United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Hall of Fame

Unread 30-08-2017, 06:20 PM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet FA
Kanchelskis was a fantastic player , it's still unbelievable that he left at the peak of his powers ,and never recaptured the magic he produced for Utd ,the biggest mistake i have seen by a player . whoever influenced him leaving and i think it was forced ,should hang their heads in shame.
I'm hearing the Russian mafia shed tears at his plight.

Unread 30-08-2017, 07:06 PM
Denis Irwell

Saw this in the Guardian & thought Switchers'll be onto this

£#%&!ing dynamite, Kan Kan. Shame how it turned out, especially that cup final vs toffees. No show.

Unread 30-08-2017, 10:12 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Saw this in the Guardian & thought Switchers'll be onto this

£#%&!ing dynamite, Kan Kan. Shame how it turned out, especially that cup final vs toffees. No show.
That was true of most of the team tbf.

Unread 31-08-2017, 04:00 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
That was true of most of the team tbf.
Yep - think both Ince and Hughes knew they were going. Ince definitely played like he wasn't interested. Not his style. Threw a trophy away there. Everton probably saw it as revenge for '85.

Unread 31-08-2017, 10:17 AM
lindelof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Yep - think both Ince and Hughes knew they were going. Ince definitely played like he wasn't interested. Not his style. Threw a trophy away there. Everton probably saw it as revenge for '85.

I always found the Hughes move at the end of a season a strange one to be honest. I remember being at OT for the Leeds cup game in 1995 and they announced before the game that he had just signed a new contract. It was his first game back after injury too if I recall.

Unread 31-08-2017, 10:31 AM
Parlabane

Still my all time favourite player, no one could handle his pace and rocket of a shot, remember being on holiday and reading the back pages of the papers in disbelief that he was going.... was genuinely upset for the rest of the day

Unread 31-08-2017, 11:42 AM
utd99

Classic Parla's.

Unread 02-09-2017, 12:43 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindelof
I always found the Hughes move at the end of a season a strange one to be honest. I remember being at OT for the Leeds cup game in 1995 and they announced before the game that he had just signed a new contract. It was his first game back after injury too if I recall.
Something happened with Sparky. Just thought the club dragged their feet and he got the hump. Been bitter as £#%&! since he left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane
Still my all time favourite player, no one could handle his pace and rocket of a shot, remember being on holiday and reading the back pages of the papers in disbelief that he was going.... was genuinely upset for the rest of the day
Same. Gutted.

Unread 02-09-2017, 04:13 PM
red in cumbria

Never realised quite how bitter he was about us until Moscow

Unread 03-09-2017, 06:48 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Scored a quality header in that game too I recall.

Unread 03-09-2017, 07:43 AM
Knockers

Hughes is the most underrated player in our history. Maybe it's because I was young but I remember him as the most spectacular player we ever had. Loved booting people and only ever scored top goals. Spoiled the 5-1 for City by scoring the best goal. Those celebrations at Maine Rd in the footage from the 85 semi. His hair. Nobody looked better in the green and yellow kit.

He's a miserable old lesbian now, granted, but what a player.

Unread 03-09-2017, 07:44 AM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Never realised quite how bitter he was about us until Moscow
Why? What did he do/say?

Unread 03-09-2017, 07:50 AM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
I'm hearing the Russian mafia shed tears at his plight.
I'm hearing it was Fergie

Unread 03-09-2017, 07:56 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Hughes is the most underrated player in our history. Maybe it's because I was young but I remember him as the most spectacular player we ever had. Loved booting people and only ever scored top goals. Spoiled the 5-1 for City by scoring the best goal. Those celebrations at Maine Rd in the footage from the 85 semi. His hair. Nobody looked better in the green and yellow kit.

He's a miserable old lesbian now, granted, but what a player.
For anyone who ever seen Hughes play, he was very highly rated. He was my hero as a kid and scored some of our greatest ever goals. Was massively disappointed with him once he left though and he has tainted whatever memories I had of him.

Unread 03-09-2017, 08:41 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
Why? What did he do/say?
Didn't hear it nor did it particularly bother me but apparently he kept referring to Chelsea as "us"

Unread 03-09-2017, 09:13 AM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
One of my favourites growing up.

He's got a book out. If this extract is anything to go by, it will be grim drivel that reads as if written by a teenager.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-union-carrots
found it quite interesting if i'm honest

loved andrei, probably my favourite player as a kid. not much variety to his game but his combination of sheer pace and directness was thrilling. shame his best season probably coincided with our worst in the mid-'90s period.

looks like he plays darts these days.

Unread 03-09-2017, 09:23 AM
Child of Darkness

Loved sparky . Tbh he needed to be a bit more prolific to be a true great tho.

Best ever thighs tho ---- dreamy

Unread 03-09-2017, 09:31 AM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
Loved sparky . Tbh he needed to be a bit more prolific to be a true great tho.

Best ever thighs tho ---- dreamy
Can't argue with any of that. Would prefer if he wasn't so negative on match day threads though tbh

Unread 03-09-2017, 03:36 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Didn't hear it nor did it particularly bother me but apparently he kept referring to Chelsea as "us"
And was very obviously gutted at their losing out.

Unread 03-09-2017, 07:06 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Fairly sure ive read that no contract was actually signed. Had him out on the pitch announcing it