United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-01-2011, 11:33 PM
captain scarlet

Default Re: George Best has been transferred...

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
when did he start delivering A4?

Unread 07-01-2011, 12:23 AM
Cream

Andy Moorhead of East Belfast Alternatives, which is in charge of the mural, explained the reasoning behind the change.

"We were trying to show the world and the rest of Northern Ireland and east Belfast there are more people from east Belfast contributing than just George Best," he said.

"It wasn't anything personal against George.

"We have had a few people saying they are sad to see George is down, he has put east Belfast on the map.

"It is a brighter mural, a positive mural about east Belfast in general and not just about football or just about one person, most comments have been really positive."
------------

he sounds a bit of a Tufty.

Unread 07-01-2011, 12:48 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
Next time I'm over you can show us around.

Ps I don't want to end up in the back of a transit van with a pillowcase over my head
I did one of those black cab tours for £20 a few years back, the lad I was with is a black lad from OT and he got quite a bit of attention from the locals

Unread 07-01-2011, 10:34 AM
captain scarlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
I did one of those black cab tours for £20 a few years back, the lad I was with is a black lad from OT and he got quite a bit of attention from the locals
Nobody told me Stoner was black.

Mural tour cancelled.

Unread 07-01-2011, 02:12 PM
MonkeyOnMyBack

Quote:
We have had a few people saying they are sad to see George is down, he has put east Belfast on the map."

The new mural.. "represents 'a map' featuring the main arterial routes in east Belfast."
There is logic Cap'n, but not as we know it.
Closed Thread