010, 10:51 PM
The Stella Fella

Default Re: Gary Neville .....

FFS - if Tevez had run over to those slagging Nev off and celebrated that goal in front of you - what would you have done??? waved, clapped or give him shit/abuse???

Perhaps opens his mouth once to often but his is and always will be a true red through and through. Part of Utd's most successful period. NFT comment

Unread 22-01-2010, 10:56 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
FFS - if Tevez had run over to those slagging Nev off and celebrated that goal in front of you - what would you have done??? waved, clapped or give him shit/abuse???

Perhaps opens his mouth once to often but his is and always will be a true red through and through. Part of Utd's most successful period. NFT comment
I know. If he'd run over to most of us like that you'd probably need holding back ffs. The next thread will be about Berba or Valencia not showing enough emotion

Unread 22-01-2010, 10:59 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed81
I know. If he'd run over to most of us like that you'd probably need holding back ffs. The next thread will be about Berba or Valencia not showing enough emotion
well thats certainly true of Berba!!

TBH not enough emotion shown by some of them - Tevez wanted to put one over us - we wanted to smile/laugh and joke with him on the pitch (giggs/evra) friends off the pitch enemies on it (even if you are the sub!!)

Unread 22-01-2010, 11:40 PM
dunk

Wait, so, the memory of G.Nev that sticks out for some on here is his 'almost' head butting of Mcmanaman and saying a few stupid things in the press?

Not him bleeding from the foot but refusing to leave the field at Anfield?

Not Celebrating, grabbing the badge in front of the scousers at OT?

To name just 2 things.

£#%&! me, the mind boggles.

United fans today

Unread 22-01-2010, 11:46 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

United fans today

1 Ryan Giggs 1991–present 825 152
2 Bobby Charlton 1956–1973 758 249
3 Bill Foulkes 1952–1970 688 9
4 Paul Scholes 1994–present 625 145
5 Gary Neville 1992–present 584 7
6 Alex Stepney 1966–1978 539 2
7 Tony Dunne 1960–1973 535 2
8 Denis Irwin 1990–2002 529 33
9 Joe Spence 1919–1933 510 168
10 Arthur Albiston 1974–1988 485 7

agreed - scholesy scares the shit out of me often these days, but i don't think some people realise somehow how some players and these times fit in the over scheme of things at United

Unread 22-01-2010, 11:56 PM
MIFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf
Gary Neville is a jumped up @#%&!. An absolute embarrassment to United.
:shakehead: Pathetic.

Unread 22-01-2010, 11:59 PM
Switching Off

Cant believe people are slating Neville tbh. You'd have thought that dedicating yourself to United for your whole career, being one of the best in your position in the world at your peak would be good enough :shakehead:

Unread 23-01-2010, 12:04 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
i don't think some people realise somehow how some players and these times fit in the over scheme of things at United
I also don't think a lot of the Euro Boy/Youtube scouts realise how important it is to have people at the Club like Nev, Scholesy, Giggsy, Wes & co who really understand what the Club means & what standards you have to reach to have a career at United.

When those lads finally hang up their boots there'll be a HUGE void left.

Unread 23-01-2010, 12:27 AM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I also don't think a lot of the Euro Boy/Youtube scouts realise how important it is to have people at the Club like Nev, Scholesy, Giggsy, Wes & co who really understand what the Club means & what standards you have to reach to have a career at United.

When those lads finally hang up their boots there'll be a HUGE void left.
You don't understand the importance of signing expensive fashionable players who'll nob off the minute Real Madrid comes looking. This isn't the 80's you know. Get with the program blad.

Unread 23-01-2010, 12:50 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Wait, so, the memory of G.Nev that sticks out for some on here is his 'almost' head butting of Mcmanaman and saying a few stupid things in the press?

Not him bleeding from the foot but refusing to leave the field at Anfield?

Not Celebrating, grabbing the badge in front of the scousers at OT?

To name just 2 things.

£#%&! me, the mind boggles.

United fans today
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Cant believe people are slating Neville tbh. You'd have thought that dedicating yourself to United for your whole career, being one of the best in your position in the world at your peak would be good enough :shakehead:
Word.

He's been a legend for us.He's finished now, but lets not start calling him, ffs:shakehead:

Unread 23-01-2010, 01:36 AM
originalhogg

This thread's comments, has been an utter embarrassment, wont find many like gazza nev, one of a few players now in the game, who speaks his mind. In this era of dull cliched footballers with there robotic interview techniques, he comes across completely different to that.

Unread 09-09-2010, 11:41 PM
borsuk

£#%&!ing hell :shakehead:

Unread 09-09-2010, 11:54 PM
taff

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...-united-career

Quote:
"I turned round during training one morning and said 'I have three games to go at Manchester United'," said Neville. "I had not spoken to the club and I genuinely felt it could be the last three weeks.
i bet he's like one of the birds in big brother..."i'm definitely going this week, none of you have anything to worry about", "i won't be here next week, i mean it's OK, i'm fine with it", "don't bother retiring scholesy, it'll be me, i'm going"

Unread 09-09-2010, 11:58 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...-united-career

i bet he's like one of the birds in big brother..."i'm definitely going this week, none of you have anything to worry about", "i won't be here next week, i mean it's OK, i'm fine with it", "don't bother retiring scholesy, it'll be me, i'm going"
He's a bit of an old woman at times, always been a bit of a gobshite, but comes across as honest and says what he thinks, the mentality and experience those three bring to the squad in terms of being 'united' is £#%&!ing invaluable, they need to be involved in some way, shape or form for as long as possible.

Unread 10-09-2010, 12:27 AM
Spiffy

Gary Neville has been a great servant for the club and he has been instrumental in us winning trophies. The rapport he had with Beckham on the pitch was fantastic. We will certainly miss him when he's gone.

Let's drop this "he speaks his mind" shite. He doesn't, unless he thinks the Glazers are nothing to worry about. He would have been one who you may have expected to say something but he's said £#%&! all.

Unread 10-09-2010, 02:54 AM
Barcabal

Top Red, Red Nev is.

Unread 10-09-2010, 02:56 AM
ScarFace

why did we re-sign him? what injury has he got this £#%&!ing time? He's been injured since 06

Unread 10-09-2010, 03:01 AM
Barcabal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
why did we re-sign him? what injury has he got this £#%&!ing time? He's been injured since 06
Hes £#%&!ed I think. But do you reckon Fergie likes him having around? He'll always be at Utd in some capacity and I think, Fergie will see to that.

Great Servants deserve being looked after.

I still cant believe his home got turned down thou, the tight @#%&!s!!

update on his injury
http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/englan...medium=twitter

Unread 10-09-2010, 03:07 AM
Stickman

Quote:
07 actually.

Unread 10-09-2010, 05:18 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
why did we re-sign him?
to annoy the living piss out of @#%&!s like you
Closed Thread