United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 26-02-2024, 11:22 AM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post
A season and a half.
He couldn’t even keep the wool over you lots eyes for 2 seasons.

I did say the moment he is the main man in our midfield we are in trouble.

A luxury player if ever I’ve seen one. Played well when he had a free role. And can’t play in a 2 in midfield when push comes to shove which he should be able to do at the very least otherwise he is a forward.

t

November 2021!
He doesn’t even seem as hungry as he was back then.

Unread 26-02-2024, 12:31 PM
guerreiro

Been on the Bruno out train for a couple of years. Will never be able to build a solid system with him in there. Need to find a buyer this Summer for him.

Unread 26-02-2024, 04:45 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro View Post
Been on the Bruno out train for a couple of years. Will never be able to build a solid system with him in there. Need to find a buyer this Summer for him.
Difficult to do that if the club see things differently on him to the fanbase

Unread 26-02-2024, 10:09 PM
armchair

He gives the ball away at the best of times but he's been told to play the risky pass quickly after we win possession. It's a tactic.

Unread 28-02-2024, 11:19 PM
Dr Stranger

Love that siege mentality. He was targeted tonight. Players leaving challenges in, nibbling away. Throttled at the end. Just laughed it off and got the assist to win the game.

That’s why you start him and that’s why you keep him on. He could be having a stinker but you know he can produce a moment. Two big players stepping up tonight

He’s frustrating and he likes a whinge, but I don’t know how anyone can question the guy’s commitment

Unread 28-02-2024, 11:20 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
He’s frustrating and he likes a whinge, but I don’t know how anyone can question the guy’s commitment
How about getting suspended on purpose for Anfield?

Unread 28-02-2024, 11:23 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
How about getting suspended on purpose for Anfield?
Which arguably worked out OK in the end.

Unread 28-02-2024, 11:25 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria View Post
which arguably worked out ok in the end.
zing...... !!!

Unread 28-02-2024, 11:29 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria View Post
Which arguably worked out OK in the end.

Great bit of captaincy in hindsight

Unread 29-02-2024, 12:12 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
https://x.com/centredevils/status/17...aSbh7vgQsN2lEQ

Love that siege mentality. He was targeted tonight. Players leaving challenges in, nibbling away. Throttled at the end. Just laughed it off and got the assist to win the game.

That’s why you start him and that’s why you keep him on. He could be having a stinker but you know he can produce a moment. Two big players stepping up tonight

It’s not his commitment that’s in question, it’s his decision making and temperament

Unread 29-02-2024, 12:15 AM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd View Post
It’s not his commitment that’s in question, it’s his decision making and temperament
And inability to execute a pass. Maybe 2 out of 10 come off. “Trying things” is not good enough at an elite level.

Unread 29-02-2024, 12:18 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado View Post
And inability to execute a pass. Maybe 2 out of 10 come off. “Trying things” is not good enough at an elite level.
except for the one for the goal

Unread 29-02-2024, 12:28 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
except for the one for the goal
Yes, its harder to critique "trying things" when it occasionally pays off.

Unread 29-02-2024, 12:35 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado View Post
It's whether there's room for a player who's all over the place in person and in passing long term.

We certainly can't carry him and Rashford. Bruno's been £#%&!ing shite for a long long time now.

On balance i think i'd be looking to get rid of both unless Bruno's form improves dramatically before the season ends.

Unread 29-02-2024, 12:38 AM
armchair

I'm a fan of him as a player but I think he's being used in the wrong way and is a liability.

He needs to be a proper no.10. He's never a midfielder.

Unread 29-02-2024, 01:08 AM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch View Post
It's whether there's room for a player who's all over the place in person and in passing long term.

We certainly can't carry him and Rashford. Bruno's been £#%&!ing shite for a long long time now.

On balance i think i'd be looking to get rid of both unless Bruno's form improves dramatically before the season ends.
Yeah wouldn't be so bad if we had the athleticism and quality on the ball in midfield behind him

Unread 29-02-2024, 10:00 AM
magic_cantona

His whinging is embarrassing but he does get roughed up by oppo players and a lot is let go.

What a will say is though, if it wasn't him over that free kick last night, who would it have been?

Unread 29-02-2024, 10:05 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
His whinging is embarrassing but he does get roughed up by oppo players and a lot is let go.

What a will say is though, if it wasn't him over that free kick last night, who would it have been?
If we're swinging a cross in Bruno....

Any attempt at goal, no thanks....

Can't remember the last time we scored a belting freekick.... Are they gone forever ?

(Rashford, Chelsea?)

Unread 29-02-2024, 10:13 AM
thatsfuctit

How the £#%&! does this get waved away? Given what Casemiro was sent off for last year

Unread 29-02-2024, 10:20 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
If we're swinging a cross in Bruno....

Any attempt at goal, no thanks....

Can't remember the last time we scored a belting freekick.... Are they gone forever ?

(Rashford, Chelsea?)
Ronaldo Norwich.

Bit of Beadle mits from their keeper though.