United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-01-2023, 02:11 PM
Dr Stranger

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
no need for this sort of thread while we ate all so happy!

the thread already exists just go and look at the “ronaldo” thread from last season onwards!

not sure why we are not in the relegation zone without his goals
Agreed. And the Bruno one.

Unread 15-01-2023, 02:22 PM
jem

people slagging off ole in a thread in which you're meant to be holding your hand up? ffs.

martial is clearly not fit. however, I said he didn't make any effort to show for the ball when ederson took it off rashford's feet. the elevated view from behind the united goal shows he actually made a perfect run to find space and be available. the quicker run was not the right run. hanging back slightly was.

Unread 15-01-2023, 03:12 PM
Whip Hubley

Thought AWB was the thickest footballer I'd ever seen, and on a pound for pound basis the worst signing in our history along with Pogba.

He was absolutely immense yesterday and that wasn't a one off performance. He looks like he's actually being coached now, has confidence, and is starting to realise his worth. A few times the old wan would have given the ball away or ballooned it into the stands under pressure but he was completely composed.

ETH is a £#%&!ing wizard.

Unread 15-01-2023, 03:15 PM
Ethers

I was worried about Fred starting yesterday.

Unread 15-01-2023, 03:18 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Thought AWB was the thickest footballer I'd ever seen, and on a pound for pound basis the worst signing in our history along with Pogba.

He was absolutely immense yesterday and that wasn't a one off performance. He looks like he's actually being coached now, has confidence, and is starting to realise his worth. A few times the old wan would have given the ball away or ballooned it into the stands under pressure but he was completely composed.

ETH is a £#%&!ing wizard.
Erased Lukaku from the memory?

Unread 15-01-2023, 03:20 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Erased Lukaku from the memory?
I mean, in his defense he sort of did his job for a bit in terms of scoring goals. A bad signing sure but we've had far worse in terms of p4p.

Di Maria and Pogba probably the worst. Contributed next to nothing. I suppose we got some money back for adm at least.

Unread 15-01-2023, 03:22 PM
Danoli

I questioned whether Casemiro would be a good signing?

My genuine anxiety when he went down in the 90th minute yesterday tells you all you need to know about how wrong I was about signing him.

So glad I was wrong, I adore the man

Unread 15-01-2023, 03:25 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
I mean, in his defense he sort of did his job for a bit in terms of scoring goals. A bad signing sure but we've had far worse in terms of p4p.

Di Maria and Pogba probably the worst. Contributed next to nothing. I suppose we got
some money back for adm at least.
I meant thickest.didnt understand the offside law

Unread 15-01-2023, 04:53 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Think Marls is deffo gonna have to hope his hands up over Rashford and Bruno.

As for me, not much really. Sages gonna sage.
What about creaming your pants over Ronaldo??

Unread 15-01-2023, 04:59 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
I don't think you need to hold your hands up about criticising a player's performances if they were actually playing shite at the time tbh.

Some of the criticism of these players was wholly justified, as evidenced by how some of them are actually playing now.
yes the criticism was justified but i thought we should’ve sold him

thought he was useless when he’s clearly not been coached properly

the sudden improvement in our English contingent shows just how dire the set up has been

Unread 15-01-2023, 06:04 PM
Dr Stranger

I never thought we’d have the guts to go for Erik ten Hag.

Unread 15-01-2023, 06:10 PM
Finport Red

I thought that Joe Biden would eventually tire of his tedious anti-Anthony onslaught but, fair play to him, he’s proved me wrong, tapping away almost constantly through the drool.

Unread 15-01-2023, 09:54 PM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I was worried about Fred starting yesterday.
he's basically fellaini mk 2. a limited player in terms of ability and gets a lot of stick from fans, but always works hard, can be very useful in certain types of games and far from the most deserving of contempt.

Unread 16-01-2023, 12:39 AM
red in cumbria

I was another who thought us re-signing Ronaldo was a terrific move.
Closed Thread