United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-01-2013, 12:14 AM
Mr Castro

This is why I don't watch Match of the Day analysis anymore. Every £#%&!ing one of them is clueless.

Unread 21-01-2013, 12:16 AM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhogg
Thought he was on channel 5??
Think he is for live games - think they were looking to create a diversion from linekar quitting @#%&!ter - get the nation hating Nevin instead!!

Unread 21-01-2013, 12:17 AM
originalhogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
Think he is for live games - think they were looking to create a diversion from linekar quitting @#%&!ter - get the nation hating Nevin instead!!
It looks as if that has happened tbh...

Unread 21-01-2013, 12:26 AM
Wez

A £#%&!ing PAR league on match of the day :shakehead:

Murray youre a @#%&!, ysb

Unread 21-01-2013, 12:30 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
it's blatantly played for as shown by Rooney's immediate appeal

I agree though, it probably is a penalty
I agree it was played for but only in the sense that when you're running to get to a ball first, you can be sure the defender will take you down if you manage to touch it away from him. But that doesn't make it not a foul. And whether or not he appealed for it is of course neither here nor there.

Unread 21-01-2013, 12:32 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I agree it was played for but only in the sense that when you're running to get to a ball first, you can be sure the defender will take you down if you manage to touch it away from him. But that doesn't make it not a foul. And whether or not he appealed for it is of course neither here nor there.
Don't mate. Seriously don't bother.

Unread 21-01-2013, 12:33 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
What was I thinking.

Unread 21-01-2013, 12:54 AM
RyansRug11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
if you want an example of a penalty that wasn't, watch the £#%&!ing chelsea penalty. £#%&!ing cheat.
Absolutely! Nobody seemed to want to pick up on this. They were more concerned with where the covering defenders were and completely missed the fact that Ramires threw himself over the Keeper's outstretched leg!
A blatant dive that seems to have been completely missed

Unread 21-01-2013, 02:17 AM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Always thought he was one of the more intelligent and articulate fruitboilers as well
makes me laugh what passes for an 'intellectual' in football. it probably means he reads the guardian.

Unread 21-01-2013, 02:52 AM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Schoolboy error.

Unread 21-01-2013, 04:01 AM
Harfynn Teuport

We wouldn't have scored a £#%&!ing penalty anyway

Unread 21-01-2013, 05:08 AM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harfynn Teuport
We wouldn't have scored a £#%&!ing penalty anyway
Problem solved if fat f£#%&! waddles in to OT.

Unread 21-01-2013, 07:20 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
makes me laugh what passes for an 'intellectual' in football. it probably means he reads the guardian.
Something like that, yeah. Though I think he has been a bit involved in Scottish politics in the past......

Unread 21-01-2013, 07:30 PM
General Woundwort

Quote:
I think he has been a bit involved in Scottish politics in the past......
LOLZ. That seals it then. Defo not an intellectual.

Unread 21-01-2013, 07:33 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Always thought he was one of the more intelligent and articulate fruitboilers as well
and you are basing this on what exactly...he liked the #@&%!teau Twins (you see what i did there) , had a fringe, read the NME and wore a trench coat during his playing days.....

Unread 21-01-2013, 07:52 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
What was I thinking.
yeah, don't mate

Unread 21-01-2013, 07:57 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
anyone who's watched football will almost certainly have remarked upon appeals as being a tell tale sign one way or the other following comings together such as Rooney kicking Caulker and tumbling over yesterday

I put it to you m'lud that in fact Rooney blatantly played for the contact, that there may well have been enough in it to earn a [professional] penalty, and that Rooney's immediate bounce up and appeal tactic was as a consequence of the general feeling in the United camp that that linesman is a bottling @#%&! when he does United games and wouldn't give it. I further suggest that Rooney's appeal was of the sort that follows a decision going against him, even though barely a second had passed before he was in full-on raging scouse wig-wearing sky-pointer mode

Unread 21-01-2013, 07:59 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Woundwort
LOLZ. That seals it then. Defo not an intellectual.
Good point, actually

Unread 21-01-2013, 08:06 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
anyone who's watched football will almost certainly have remarked upon appeals as being a tell tale sign one way or the other following comings together such as Rooney kicking Caulker and tumbling over yesterday

I put it to you m'lud that in fact Rooney blatantly played for the contact, that there may well have been enough in it to earn a [professional] penalty, and that Rooney's immediate bounce up and appeal tactic was as a consequence of the general feeling in the United camp that that linesman is a bottling @#%&! when he does United games and wouldn't give it. I further suggest that Rooney's appeal was of the sort that follows a decision going against him, even though barely a second had passed before he was in full-on raging scouse wig-wearing sky-pointer mode

Unread 21-01-2013, 08:08 PM
naes_sean

here's the clip if you haven't seen it

16 mins in

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos...united-1-motd/
Closed Thread