link to hayley mcqueen's tweets please
Post 666.

Unread 08-01-2011, 05:46 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Default Re: United to pay PIK debts in full

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Saw that earlier

At least they want us. With the money at their disposal, it's bound to happen sooner or later
Red Knights are set to put final pieces together in regards to there bid which could be around £1.2b.

While we know it's unlikely that anything by them is going to happen, the simple fact that this is getting brought up again and some pressure can be added back onto them in selling at an important time of the year.

Expecting results to be released soon which might put to rest where the PIK money came from.

Unread 08-01-2011, 05:46 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
link to hayley mcqueen's tweets please
http://twitter.com/#!/HayleyMcQueen

Unread 08-01-2011, 05:49 PM
rebelcountyred

got an email from MUST, suggested that there has been a change in the glazers attitude to selling, don't honestly know if there but i sure £#%&!ing hope so.

Unread 08-01-2011, 05:51 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Red Knights are set to put final pieces together in regards to there bid which could be around £1.2b.
Where's this from?

I fully expect us to be Arab owned within the next couple of years.

Unread 08-01-2011, 05:53 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
got an email from MUST, suggested that there has been a change in the glazers attitude to selling, don't honestly know if there but i sure £#%&!ing hope so.
Interesting to hear that one of the @#%&!s bought a £8m mansion the other week, money appearing everywhere.

It's a cert that the Quatari's will buy the club, it's when is the key factor but regardless of what the club say, attendances have dropped this season and there struggling to get rid of tickets without an increase of last season. They will raise them this summer and they know anymore then there's a bigger risk of no renewals.

Unread 08-01-2011, 05:53 PM
fix up look SHARPE

Quote:
Where's this from?

can't wait.

got my tea towel and elastic band ready.

Unread 08-01-2011, 05:54 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Where's this from?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...id-red-knights

Quote:
The financiers at the heart of an attempt to buy Manchester United Football Club will this week begin looking for firm commitments from the Red Knights, the 40-50 wealthy individuals who have expressed an interest in backing the proposals.

The investment bank Nomura, hired last month, was on Friday putting the finishing touches to the final draft of the bid .

The leading figures in the attempt to wrest control of the football club from the Glazer family include Goldman Sachs chief economist, Jim O'Neill, Freshfields partner Mark Rawlinson and Wace Marshall hedge fund co-founder Paul Marshall.

Nomura will now begin a series of meetings to present the proposals to the Red Knights who have said they might stump up cash for the bid.

The investment bank's team, led by Guy Dawson, hopes to put forward an offer to the Glazers in the closed season. "We have moved on from the initial conversations to, 'this is what you will get if you sign up'. We are at the stage where we will be looking for people to say yes or no," said one source with knowledge of the plans. Others though were keen to emphasise that the bank was working to a "long time scale".

Earlier drafts outlined a £1.2bn bid. A £500m bond recently launched to refinance debt built up by the Glazers, would be retained, and around two-thirds of the rest would be raised from the group of wealthy investors. Shares would then be offered to supporters, to allow them a chance of owning a stake in their club.

The Glazer family, which bought Manchester United for £800m in 2005, has continued to maintain that the club is not for sale.

The Manchester United Supporters Trust is broadly backing the Red Knights bid and would co-ordinate any offer to the wider fanbase. The supporters trust now has more than 151,000 members and has been behind the "green and gold" campaign to oust the Glazers, organising marches and attempting a season-ticket boycott - the cost of a season ticket has risen by 50% since the Glazers took over, although a price freeze was announced this year. Fans are concerned about the levels of debt at the club, currently standing at £716m, which they fear could starve the team of investment.

On Friday, Liverpool Football Club owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett confirmed their intention to sell the Premier League club. British Airways boss Martin Broughton will oversee the sale of the Anfield club, which is £237m in debt. The pair said there had been a number of expressions of interest and they have hired Barclays Capital to handle the sale.

Unread 08-01-2011, 05:56 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Disregard that article it's old news

Iphone had yesterday's date on it.

Unread 08-01-2011, 06:02 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Anyway, I hate getting giddy over this Qatar talk But the Glazers just cant stay forever, maybe there's summat in it - especially as there's STILL been no public word on where the PIK cash came from.Long term, does anyone think that the Red Knights would be the better option with regards to funding to compete at the top level etc?

I'd rather the Qatari's tbh sand dunes.
I assume any RK bid would involve them borrowing money to buy the club out, so it's hardly much of an improvement. With the Qatar lot, that wouldn't be an issue. I doubt the Glazers would ever consider a bit from the so called 'Red Knights', after their public attacks last season.

Unread 08-01-2011, 06:06 PM
andyroo

Quote:
I doubt the Glazers would ever consider a bit from the so called 'Red Knights', after their public attacks last season.
They'd consider anything if the money was right. Why did they buy us in the first place?

Unread 08-01-2011, 06:07 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Why did they buy us in the first place?
never underestimate the stupidity of the public?

Unread 08-01-2011, 06:09 PM
Tumescent Throb

£#%&! the barren knights. replace a family of capitalist spivs with a rabble of about 50 disperate spivs? oh and keep the bond? £#%&! off

expect shopping malls full of khammafoursh and machboush sometime soon.

link to hayley mcqueen's machboush...

Unread 08-01-2011, 06:16 PM
The Watcher

tbf, I'm hoping Arab ownership will lead to better catering at OT. Love a nice half time Falafel

Unread 08-01-2011, 06:27 PM
jem

more likely to be half-time stonings.

Unread 08-01-2011, 06:30 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

Unread 08-01-2011, 06:30 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up Re: United to pay PIK debts in full

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
nwaf

Unread 08-01-2011, 07:11 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
tbf, I'm hoping Arab ownership will lead to better catering at OT. Love a nice half time Falafel
They have Falafel pastry things now. No wum.

Unread 08-01-2011, 08:44 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Interesting to hear that one of the @#%&!s bought a £8m mansion the other week, money appearing everywhere.

It's a cert that the Quatari's will buy the club, it's when is the key factor but regardless of what the club say, attendances have dropped this season and there struggling to get rid of tickets without an increase of last season. They will raise them this summer and they know anymore then there's a bigger risk of no renewals.
That's definitely got to be a worry for them, but when it comes to it, in the face of greater increases 95% will bend over and take what's coming.

Unread 08-01-2011, 08:48 PM
The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
Who told you about Carlo's sideline flogging gear in K stand?
Closed Thread