United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-12-2006, 11:27 PM
TheNew

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Not really. He may have had one or two poor games, but I don't remember anything resembling Cannavaro's efforts tonight or in Lyon.

I'm not actually saying Cannavaro is a bad player, by the way.
Oh come on, Rio was appalling last season, around the time he lost his Ingerlund place.

Admittedly, I haven't seen these Cannavaro performances...but I would swap him for Rio this minute.

Unread 20-12-2006, 11:28 PM
TheNew

Quote:
Originally Posted by LushyLouTheLesbianShoe
Given his age, if Real Madrid don't come in the top two he could well be playing for a club like Newcastle by next August
Or United? On the cheap?

Unread 20-12-2006, 11:30 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNew
Oh come on, Rio was appalling last season, around the time he lost his Ingerlund place.

Admittedly, I haven't seen these Cannavaro performances...but I would swap him for Rio this minute.
Yeah, I remember that period now. He was poor, but I think mainly by his own high standards. I still don't think he was making the type of basic mistakes Cannavaro has been making this season.

Unread 20-12-2006, 11:36 PM
TheNew

Quote:
Yeah, I remember that period now. He was poor, but I think mainly by his own high standards. I still don't think he was making the type of basic mistakes Cannavaro has been making this season.
Like I say, I haven't seen Cannavaro this season, so I'll bow to your better judgement.

Unread 20-12-2006, 11:41 PM
MUFC One Love

Didn't watch it, but did Madrid struggle to create again? Like usual with Ruud?

Get him back!

United top of the league.

Unread 20-12-2006, 11:45 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Didn't watch it, but did Madrid struggle to create again? Like usual with Ruud?

Get him back!

United top of the league.
Pick the most turgid United performance of the last few years. That was Madrid tonight. Awful.

Unread 20-12-2006, 11:47 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNew
£#%&! players?
i didn't say he was £#%&!. i said i thought he was overrated - which he is. if the claim is that he's the best player in the world then he's overrated.

£#%&!, no. just not the best player in the world.

Unread 21-12-2006, 12:04 AM
Tiberian

They were appalling, Huelva were excellent.

Cannovara is a great defender but his year has been the least deserving year to ever win World player of the year. Poor for Juve, nothing special for Madrid, but had a good world cup. In a non world cup year he would not have won it, but Fifa like to have someone from their show piece occasion win it, and no one else performed at the WC who was in with a chance.

Beckham and RVN were both shite, slow and pedestrian, like the rest of the Madrid team.

On another point the commentary on Sky Sports is shocking when it comes to Spanish football, totally pro Madrid and Barca. Thye came out with this cracker tonight, bearing in mind that a number of Recreativo fans were killed in a coach crash, "Madrid have been an accident waiting to happen since the kick off"

Unread 21-12-2006, 12:09 AM
Tropical

Quote:
La Liga. Last game before their break and a chance to nip ahead of Barca before they play Atletico tomorrow.

Real are now one point behind Barca having played two games more.

Sevilla won again tonight; four points clear. Looks like they are going to push Barca this year.
*presses fingertips together*

Real Madrid getting stuffed is one of life's little pleasures. The @#%&!s.

And while I'm fond of Barcelona, I'd be equally happy to see Sevilla take it. And only slightly less happy to see anyone else beat Real to it. The @#%&!s.

Unread 21-12-2006, 12:14 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical
*presses fingertips together*

Real Madrid getting stuffed is one of life's little pleasures. The @#%&!s.

And while I'm fond of Barcelona, I'd be equally happy to see Sevilla take it. And only slightly less happy to see anyone else beat Real to it. The @#%&!s.
Totally agree. Sevilla look very dangerous actually. They beat Deportivo 4-0 tonight (with Kanoute getting another two, making it 14 in 16 for him) and Barca have their bogey match against Atletico tomorrow.

If Torres can do his usual thing of tearing the Barca defence apart to inspire them to a win - Sevilla go into the break with a healthy lead at the top.

Unread 21-12-2006, 12:19 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Totally agree. Sevilla look very dangerous actually. They beat Deportivo 4-0 tonight (with Kanoute getting another two, making it 14 in 16 for him) and Barca have their bogey match against Atletico tomorrow.

If Torres can do his usual thing of tearing the Barca defence apart to inspire them to a win - Sevilla go into the break with a healthy lead at the top.
Kanoute's goalscoring form makes me question Torres. Kanoute was a decent player in the prem, but he was never a goalscorer. Goes to Spain and becomes prolific. The defences over there are pretty shite, Forlan, Milosovic and Sinama Pongolle are other examples of mediocre premiership players who look a lot better in Spain. Should also put into perspective some of the harking after RVN,

Sevilla are a good side though, exciting football.

Unread 21-12-2006, 12:21 AM
bad_wolf

i alwys liked kanoute when he was at west ham and spurs.

still think he will be at a big club before long.

no disrispect to seville

Unread 21-12-2006, 12:36 AM
Lazarus

That season when Becks went there and they were...um..under Carlos and it started falling apart and they kept losing was one of my greatest non-United joys.

Now I'm used to them losing and getting turned over at home. I'm suprised all these players are still desperate to go there tbh.

Unread 21-12-2006, 12:39 AM
Lazarus

I remember when Sociedad so nearly won it in 2003. I don't think I've willed another team on more in my life - certainly not Inglund.

Unread 21-12-2006, 01:20 AM
ScarFace

Diarra and Cassano have been sent away from Madrid after criticising Capello.

That true?...was posted by a bitter so dunno

Unread 21-12-2006, 05:13 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Kanoute's goalscoring form makes me question Torres. Kanoute was a decent player in the prem, but he was never a goalscorer. Goes to Spain and becomes prolific. The defences over there are pretty shite, Forlan, Milosovic and Sinama Pongolle are other examples of mediocre premiership players who look a lot better in Spain. Should also put into perspective some of the harking after RVN,

Sevilla are a good side though, exciting football.
morientes
Closed Thread