United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Who do you want to buy us?
Sir Jim 49 74.24%
Oil nation 5 7.58%
Apple 5 7.58%
Amazon 4 6.06%
A.N. Other 3 4.55%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 18-01-2023, 09:40 AM
programmes?

Big Jim for me. United fan, has the money, knows how to run a business, won't bleed the club dry. Run correctly, United pays for itself with a tidy profit.

Don't want any sportswashing oil country near the club. Why just jump in with every other club that has done it? There are better, more moral ways to run a club than simply pouring money from a backward country into it.

Unread 18-01-2023, 09:49 AM
Travis Bickle

Sir Jim. United fan, football fan. Maybe with him heading some consortium (that does not include Hamilton) in order to gain extra funds for investment.

Unread 18-01-2023, 09:54 AM
Stickman

Sir Ian Sir Ian Sir Ian

Unread 18-01-2023, 11:16 AM
rustling jimmies

Oil nation, the only people who spend without a care and seem to let their managers get on with it

Unread 18-01-2023, 11:21 AM
Whip Hubley

Anyone not voting big Jim must be a wum

Unread 18-01-2023, 11:29 AM
My Name is Heath

Big Jim

ideally in a consortium with The Rock, Amazon and Conor McGregor

Screw the oil nations

I read that there are some trillionaire oil families in Saudi

A million is 11 days
A billion is 31 years
A trillion is 31 thousand years.

Mental

Come on Big Jim. What you’ll gain in kudos will be incalculable.

Unread 18-01-2023, 11:45 AM
puressence

beckham will be involved somewhere

Unread 18-01-2023, 11:48 AM
20LEgend1999

Sir Big Jim for me, I think

Unread 18-01-2023, 12:05 PM
Parlabane

Quote:
Originally Posted by programmes?
Big Jim for me. United fan, has the money, knows how to run a business, won't bleed the club dry. Run correctly, United pays for itself with a tidy profit.

Don't want any sportswashing oil country near the club. Why just jump in with every other club that has done it? There are better, more moral ways to run a club than simply pouring money from a backward country into it.
Think this is where i am with it

The allure of unlimited spending power seems great right now but anything we win from that point on becomes worthless like having a cheat mode - we've slated City for this in the past.

Someone who runs the club professionally with a clear and stated aim that the football is the only thing that matters, makes funds available to the manager whilst investing in the infrastructure of the club would be perfect

As others have said we generate sufficient money to compete and as long as no debt is attached to the club we would be wholly self sufficient and not reliant upon the whim of some dubious state.

Unread 18-01-2023, 12:28 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane
Think this is where i am with it

The allure of unlimited spending power seems great right now but anything we win from that point on becomes worthless like having a cheat mode - we've slated City for this in the past.

Someone who runs the club professionally with a clear and stated aim that the football is the only thing that matters, makes funds available to the manager whilst investing in the infrastructure of the club would be perfect

As others have said we generate sufficient money to compete and as long as no debt is attached to the club we would be wholly self sufficient and not reliant upon the whim of some dubious state.
Definitely this. We don't need a sugar daddy, we just need to be able to spend the money the club generates on the club, not have it syphoned out by a bunch of leeches.

Imagine how good beating a bunch of oil money funded clubs to the league title would feel.

Unread 18-01-2023, 12:43 PM
Joe Biden

Sancho and elanga will love it there

Unread 18-01-2023, 01:20 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
That's nice of them to come out and say that.

Wonder if Jim'll really be the man to fix ot.

Unread 18-01-2023, 01:51 PM
RedNick80

Quite fancy Nice as a 2nd team.

Unread 18-01-2023, 02:39 PM
Dasilvatwins

Anyone who is interested in putting the club first and wanting to make Manchester United the best again without undermining our historic values, using youth, developing young players, playing attractive football etc

It’s a given that new owners shouldn’t take dividends or add debt to the club

Unread 18-01-2023, 03:01 PM
Ethers

This was his ‘strategy’ for Chelsea, as someone posted in the other thread. Presume it would be much the same for United.

“ We’re not interested in making money out of Chelsea,” Ratcliffe told the BBC. “Can we run that club really, really well and turn it into one of the finest clubs in Europe? That’s our ambition with Chelsea. We make lots of money in chemicals, we don’t need to make money out of (Chelsea). We don’t think of it as a financial asset.”

Unread 18-01-2023, 03:14 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
This was his ‘strategy’ for Chelsea, as someone posted in the other thread. Presume it would be much the same for United.

“ We’re not interested in making money out of Chelsea,” Ratcliffe told the BBC. “Can we run that club really, really well and turn it into one of the finest clubs in Europe? That’s our ambition with Chelsea. We make lots of money in chemicals, we don’t need to make money out of (Chelsea). We don’t think of it as a financial asset.”
Exactly, the club is worth much more as a successful brand than it is as a cash machine.

Unread 18-01-2023, 03:34 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

Carlsberg don't do owners....

i'd be £#%&!ing gutted if it was oil money that bought us now. the fact that they've publicly joined the race though is very, very good news.

Unread 18-01-2023, 03:49 PM
programmes?

How would you feel about the club being mortgaged again by BJR, but the team having as much spent on it as FFP-ably possible? You know, not the bare minimum spent to have a chance at top 4 every season, but real investment in the team. I think this is the way it will go. New owner, same debt, but more emphasis on creating a winning team, rather than a cash-cow also-ran club.

Unread 18-01-2023, 03:52 PM
armchair

The fracker wins by a landslide.

Unread 18-01-2023, 04:41 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80
Quite fancy Nice as a 2nd team.
Gorgeous city to be fair.
Closed Thread