United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 21-02-2024, 10:12 AM
est.1878

not 5aside but pretty much gave up sunday league after quietly megging someone and they took it badly , just turned round and chinned me with as a ran past. had a ring on which cut me and had a black eye for weeks - only got a yellow

Unread 21-02-2024, 11:24 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
not 5aside but pretty much gave up sunday league after quietly megging someone and they took it badly , just turned round and chinned me with as a ran past. had a ring on which cut me and had a black eye for weeks - only got a yellow
What did she get?

Unread 21-02-2024, 11:36 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
In terms of a powder keg waiting to go off, I don't think the games we had at lunchtime at high school can be topped

I remember busting one lads lip once. Then had to sit next to him for an hour straight after lunch in science.
Our games would descend in to “crop soccer” within ten minutes and it was all a barrel of laughs legging people up until one person took it too far (most days) and a brawl would break out.

I started playing here in Abu Dhabi with a group made up “decent level” players and Arabs. The Arabs would play like it was a World Cup final and be flying in to everything. Had to knock it on the head before I got my leg broke. Lads I play with now in Dubai can barely run let alone cause a fight so it’s all good.

Unread 21-02-2024, 12:12 PM
shenwen

Played 5 a side in the east end of Glasgow for years and no problems TBF though we never played in a league so mostly against lads one of us knew.

Used to see some top scraps in Beijing - 5 a side and 11 a side. Usually involving Africa FC. Best was when a Chinese team played the African team. Chinese ex-pros and blokes off the TV chasing after the Africans with bats and iron bars.

In HK, I gave up pretty quick. Partly age but also because every team would have one #@&%! (expat usually) trying to break legs. I'm not going into work on a Monday morning with a black eye because some loser uses a football match to get all his frustrations out.

Even kids football...

My eldest used to play for the team in blue. Now plays for the team in white

Unread 21-02-2024, 12:25 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen View Post
Played 5 a side in the east end of Glasgow for years and no problems TBF though we never played in a league so mostly against lads one of us knew.

Used to see some top scraps in Beijing - 5 a side and 11 a side. Usually involving Africa FC. Best was when a Chinese team played the African team. Chinese ex-pros and blokes off the TV chasing after the Africans with bats and iron bars.

In HK, I gave up pretty quick. Partly age but also because every team would have one #@&%! (expat usually) trying to break legs. I'm not going into work on a Monday morning with a black eye because some loser uses a football match to get all his frustrations out.

Even kids football...

https://youtu.be/7U1_Dlw_vO0?si=qu2byyoJJe2Lo5QT

My eldest used to play for the team in blue. Now plays for the team in white
That number 2

No prisoners taken.

Unread 21-02-2024, 01:29 PM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
That number 2

No prisoners taken.
If he had booted my kid like that, I’d have decked him within seconds, then used his body to windmill the rest of the team.

Then gone to jail