United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-02-2022, 07:52 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Nobody will dare front into it on the mainstream media, but it's interesting how little the BLM lot care about animal welfare, btw.

Many of them seem to completely condone kicking the £#%&! out of defenceless pets, judging by the comments on social media.
Agreed, been some right @#%&!s making an unholy show if themselves this week ...

Including this #@&%!.. ..

#PogKick

Unread 11-02-2022, 08:11 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Nobody will dare front into it on the mainstream media, but it's interesting how little the BLM lot care about animal welfare, btw.

Many of them seem to completely condone kicking the £#%&! out of defenceless pets, judging by the comments on social media.
To be fair, smacking your kids about is socially acceptable still going off my recent experiences.

Different cultures. Don’t start me in the homophobia too. Western values aren’t the norm in Africa and that includes animal welfare.

The local SPCA here broke my heart. Perfectly healthy dogs have about 3 days before they are put down. When your leaders destroy the country and the majority are unemployed/unemployable, they really don’t think of giving animals a break other than as guard dogs.

Sick of linking racism to animal abuse. Imagine the abuse Grealish or Maguire woukd have got if they’d done it.

Unread 11-02-2022, 08:19 PM
Chris Quayd

Not sure what is so complicated for the 'is it worse than racism?' crew.

Physically attacking a defenceless animal is worse than saying racist words. Physically attacking a human in a racist attack is worse than attacking an animal.

Unread 11-02-2022, 09:15 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd

Physically attacking a defenceless animal is worse than saying racist words. Physically attacking a human in a racist attack is worse than attacking an animal.
Agree with the above.

I don’t even see why you need to conflate the two.

Put an awkward question to him about a team mate so he decides to trump them by talking about racism. It’s a complete red herring.

Just makes you look like a #@&%! who has missed the point and, unfortunately, also gives fuel to the type of person who likes to talk about “race cards” and “chips on the shoulder”

Unread 11-02-2022, 10:02 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Don’t start me in the homophobia too.
it's been said before. there's some excuse for it in africa, but not in london.

Unread 12-02-2022, 07:53 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd

But this shows why its such a stupid comparison, because it depends on how bad any sort of physical attack is, and what the motive is. The wife has gone through some absolute horror stories with what some people have done to their pets, truly evil things.

But generally, for me, if someone can attack an animal like Zouma did, on camera and laughing about it, then you have to be some sort of twisted £#%&!. I really don't think there's any wiggle room to use ignorance as an excuse in that scenario.

As I mentioned before, Cantona got banned for 9 months after kicking a man that ran to verbally assault him at a time where tensions were running him. Rio was banned for 8 months for missing a drug test. This @#%&! has been filmed laughing while knocking about his little cat multiple times, even getting his kids involved and people think it's all too much that he's lost a bit of money

And no, it's not right that players who racially abuse other players get off so lightly. It never has been OK. But not taking animal abuse seriously because the football authorities are so utterly useless at dealing with racism isn't a positive step forward.

Unread 12-02-2022, 08:38 AM
Crumps

He's an absolute @#%&! and trying to take the heat off the bastard by throwing racism in to it. Well yeah if someone was booting a defenceless person because of their race that would be worse. It doesn't have anything to do with the #@&%! head booting a cat though. Scumbag.

Unread 12-02-2022, 08:45 AM
redhegemony

West Ham made a right dogs dinner of this.

Unread 12-02-2022, 10:01 AM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
West Ham made a right dogs dinner of this.
Hardly a catastrophe though

Unread 12-02-2022, 10:07 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80
Hardly a catastrophe though
They should have [SIZE="1"]catnipped it in the bud sooner.

Unread 12-02-2022, 10:12 AM
My Name is Heath

I’m in some good arguments on Facebook.

People in African countries saying it’s because he is black.

Right now if Maguire dropped an ice cream on his dog we’d be sending him to the gallows ffs.

But seriously worrying how much ingrained victimhood there is in Africa. It really does seem to baffle them he can be a #@&%! despite being black.

95% agree with quayders. Some attacks on animals are way worse than a pissed bloke taking a swing at a black bouncer.

Also hate how talks on racism are always between white (aggressor) and black (victim). There’s a lot of racism all over the world.

Reminds me of this Samoan guy saying he doesn’t like some blacks

Unread 12-02-2022, 06:46 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
I’m in some good arguments on Facebook.

People in African countries saying it’s because he is black.

Right now if Maguire dropped an ice cream on his dog we’d be sending him to the gallows ffs.

But seriously worrying how much ingrained victimhood there is in Africa. It really does seem to baffle them he can be a #@&%! despite being black.

95% agree with quayders. Some attacks on animals are way worse than a pissed bloke taking a swing at a black bouncer.

Also hate how talks on racism are always between white (aggressor) and black (victim). There’s a lot of racism all over the world.

Reminds me of this Samoan guy saying he doesn’t like some blacks

https://youtu.be/4jZwX-wQRqQ
To be fair that Polynesian guy was racist as £#%&!. That's the literal definition of it. To pre-judge someone negatively based off their ethnicity. That's text book racism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
He's an absolute @#%&! and trying to take the heat off the bastard by throwing racism in to it. Well yeah if someone was booting a defenceless person because of their race that would be worse. It doesn't have anything to do with the #@&%! head booting a cat though. Scumbag.
It's very straw man to start a campaign of whataboutery because one of your players got caught torturing an animal on film.

It seems to stem from West Ham fans and players feeling that the criticism of Zouma has been excessive. Well we live an modern world of outrage culture and Zouma gave the mob something to be outraged about - welcome to a little taster of what manchester united have been dealing with for 30 odd years.

Although as i said earlier in the thread, it's extremely hilarious that West Ham fans are getting their knickers in a twist and trying to decide what's an appropriate response to this considering the absolute disgusting treatment they gave david beckham for simply being sent off in a football match for England. Glass houses and all that.

Unread 13-02-2022, 11:13 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
Michail Antonio making a dick of himself.

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...se-than-racism
He's spot on.

Seems the point Antonio made has gone right over the heads of people.

Unread 16-03-2022, 05:12 PM
Arnold Muhren

Prosecution to go ahead

Unread 16-03-2022, 05:13 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Muhren
Prosecution to go ahead
Finally, something to cheer me up.

Unread 16-03-2022, 06:45 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
Yep it’s the police that do and they arent prosecuting so where do we go from here?
This aged well...

Unread 08-04-2022, 12:06 PM
Pop

Unread 08-04-2022, 01:27 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Soon…

Unread 23-05-2022, 01:50 PM
Fat Al

Charged.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61550710