United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-10-2022, 06:43 AM
believe

Football Whisper it 2022/23

We could be fourth after the weekend and only Arsenal with a big gap who will definitely hit a rough patch sooner or later.

World Cup might have a detrimental effect but move Ronaldo on in January and get a decent forward and who knows….

Unread 14-01-2023, 05:58 PM
believe

Shameless bump. Spurs win tomorrow and I’m on the ON train.

Unread 14-01-2023, 06:02 PM
suedeshoes

We're going to win it.

Unread 14-01-2023, 06:23 PM
Curtis

If we get a result against arsenal then there's no two ways about it, we're in the fight.

Unread 14-01-2023, 06:34 PM
MagnificentSeven

after today, it is ON...for arsenal, that is. theirs to lose.

that said, 2nd is very much a realistic possibility. that, and winning a cup (we have a incredible chance of the league cup at least) would make for a very satisfying season. and then afterwards, who knows?

Unread 14-01-2023, 06:47 PM
Ethers

Only team left in 4 competitions. Impressive.

Unread 14-01-2023, 06:50 PM
Hyman_Roth

Already surpassed my wildest expectations to be within a point of city. Beat Arsenal and we have a chance. Ensuring city don’t win it will be nice even if we can’t.

A cup win feels very onny.

Unread 14-01-2023, 06:54 PM
Pop

Top 2 finish would be lovely, Europa League win is a must - would bloody love to see Utd head out to the Nou Camp next month and hand Barca their arses for starters.

Unread 14-01-2023, 06:56 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Only team left in 4 competitions. Impressive.
Do you think he will go full strength against Forrest in the league cup?

Maybe the likes of dalot/wan bissaka and Fred/Casemiro can switch. I actually think he will play a strong side. Our biggest obstacle now is number of games and if we can keep everyone fit playing at 100%

Unread 14-01-2023, 06:56 PM
Joe Biden

Don't think we've got the squad to push arsenal and probably City to the end and keep going in the cups. Need to £#%&! the europa off, play a second/ third strength team against Barcelona.

Unread 14-01-2023, 07:20 PM
Arnold Muhren

Arsenal lose tomorrow and my giddyometer will definitely start twitching. We are only a couple of injuries from it all going to shit though (Rashford/Bruno/Eriksen). I’ll take it though, certainly after the first two games of the season!

Unread 14-01-2023, 07:21 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
Don't think we've got the squad to push arsenal and probably City to the end and keep going in the cups. Need to £#%&! the europa off, play a second/ third strength team against Barcelona.
Play full strength against Barcelona but if we get kicked out it’s not as bad . We don’t have the depth to challenge for 4 trophies and i much rather focus on the league and domestic cups.

Unread 14-01-2023, 07:23 PM
andyroo

Unread 14-01-2023, 07:26 PM
pedr0

Would you rather arsenal or spurs win tomorrow?

Arsenal win and it leaves us a nice cushion to 5th. Spurs win and we have a sniff of a title race...

Unread 14-01-2023, 07:28 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0

Arsenal win and it leaves us a nice cushion to 5th. Spurs win and we have a sniff of a title race...
Spurs all day long.

Unread 14-01-2023, 07:28 PM
Joe Biden

What do you win for finishing 4th? Or course we want a spurs win ffs.

Unread 14-01-2023, 07:29 PM
believe

Quote:

Mmm 5th or title race….5th or title race…..it’s a head scratcher.

Unread 14-01-2023, 07:30 PM
Knockers

I am absolutely £#%&!ing battered. Am having a little sumpin sumpin at 8pm I’ve had in the sock drawer for a decade.

UNITED.

Unread 14-01-2023, 07:37 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

Spurs. We’re good enough to not need favours from anyone else. We have a lead for a reason. Since those first two horror shows of the season, we’ve been the best team in the league apart from Arsenal.

I don’t think we’ll be serious title contenders, but I’d like us to get as close as we can.

Unread 14-01-2023, 07:49 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Just hope Weghorst adapts well here.

If we had signed a quick, clinical finishers I think we would be right in the title race.

Martial didn't look fit to me today, but he's also been blunted over years and won't fulfil the potential he showed as a 19 year-old imo.

Some big games coming up for us, but then for City and Arsenal too. So long to go but if we can stay close until March, who knows what might happen. City don't look as dominant as they last season, and I think Arsenal's lack of depth might come back to haunt them.
Closed Thread