United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-12-2016, 11:16 PM
redhegemony

Default Refereeing

Really poor at the moment - think the game is too fast for one referee. Awful decisions in our cup game, city game and spurs game. The deli Ali penalty was an absolute joke but Kane was 2 yards off side for one goal as was Sanchez.

Unread 03-12-2016, 11:46 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Really poor at the moment - think the game is too fast for one referee. Awful decisions in our cup game, city game and spurs game. The deli Ali penalty was an absolute joke but Kane was 2 yards off side for one goal as was Sanchez.
That fat %@#$&! Jon Moss is as bad a top flight referee as I can remember.

Seems to make £#%&! ups every time I watch games he refs.

Unread 03-12-2016, 11:47 PM
forzagarza

Agreed. The referee needs a couple of assistants IMO

Unread 04-12-2016, 12:00 AM
jem

they need video review and relegation. they should also have to face the press and be humiliated.

Unread 04-12-2016, 12:25 AM
Bunker Buster

Leave it as it is....

Evens itself out. Always

Unread 04-12-2016, 02:10 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
they need video review and relegation. they should also have to face the press and be humiliated.
I think post match interviews would actually help them in some cases.

Some of them would get absolutely buried too which would be fun to watch.

Unread 04-12-2016, 11:34 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Leave it as it is....

Evens itself out. Always
There is this but they seem to be making howlers that suggests they aren't in the right place. That Delli Ali penalty was an absolute joke.

Unread 04-12-2016, 11:43 AM
lenin

I've never really bought into the "they even themself out" theory. We're still owed for, off the top of my head, the Drogba offside goal, the pisstake Nani sending off vs Madrid, the joke penalty Liverpool got in the Europa league, Rafael sending off/penalty combo vs Leicester, an unbelievable number of good penalty shouts we never got over the past four years.... not that I'm counting

Unread 04-12-2016, 11:50 AM
jem

Quote:
Leave it as it is....

Evens itself out. Always
it's not true, but it's also not much of an argument for not improving srandards that at least they are consistently shit.

Unread 04-12-2016, 11:52 AM
redhegemony

How did McLean only get a yellow and the other bloke a red?

Clattenburg missed a clear elbow..

Unread 04-12-2016, 11:53 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Jon Moss.

Same referee as the West Ham game last Sunday. Couldn't wait to book Pogba.

Anyone see the Forrest/Barcodes on Friday, dreadful referee.

Unread 04-12-2016, 11:58 AM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenin
I've never really bought into the "they even themself out" theory. We're still owed for, off the top of my head, the Drogba offside goal, the pisstake Nani sending off vs Madrid, the joke penalty Liverpool got in the Europa league, Rafael sending off/penalty combo vs Leicester, an unbelievable number of good penalty shouts we never got over the past four years.... not that I'm counting
The Drogba one was a joke but Chelsea would have probably won that game without it anyway. Our consolation goal was handball by macheda.
The worst one was Scholes offside v Porto.

We've had plenty of decisions go our way over the years though

Unread 04-12-2016, 12:28 PM
believe

Quote:
Leave it as it is....

Evens itself out. Always
I agree with this to an extent but he fact that referees are still not held accountable for their mistakes is a bit weird. The weekend of the Valencia penalty claim, there were 5 or 6 similar incidents in which half were given and half weren't, nearly of which were the wrong decision.

There aren't many other professions where you could make so many costly mistakes and get away with it.

Unread 04-12-2016, 12:34 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I agree with this to an extent but he fact that referees are still not held accountable for their mistakes is a bit weird. The weekend of the Valencia penalty claim, there were 5 or 6 similar incidents in which half were given and half weren't, nearly of which were the wrong decision.

There aren't many other professions where you could make so many costly mistakes and get away with it.
yep. you can criticise the prime minister, the queen etc with impunity, but players and managers get fined tens of thousands of pounds for criticising refs. it's bizarre.

remember when making them full-time professionals was supposed to improve their instant decision making?

Unread 04-12-2016, 12:49 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78
The Drogba one was a joke but Chelsea would have probably won that game without it anyway. Our consolation goal was handball by macheda.
Probably. But another costly error for us was at Stamford Bridge that season - their winning goal came from a free kick that shouldn't have been given.

Unread 04-12-2016, 12:55 PM
Bunker Buster

You should be able to criticise them but they do have a very hard job...

They are the flip side to a heart surgeon...

Making decisions in a split second over decision on an op table taking hours..

Both hurt if they go wrong.

Unread 04-12-2016, 01:14 PM
believe

Quote:
You should be able to criticise them but they do have a very hard job...

They are the flip side to a heart surgeon...

Making decisions in a split second over decision on an op table taking hours..

Both hurt if they go wrong.
There is a simple answer, which is video refs for absolute 50/50 decisions only. Would be one or two a game max, even let teams have two calls a game.

Unread 04-12-2016, 02:16 PM
Tumescent Throb

they're so bad it means they can get away with choosing whether or not to take action without anyone apparently questioning them. except mourinho, obviously

Unread 04-12-2016, 02:20 PM
LFOD

like teachers , they are reviewed by their own. nothing gets better. terrible week in and week out. they judge but aren't subject to it when needed.

Unread 04-12-2016, 02:41 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78
The worst one was Scholes offside v Porto.

We've had plenty of decisions go our way over the years though
against chelsea, I would call it 10-1 in their favour. although I can't think of one that went our way. including the macheda "handball". soz.
Closed Thread