United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-12-2006, 11:01 PM
Tony Spilotro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Good, it means he sets his standards high.
I disagree.

For me the problem with him currently is he truely beleives he is already better/on par with eric etc. I reckon he's been taken in by his own hype, you only have to read a paper or listen to english pundits to see how silly it has got.

I mean about 2 weeks ago steve gerrard described rooney as "The best player in the world" I mean how £#%&!in laughable is that

Unread 17-12-2006, 11:20 PM
Riverside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Spilotro
For me the problem with him currently is he truely beleives he is already better/on par with eric etc. I reckon he's been taken in by his own hype, you only have to read a paper or listen to english pundits to see how silly it has got.
Quite. His average performance is closer to Richardson's than Eric, when all the hype is stripped away.

As Keano said, he has the *potential* to be a great player. He is nowhere near it yet.

Unread 17-12-2006, 11:21 PM
MUFC One Love

I think Rooney's dealt with all the hype etc at such a young age brilliantly, and he's had it for years. He seems very calm and will always work 120% for the team.

Ronaldo gets consistent after 3 seasons and suddenly he's the best ever.

Rooney is a match winner, Ronaldo isn't yet.

Unread 17-12-2006, 11:23 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside
http://www.ireland.com/sports/soccer...271632186.html

And Roy Keane is, as usual, absolutely right.
Keane also said Rooney was one of only a couple of players in the world he'd pay money to see. He also said a few seasons back that Fletcher was the best young player at the club.

The point being, he talks a lot of shit sometimes and is prone to changing his mind. Get your head out of his arse.

Unread 17-12-2006, 11:24 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
They're both match winners, but are still young and learning the game. Both will be World Class

Unread 17-12-2006, 11:25 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
They're both match winners, but are still young and learning the game. Both will be World Class
Ronaldo can play a big part in winning a game, but you know what I mean by the term "match winner" Rooney's just got that knack of doing it.

Both are however world class (as I have said in a post on here, not just best young players but two of the best players full stop). So why we need to get all whingy about one is ridiculous.

Unread 17-12-2006, 11:27 PM
Tony Spilotro

Quote:

Mate if the world cup, this season and last season proved anything its that ronnie is a world class match winner(ask england) and rooney is possibly the most overrated player of all time.

Unread 17-12-2006, 11:34 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Ronaldo can play a big part in winning a game, but you know what I mean by the term "match winner" Rooney's just got that knack of doing it.

Both are however world class (as I have said in a post on here, not just best young players but two of the best players full stop). So why we need to get all whingy about one is ridiculous.
I disagree. Ronnie has the skill to take a game on himself and win it. Still looked like our biggest threat today. Rooney can (and has) too. Love them both. Singling one or the other out for stick won't help them or United.

As someone else said before, win as a team, loose as a team.

Unread 17-12-2006, 11:36 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Mate if the world cup, this season and last season proved anything its that ronnie is a world class match winner(ask england) and rooney is possibly the most overrated player of all time.
I'm sorry, but he isn't.

It's because we take things for granted because he's done it a lot, like his volley at Sheffield United when it was 1-1 and the pressure was on (after he had equalised).

Fantastic.

Ronaldo can win a match, obviously, and plays a big part in it, but Rooneys got more of the big player mentality of it, Ronaldo hasn't done much of it until this season.

Maybe I'm defending Rooney more than he deserves, but that's because I can't take fickle silly comments about how he's shite etc all over Ronaldo finally having a consistent spell.

I'm just glad we have both.

Unread 17-12-2006, 11:42 PM
Ether

Quote:
£#%&! off Kingbill.

Unread 18-12-2006, 12:38 AM
Riverside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Keane also said Rooney was one of only a couple of players in the world he'd pay money to see. He also said a few seasons back that Fletcher was the best young player at the club.

The point being, he talks a lot of shit sometimes and is prone to changing his mind. Get your head out of his arse.
Stick it up your %@#$&!s.
Closed Thread