United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-02-2010, 09:28 PM
tatty

Default Re: Michael Owen

If Owen can't do it this season when he's playing for his last WC then he'll be next to worthless next year when he's nothing to play for except a club he despises.

Unread 28-02-2010, 09:28 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

I've never understood why he gets so much criticism. I think its funny more than anything that he doesnt care about Liverpool, he's happy to jump ship over to us, and he's even said he'd happily celebrate if he scored against them. Don't really see much wrong with him to be honest.

Unread 28-02-2010, 09:29 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
If Owen can't do it this season when he's playing for his last WC then he'll be next to worthless next year when he's nothing to play for except a club he despises.
Thats nonsense too, he was bloody delighted when he signed for us. Also, hes about 10 goals away from breaking the England goalscoring record, he'd probably take any england cap he could to get nearer to that.

Unread 28-02-2010, 09:37 PM
shadowplay

I think he's alright and I'd keep him on next season.

Don't like his past, but he's happy to be here and has done his best when given the chance.

Unread 01-03-2010, 01:06 AM
wiganste

Played well today until his inevitable injury

Unread 01-03-2010, 01:13 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Played well today until his inevitable injury
He said in his post match interview thats the first injury he;s had at united

Unread 01-03-2010, 01:43 AM
Spiffy

I can't understand how people can hate Owen but yet most seemed to warm towards Alan Smith. Owen has never slated us, Smith did. Owen scored in a cup final for us, got a hat-trick in Europe and scored the winner in the derby. Not bad considering he rarely gets a game and is 'shit'. We need a decent striker who will sit on the bench and do the business when we play him so we can rest Rooney. He was free and I really can't think of anyone who we could get who would sit on the bench and not moan like £#%&!.

Unread 01-03-2010, 02:03 AM
Gruber

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay
I think he's alright and I'd keep him on next season.

Don't like his past, but he's happy to be here and has done his best when given the chance.
Sums it up perfectly for me

Unread 01-03-2010, 02:20 AM
Rhodzy

Looked pretty good today before he got injured.

Unread 01-03-2010, 03:36 AM
Gorilla Monsoon

How things could have been different, If his hamstring didnt go, he would have been through one on one, might have scored that, then the papers today would be all about Owen and his two goals, 'BRING HIM BACK FABIO' etc. Seems a bit unlucky.

Unread 01-03-2010, 03:39 AM
Alan

He looked sharp until he did his hamstring, and actually links better with mr.flicks than Rooney does.

I'd like to see him play with Rooney a few times, but mr.flicks needs putting in the shop window I suppose so it's not going to happen.

Unread 01-03-2010, 03:51 AM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
He looked sharp until he did his hamstring, and actually links better with mr.flicks than Rooney does.

I'd like to see him play with Rooney a few times, but mr.flicks needs putting in the shop window I suppose so it's not going to happen.
If 'Mr Flicks' plays that every game im fine with him staying to be honest.

Unread 01-03-2010, 04:01 AM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPaz
You sound like Wenger

He was an icon of the dippers, that enough to say thanks but no thanks
ooooookay.

Unread 01-03-2010, 05:03 AM
Sandman

Fergie was saying in the papers yesterday that he will definitely be here next season, so anyone hoping he will be gone in the summer can forget about it.

Unread 01-03-2010, 06:20 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
How things could have been different, If his hamstring didnt go, he would have been through one on one, might have scored that, then the papers today would be all about Owen and his two goals, 'BRING HIM BACK FABIO' etc. Seems a bit unlucky.
Don't think he would have scored there tbf. Was being pushed onto his left foot, and a bit too far out for that outside of the foot prod he beat Given with.

Unread 01-03-2010, 10:47 AM
zzalsar3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
How things could have been different, If his hamstring didnt go, he would have been through one on one, might have scored that, then the papers today would be all about Owen and his two goals, 'BRING HIM BACK FABIO' etc.
Its not too hard to imagine that being the case. Its a thin line indeed.
Closed Thread