United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-01-2011, 08:38 PM
Hopskipjump

Thumbs up

I really really wish we had given Veron more time to settle in, remember that 5-3 against spuds.......and if Fergs wasn;t such a stubborn bugger (we forgive tho) we could have held on to Stam, Van, Becks .....

Eric retired to early too.....and Bestie (if only he had Fergs to sort him out!)

Unread 07-01-2011, 08:50 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Coleman
who? sp

also, you would appear to have skipped buchan, coppell, hill, mcgrath, hughes, whiteside and veron.

Unread 07-01-2011, 09:18 PM
£#%&! KFC

Rooney....

Unread 07-01-2011, 09:20 PM
Hopskipjump

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
Rooney....
its on the cards he'll score on sunday......back to thread aw Hill and Coppell...those were the days

Unread 07-01-2011, 09:26 PM
Kent Brockman

All of the above. Plus Andrew Cole. The first prolific goalscorer at the club in a long while, until Ruud came along

Unread 07-01-2011, 11:43 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
there's no accounting for taste.

however, hughes is my favourite united player of all time. maybe because I was a number nine and I wanted him to be my sidekick. :0)

I loved the combination of resilience and beauty. like tevez and berbatov rolled into one big hunk of manly loveliness and given a perm.

robson was the best player I've seen, but I loved hughes. funnily enough, I could take or leave cantona. I liked his arrogance after he'd just scored, but people seem to forget all the stupid pointless flicks that didn't come off.

anyone who thinks hughes was cantona's sidekick hasn't been alive long enough.

loved Hughes...if he hadn't scored THAT goal at Wembley against Oldham...well doesn't really bear thinking about

as for saying he was better than Cantona....£#%&! me you love a wum

Unread 07-01-2011, 11:45 PM
stax

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
there's no accounting for taste.

however, hughes is my favourite united player of all time. maybe because I was a number nine and I wanted him to be my sidekick. :0)

I loved the combination of resilience and beauty. like tevez and berbatov rolled into one big hunk of manly loveliness and given a perm.

robson was the best player I've seen, but I loved hughes. funnily enough, I could take or leave cantona. I liked his arrogance after he'd just scored, but people seem to forget all the stupid pointless flicks that didn't come off.

anyone who thinks hughes was cantona's sidekick hasn't been alive long enough.
I'd rather watch Cantona than Hughes despite all Sparkys qualities

Unread 07-01-2011, 11:45 PM
The Mull

Quote:
I £#%&!ing hated Phelan, disliked McClair and wanted Simon Davies dead, but Hughes, even though he scored some fantastic goals (and kicked that guy in the knackers to my immense amusement) just didn't do it for me. Didn't really warm to Ince or Cole either, even though they were fantastic servants for the club.

Unread 07-01-2011, 11:48 PM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by gedthemull
£#%&!sake...that is a shocker

I know he means the other Simon Davies the one who once came on and was subbed in the same match ...but £#%&!ing hell

Unread 07-01-2011, 11:59 PM
toseeunited

if i had to choose one player to come back (at their peak) it would be ronny

Unread 08-01-2011, 12:00 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
if i had to choose one player to come back (at their peak) it would be ronny

one day...

Unread 08-01-2011, 12:02 AM
Grandadanne

George Best.

Nobody else matters,the finest player i have ever seen.

EOS.

Unread 08-01-2011, 12:03 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandadanne
George Best.

EOS.
no one likes a smart arse

Unread 08-01-2011, 12:04 AM
toseeunited

Thumbs up

Quote:
one day...

Unread 08-01-2011, 12:04 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
£#%&!sake...that is a shocker

I know he means the other Simon Davies the one who once came on and was subbed in the same match ...but £#%&!ing hell
Yeah. The one with the big fod...

Maybe death is a bit ott

Just though he was shit. And I objected to McClair and Phelan 'cos I thought they only played because they were Fergie's teacher's pets.

Just my perception at the time.

I've got to have an irrational hatred for at least one Utd player.

Gibbo is my current bête noir. Taking the place of younger and more promising prospects for no apparent reason.

And this ain't no bandwagon. He's alway made my piss boil.

Unread 08-01-2011, 12:06 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:

Gibbo is my current bête noir. Taking the place of younger and more promising prospects for no apparent reason.

I hear you, fella

Mine switches between between Gibbo, JOS and the midget Scouser - depending who is playing the most shite at any given time. Can't bring myself to hate G Nev, however awful he is now

Unread 08-01-2011, 12:07 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Yeah. The one with the big fod...

Maybe death is a bit ott

Just though he was shit. And I objected to McClair and Phelan 'cos I thought they only played because they were Fergie's teacher's pets.

Just my perception at the time.

you do know about the other Simon Davies right

Unread 08-01-2011, 12:10 AM
The taste of...

Quote:
George Best.

EOS.

Me too

next hero after George was Buchan - always had Dogleash in his pocket

Then Stapleton - could head a ball better than some could pass

Eric

Ginger prince

Unread 08-01-2011, 12:14 AM
stax

Quote:
George Best.

EOS.
I saw George at the end of his career so not in his prime, so for me Robson, Cantona and Ronaldo stand out as big 'misses'. It'll be a sad day when Scholes and Giggs retire as well

Unread 08-01-2011, 12:18 AM
Grandadanne

Quote:
no one likes a smart arse
Why a smartarse?

Iv`e been watching Utd since 1955.

Yes I saw the Babes even though a distant memory.

George Best in my opinion was the greatest footballer ever.

Disagree if you like but at least tell me why?
Closed Thread