big norm

paul mcgrath

martin buchan

remi and bryan in the middle

Unread 07-01-2011, 06:00 PM
Zorg

Default Re: Which United players do you 'miss'

Eric.

And in all seriousness I was 'genuinely upset' when he retired, as I imagine a lot of reds were.

The sight of him coming out the tunnel was just £#%&!ing ace, you felt we couldn't lose.

Unread 07-01-2011, 06:05 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Rooney
Innit

And agree with Zorg about Le Roi. I know of grown men who cried when he retired

Unread 07-01-2011, 06:10 PM
Turin

Royston Maurice Keane

If Keane was in our current team the league would be wrapped up already.

Unread 07-01-2011, 07:24 PM
Mr_Ed

Yip Yap being sold was a blow.

Ronnie obviously, Kanchelskis and, to a lesser extent, Hughsie when he went to Chelsea.

Unread 07-01-2011, 07:30 PM
Cream

Eikrem.

Unread 07-01-2011, 07:37 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by reem
Eikrem.
Harsh, man. We're still grieving.

Unread 07-01-2011, 07:56 PM
taff

dong
manucho
billy prune

Unread 07-01-2011, 08:48 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Loved Jaap, was gutted when we accepted a bid for him (Sunday night wasn't it?).

Diego, another player who I loved, still watch Atleti every week to see how he's getting on, over the short space of time he fell in love with the club and has spoken about how he still loves watching United.

Tevez, gutted when we never agreed deal.

Ronaldo, was happy as the "when will he leave" nonsense would finally got put to rest but 10 minutes later realised what we were going to miss.

Unread 07-01-2011, 08:54 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

serious answer this time

bryan robson can't think of another united player we depended on so much
soul destroying when he was injured .

Unread 07-01-2011, 08:58 PM
Sparky***

Ronaldo. Everytime i watch this united side play, what i'd give for somebody of that type of epic talent, arrogance and charisma to just lift us.

The best player in the world, playing for United. How many times have we been able to say that in the last 40 years?

Unread 07-01-2011, 09:01 PM
lookingforeric

Cantona and ronaldo

Unread 07-01-2011, 09:09 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
The best player in the world, playing for United. How many times have we been able to say that in the last 40 years?
for the entire 80s and I wouldn't complain about the late 90s/early 00s too loudly.

I remember telling mrs jem in an argument I was more upset about ince leaving than the thought she might as he would be difficult to replace.

probably say hughes, veron and mcgrath, though as watching them play for someone else was painful. at least cantona and robson retired.

not that I liked cantona as much as hughes.

Unread 07-01-2011, 09:17 PM
JakeB

Dwight Yorke in his first season

Kind of Barthez in his first season too. He was an exciting signing after having to put up with the shite between him and Schmeichel. I know it turned to shit a bit , but loved him in that first year

Roy Keane, miss that passion out on the pitch, and the chance of him occasionally clattering someone. And obvious ones too, Ronaldo, Kanchelskis, Cantona etc etc

Miss the 1994 Ryan Giggs too, as much as I love watching the current one too

Unread 07-01-2011, 09:18 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Ronaldo. Everytime i watch this united side play, what i'd give for somebody of that type of epic talent, arrogance and charisma to just lift us.

Could say the same for any British club though.

Post-war i think we've had more than out fair share of genuine world renound legends for a club in a generally unfashionable league that didn't really import foreigners as a rule until the mid to late 1990's.

Edwards
Coleman
Best
Law
Charlton
Robson
Cantona
Schmeichael
Stam
Giggs
Scholes
Beckham
Van Nistelrooy
Keane
Van Der Sar
Ronaldo
Rooney
Ferdinand
Vidic
Owen LOL

Only the likes of Madrid. Barcelona, AC Milan and Juventus could match that. All in leagues that have been importing foreign talent and playing in richer and more renowned leagues for decades.

What have the dippers got?

Rush? Beardsley? Keegan? Thompson? LOL.

Unread 07-01-2011, 09:22 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

aside from the obvious, Andy Cole. Thought he left us too early tbh-a top top red and a great rapper

Unread 07-01-2011, 09:27 PM
red in cumbria

Agree about Saha, grinch

Though I would be a bit more generous with the timescale myself; he played superbly in the second half of the 2005/06 season too - as did the team as a whole, after hitting one of the lowest points of SAF's whole reign in late 2005. Unfortunately of course, we got dicked by Chelski in a basically meaningless game at that campaign's end - cue people forgetting what had gone before and reverting to full-on headless chicken doom mode O ye of little faith, what did they know.........

Unread 07-01-2011, 09:31 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Agree about Saha, grinch

Though I would be a bit more generous with the timescale myself; he played superbly in the second half of the 2005/06 season too - as did the team as a whole, after hitting one of the lowest points of SAF's whole reign in late 2005. Unfortunately of course, we got dicked by Chelski in a basically meaningless game at that campaign's end - cue people forgetting what had gone before and reverting to full-on headless chicken doom mode O ye of little faith, what did they know.........
Yeah but i had a ST in 06/07 and i must have blocked out what had gone before.

I do have a shocking memory tbfreeferaddict.
Closed Thread