United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-07-2018, 10:19 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Not many (if any) strikers in world football that we'd have a Fred consensus on. Some serious fredsters wanted Morata ahead of Lukaku and look what happened there.

Benzema has a creditable 1 in 2 for Madrid and we'd be tearing our hair out with him.

The arse seeing on here if Kane played for us and had that world cup etc

Lukaku is young and hit 30 in his first season. I remember when players used to be given a year to settle in but that doesn't seem to happen anymore. Hes got his faults but his mentality is as tough as anyone at the club and he'll improve imho. And that's after a stellar first season. Not sure of the details over the cup final but willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. He'll be captain soon. Would like more players with his mentality, if not his first touch.
World class post chief.

FOTY bait. FOTY material. King.

Unread 15-07-2018, 11:05 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
The best allround number 9 in the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
Going off overall performance Lukaku was probably the best striker at the WC

what does this say about the state of strikers in the world currently? (aguero is miles better, incidentally, unless you want to say he's not a number 9.) I am very unimpressed by players like cavani and benzema as well.

did someone really say earlier in the thread that ruud was boring and old fashioned?

anyway, much as I hate drogba, the comparison in a jo-mo team does not flatter lukaku. he is a £#%&!ing animal, but he's a sterling of a player... gets into plenty of good positions and them simply isn't reliable enough.

Unread 15-07-2018, 11:09 AM
saffers

Jem in shambles, looove it.

Unread 15-07-2018, 11:15 AM
Ethers

Stellar first season

Lukaku scored a massive 5 league goals more than Morata btw.

Unread 15-07-2018, 11:16 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Stellar first season

Impressive considering an army of haters on here said morata>lukaku.

Over to you alvaro.

Unread 15-07-2018, 12:00 PM
jem

Quote:
Jem in shambles, looove it.

it's not the first thing you've got wrong in this thread, though.

not sure morata is the standard by which lukaku should be judged, incidentally.

Unread 15-07-2018, 12:19 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Stellar first season

Wouldn't restrict it to the league tbf.

Lukaku P51 G27 A9
Morata P48 G15 A6

If Rom can build on those stellar figures this season we've a shout of honours.

Unread 15-07-2018, 12:29 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

Lukaku P51 G27 A9
Morata P48 G15 A6

I like big Rom but are you seriously mentioning him in the same breath as Benzema ffs?! Benzema has been absolutely unreal throughout his career. Top, top drawer.

Unread 15-07-2018, 12:35 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
I like big Rom but are you seriously mentioning him in the same breath as Benzema ffs?! Benzema has been absolutely unreal throughout his career. Top, top drawer.
Agreed. But we'd all be slagging him every week on here if he played for us. Is the point I was making m'lud.

Unread 15-07-2018, 12:37 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Agreed. But we'd all be slagging him every week on here if he played for us. Is the point I was making m'lud.
I wouldn’t mate he’s off the chart. We missed out big time unfortunately.

Unread 15-07-2018, 12:40 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
I wouldn’t mate he’s off the chart. We missed out big time unfortunately.
Would like to see the thread....

"If we're going for anybody from Lyon it should be Ben Arfa"

Unread 15-07-2018, 03:57 PM
saffers

Benzema has been up and down.

If he was focused on his football hed be the best in the world.

Unread 15-07-2018, 05:16 PM
Ethers

Quote:

Lukaku P51 G27 A9
Morata P48 G15 A6

The league is a striker’s bread and butter.

16 goals is a paltry return for the focal point of the side that finished second.

Unread 15-07-2018, 05:45 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
I reckon Kane and Lukaku are definitely up there as 2 of the best at their job, but Kane has had a dreadful world cup all round and Lukaku started out brilliant but fizzled out badly. His first touch has been much better lately, I wonder if today was all about fatigue.

Going off overall performance Lukaku was probably the best striker at the WC, Cavani had one good game.

Kanes got the golden boot but it's gotta be the worst winner of it ever. Penalties, a couple tap ins and a deflection. His hold up play has been shite, his runs have been shite, link up play shite. TBF he's been playing in the no.10 role a lot.

Kane is usually the much more rounded and consistent player but he's prone to a spurs style slump and Lukaku is always improving. I expect he will close the gap if not overtake him eventually.
Cavani was actually very sharp in the group phase. And his good game, scoring two great goals to knock out the european champions, probably holds more weight than beating up Panama and Tunisia as Kane and Lukaku did.

Overall it’s just another example of people propelling players to a status they haven’t reached yet. Kane and Lukaku are superb strikers, but they are heralded as the two best no9s by the largely premier league centric observers, despite the fact that if they got together and put their medals in a box it would contain one Belgian league winners medal from nearly ten years ago.

Unread 15-07-2018, 05:46 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Cavani was actually very sharp in the group phase. And his good game, scoring two great goals to knock out the european champions, probably holds more weight than beating up Panama and Tunisia as Kane and Lukaku did.

Overall it’s just another example of people propelling players to a status they haven’t reached yet. Kane and Lukaku are superb strikers, but they are heralded as the two best no9s by the largely premier league centric observers, despite the fact that if they got together and put their medals in a box it would contain one Belgian league winners medal from nearly ten years ago.
More medals than you have..

Unread 15-07-2018, 05:48 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17

More goals too

Unread 15-07-2018, 05:53 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
Lukaku yeah, one more.

Kane no. We’re still tied.

Unread 15-07-2018, 06:01 PM
Neo

Quote:
Benzema has been up and down.

If he was focused on his football hed be the best in the world.
Tbf, Rihanna would change anyone’s focus.

King Karim.

Unread 15-07-2018, 06:27 PM
windy waffles

Anyone who knows me on Fred knows I still cling on to the fact that King Karim will one day play for us...

Bring him home!

Unread 15-07-2018, 06:30 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Anyone who knows me on Fred knows I still cling on to the fact that King Karim will one day play for us...

Bring him home!
Him and akinfeev
Closed Thread