United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-08-2009, 12:13 PM
koppas

Red face Has anyone else's passion for the game dwindled over the past couple of years?

Mine has.

Unread 20-08-2009, 12:14 PM
dunk

No. I kind of wish it £#%&!ing would though.

Unread 20-08-2009, 12:15 PM
Ginners

yup definitely, i used to watch every game possible, be it championship, la liga, seria a, but i dont even watch premiership games that often now. watching the premier league years on sky from the early-mid 90's it was so much better, not sure why though.

Unread 20-08-2009, 12:17 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
yup definitely, i used to watch every game possible, be it championship, la liga, seria a, but i dont even watch premiership games that often now. watching the premier league years on sky from the early-mid 90's it was so much better, not sure why though.
Agree with that.

Maybe you lose the passion for it as you get older as I used to get more excited a few years ago than I do now. Don't get me wrong, still peak hard when we won the Champions League etc but the coverage is so much, and so great, it just gets boring.

Unread 20-08-2009, 12:19 PM
Spiffy

Michael Carrick and Owen Hargreaves has. So has all City's recent signings.

Unread 20-08-2009, 12:19 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Agree with that.

Maybe you lose the passion for it as you get older as I used to get more excited a few years ago than I do now. Don't get me wrong, still peak hard when we won the Champions League etc but the coverage is so much, and so great, it just gets boring.
Age is a factor. I think also some of us may be suffering from winning fatigue like in 2001. The same may be said for the players too though

Unread 20-08-2009, 12:20 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
Yeah me too, only bother watching United now.

Unread 20-08-2009, 12:20 PM
treb

Angry

Yes, so much that I got rid of my season ticket this season!

Unread 20-08-2009, 12:21 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by treb
Yes, so much that I got rid of my season ticket this season!
Where have you been you midget? Not seen you for ages.

Unread 20-08-2009, 12:22 PM
armchair

Only after defeats.

Unread 20-08-2009, 12:25 PM
treb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Where have you been you midget? Not seen you for ages.
Not been doing anything of any real interest to be honest,

Unread 20-08-2009, 12:26 PM
Marlon Van Baron

Not so much dwindled for the game in general, I still watch any football on TV.

My passion for going to United has definately dropped, I was adament last year was going to be my last for my ST. Unfortunately I continued & am already regretting it, this year will definately be my last. Stupid KO times has spoilt it for me, I don't even bother anymore with those £#%&!y 5:15 KO's.

Unread 20-08-2009, 12:27 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Mine has.
As a rule yes with the Glazers and all but after watching the Panathanikos Athletico game last night I realised what a great game football actually is.

Unread 20-08-2009, 12:27 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Only after defeats.
It isn't because we lost. It's just a fact. The price of it is now ridiculous, the coverage is tedious, players come and go like a revolving door, always the same teams winning the same competitions. Zzzzzz. Just think you realise there is more to life than football.

Unread 20-08-2009, 12:28 PM
forzagarza

He's shit but then hip hop has been shit across the board for years.

Unread 20-08-2009, 12:29 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Mine has.
JCL @#%&!.

Unread 20-08-2009, 12:32 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
JCL @#%&!.

Unread 20-08-2009, 12:33 PM
Zorg

I love watching any football, it's still every bit as brilliant, but the Premiership match-going experience stopped being fun for me years ago. We all know the reasons, there's no point going into them all again, but suffice it to say I was at BPA v FC on Monday night and although we were shit - 3-0 down at half time - I had an absolute whale of a time and my throat is still sore.

That's what it's about for me, you can keep your fireworks, atmosphere-destroying music and idiots with no idea who pretend to care because it's fashionable.

Unread 20-08-2009, 12:35 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
We got beat last night and now you're £#%&!ed off with football?

Didn't hear you complaining last season.

United would be better off without "supporters" like you imo.

Unread 20-08-2009, 12:36 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
We got beat last night and now you're £#%&!ed off with football?

Didn't hear you complaining last season.

United would be better off without "supporters" like you imo.
He did say 'over the past couple of years', not 'since yesterday'.
Closed Thread