United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: erik ten hag
in 55 55.00%
out 45 45.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 27-02-2024, 09:06 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Think he’s actually blaming the players ie didn’t make any difference xhanging the previous three coaches

Unread 27-02-2024, 09:08 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Hill View Post
Just as it did'nt solve any problems when United sacked LVG, Mourinho or Ole & that is because it is the attitude of 3 quarters of that dressing room is shocking & this was demonstrated beyond any doubt when they had the cheek to get the hump because ETH was'nt prepared to let them have last Sunday-off , after they just produced yet another Crap performance!
It’s a bit tenuous linking Ten Hags squad to Van Gaal and Jose’s.

It’s a very different group of players.

Unread 27-02-2024, 09:24 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic View Post
Think he’s actually blaming the players ie didn’t make any difference xhanging the previous three coaches
In which case he is totely right as it's 3 quarters of the players that require sacking-off if, United are ever to challenge for titles again let alone ECL's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
It’s a bit tenuous linking Ten Hags squad to Van Gaal and Jose’s.

It’s a very different group of players.
Unfortunatly irregardless of it being a slightly different group of players from LVG's era for example, the poor attitude in that dressing room is still clearly there for all to see & as Mourinho pointed-out a week or 2 ago their are still players at the club of whom he wanted to sell & the fact that they are still there & teaching their poor attitude to any new arrivals is yet another reason why we are still failing to seariously progress & compete for major titles!

Unread 27-02-2024, 09:35 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Hill View Post
In which case he is totely right as it's 3 quarters of the players that require sacking-off if, United are ever to challenge for titles again let alone ECL's!

Unfortunatly irregardless of it being a slightly different group of players from LVG's era for example, the poor attitude in that dressing room is still clearly there for all to see & as Mourinho pointed-out a week or 2 ago their are still players at the club of whom he wanted to sell & the fact that they are still there & teaching their poor attitude to any new arrivals is yet another reason why we are still failing to seariously progress & compete for major titles!
It’s so crystal clear Gordon can deliver it in one breath

Unread 27-02-2024, 09:50 PM
Stickman

So is it the lack of standards these lads have that cause the huge gaps in our midfield and all that?

Unread 28-02-2024, 03:04 AM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm View Post
Seriously??

Joke of a list tbph.
Who are your suggestions then?

Unread 28-02-2024, 11:37 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
So is it the lack of standards these lads have that cause the huge gaps in our midfield and all that?
Quite possibly doesn't help tbf.

Unread 29-02-2024, 06:45 AM
Bigfoot49uk

My main problem with Ten Hag is that his man management skills appear to be extremely lacking. This was evidenced for me in the Sancho affair, which didn’t need to end the way it did. We lost the (albeit limited) services of a first team squad member at a time when we could ill afford to, simply because the manager wanted to be seen as a hard man. It ended up in a lose/lose situation.

There are other problems including, but not limited to, his obsession with inverted wingers ; his obsession with the product-free Antony ; his insistence on buying Onana because he was “good with his feet” then admitting we’re incapable of playing a passing game so what what the point of Onana again? ; the apparent lack of a clear vision of the team he wants to build and the style of play he wants to implement, it seems every week he just does his “Mr Micawber” thing, sending out 11 players and hoping “something will turn up”.

Get rid, but first Ratjob must have his own vision of what he wants from a manager and what identity he wants for the team. Who might be available? Well, he won’t know that until the position becomes vacant.

Unread 29-02-2024, 08:09 AM
Stickman

serious Frogson vibes from Ratjob.

Unread 29-02-2024, 09:27 AM
RedNick80

Classic Bigfooters etc.

On Sancho though, how many chance should ETH have given him (an adult) to fulfill even the slimiest of his responsibilities as an employee?

Unread 29-02-2024, 09:31 AM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot49uk View Post
My main problem with Ten Hag is that his man management skills appear to be extremely lacking. This was evidenced for me in the Sancho affair, which didn’t need to end the way it did. We lost the (albeit limited) services of a first team squad member at a time when we could ill afford to, simply because the manager wanted to be seen as a hard man. It ended up in a lose/lose situation.

There are other problems including, but not limited to, his obsession with inverted wingers ; his obsession with the product-free Antony ; his insistence on buying Onana because he was “good with his feet” then admitting we’re incapable of playing a passing game so what what the point of Onana again? ; the apparent lack of a clear vision of the team he wants to build and the style of play he wants to implement, it seems every week he just does his “Mr Micawber” thing, sending out 11 players and hoping “something will turn up”.

Get rid, but first Ratjob must have his own vision of what he wants from a manager and what identity he wants for the team. Who might be available? Well, he won’t know that until the position becomes vacant.
Ever thought of being a wannabe agent?

Unread 29-02-2024, 09:36 AM
RedNick80

Quote:

How do you feel about women?

Unread 29-02-2024, 10:03 AM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80 View Post
How do you feel about women?
Has never had the opportunity.

Unread 29-02-2024, 10:10 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

possibly the worst take i've read on the situation...

Also, Ratjob?

Unread 29-02-2024, 10:15 AM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
possibly the worst take i've read on the situation...

Also, Ratjob?
I like the idea that Erik wants to be seen as a hard man

Rolling into Carrington, glaring at everybody and putting the shoulder in if they don't move out of way in the corridor.

Erik Ten Men

Unread 29-02-2024, 11:05 AM
guerreiro

He should publicly sack Eric Ramsey. That would buy him some more time for me.

Edit - just checked that was his name and learned he left 2 days ago. Nice.

Unread 29-02-2024, 11:08 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro

He’ll do well in Ligue 1.

Unread 29-02-2024, 12:33 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro View Post

I thought I saw him on the bench last night.

Unread 29-02-2024, 01:15 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok View Post
Left to coach in the big leagues. Minnesota. Finally got his dream job as head coach at United.

Unread 29-02-2024, 02:56 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok View Post
Yeah same.

Guessing their season hasn’t started and he’s staying here until it does?